the photograph.

If I Lose You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Scumbag!”

“Loser!”

“Murderer!”

He was called these words. Hateful words that pierced his heart to the core as much as the hits did to his body. Did he really deserve them all? Is he really that? Like what they say, is he really the murderer? Sehun looked at the wallet-sized picture now covered in mud as sorrowful tears outpoured on his face.

How did this happen?

Just a few moments ago he was on his way back home when suddenly he was surrounded by Inguk and the other boys from his class. Sehun continued to look down, gripping on the handle of his backpack. The weak twin didn’t even fight back when a person behind him hit the back of his head really really hard that it made him fall to the ground. Instead he let them hit him violently countless of times. He let those brutes call him words that he didn't even deserve.

They even laughed at him when they found his twin brother's picture in his wallet. They called him gay, murderer and other things that bore through his fragile heart. Soon it started to rain and he was left alone under the rain; unable to stand on his feet. Dirt covered his uniform as well as his hands and his cheek. The condemned boy closed his eyes to keep the tears from falling, allowing the rain to wash away the sludge on his uniform.

Where are you, Baekhyun? He questioned in spite of the fact that the answer to that would be too horrifying to even contemplate. Still, he pondered. He knew it was wrong though. Yet he couldn't help it. If Baekhyun managed to kill someone as innocent as Eunjoo, then why didn't he kill those people who practically beat him to a pulp? Why was he alone in the mud, hopeless and rooted to the same spot almost as if there's no meaning in his life anymore?

 

It hurts.

It hurts so much to have someone in your heart that you can't have in your arms.

I'm hopeless...

I'm alone...

 

Almost...

Eventually, the rain stopped pouring down.

Or did it really?

Has it been so long since he remained in that same position on the same spot?

Sehun opened his eyes once again.

"B-Baekhyun?" He managed to say indistinctly despite his throat drying.

Sehun gazed up to the figure with the flaxen hair looking down at him whilst holding an umbrella over him. So it's still raining... He thought. Sehun saw how the blonde fretted at the sight of his helplessness that it only made him feel sorry for himself.

"Are you okay?" The blonde asked in a rather tremulous voice.

I don't want you here. Sehun could only say those words in his mind. He didn't want to see the lad. All he wanted at that very moment was to see his twin brother even if it's just another figment of his imagination like the usual, not the boy from his class.

"Come on. I'll take you home." Luhan said regardless of Sehun snubbing him. It wasn't even a suggestion and he didn't even care when the tall man shook his head and insisted on leaving him alone. Luhan just grabbed the tall man's waist, pulling him up to a sitting position.

"Stay away from me," Sehun mumbled as he tried his best to avoid the latter's searching gaze; which wasn't very successful for him.

"You finally talked to me, Oh Sehun." The latter said, his voice was muffled as he spoke with amusement. "Tell me where you live and I'll bring you there." Luhan then crouched down with his back Sehun. Looking over his shoulder, he found the tall man staring at him in awe. "Sehun," the smaller boy smiled faintly, gesturing for the taller man to get on his back as he opened his arms slightly. Sehun hesitated for a moment yet part of him was yearning to grab onto the smaller boy and wrap his arms around him, wondering if the latter is worth his trust and would actually take care of him.

Sehun wanted to ask the latter why he was helping him. Why did he let himself get soaked in the rain for him? Why does he even act as if he cares? Aren't they supposed to be all the same? Isn't he supposed to loathe him and tell him he's a murderer? "Why?" Sehun finally asked, which took him a lot of courage to blurt out.

"Just because. Get on my back. Don't be hard headed while I'm trying to help you here," the smaller boy seized the taller man's arms instead. "I'll help you with that," he said before placing the latter's arms around his shoulder bone.

"You're not supposed to hold me. My twin will kill you," Sehun whispered against the latter's ears, as if to threaten the smaller boy but with a lame joke.

Luhan laughed a bit, but he brushed it off abruptly. "Well, I might die because of heart attack before he finds me." Luhan joked as he lifted the tall man with his arms below his knees. Wrapping his arms around the smaller boy's neck, Sehun fell silent at Luhan's play on words.

Luhan carried the taller man on his back, walking straight according to Sehun's direction. He tried to hold the umbrella over them, but failed miserably. In the end, he decided to just cling to it as he apologized for being unable to give them a cover.  Luckily, the rain stopped halfway. The only problem Sehun could see was that his savior was also as wet as him and it made him anxious that Luhan might catch a cold because of him.

The whole time Sehun was quiet while Luhan was blathering about random stuffs.

"I'm sorry about what happened. T

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter