big brother.

If I Lose You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Big Brother/ Hyung/ Oppa 

 

After the incident at the pool, Luhan asked to be sent back to his house. He refused to change his clothes or look at anyone but his trembling hands. Kai was in shock upon realizing what he had done to his own best friend, and so was the others who caught the scene. Everyone was bothered about Kai's actions, and Luhan was bothered about someone else. He went straight into his room, unable to acknowledge his mother with a smile, and then he locked his door before she could react.

He stared blankly across the window as he plunked sideways on his bed. His clothes were still soaking wet from the fall in the pool. The beating of his heart was still unstable and he couldn't think straight. His mother had been knocking on his door several times but his thoughts were elsewhere. All he could picture in his head was the horror he witnessed underneath the pool and the threatening voice of death. He could picture how his best friend just stood there as he drowned and how the man he learned to love for the first time was the one who pulled him back up but was also the reason of this all. He wished he was wrong about his assumptions, but the evidence tells him that he couldn't be wrong. And this certainty he was feeling, scared him. He didn't want to die. He wanted to live a little longer. But something - no, 'someone' - someone had been trying to take that away from him. The chance to live again as if there's a lot to look forward to. His dreams of making more memories with his family, friends, and Oh Sehun. It all shattered when Oh Sehun turned his back on him and followed a ghostly figure. But you know what hurt him the most though? It's the fact that he could never be better than the boy Sehun was following. Never. He could never be Oh Baekhyun. How could he be better than Sehun's only family? Sehun might have said he loved him, but was it real or was everything just an illusion caused by the medicines he had been taking which led him to believe in things that he wanted to hear - like a confession from Sehun before he dies?

"That's right..." he said unto himself, half whispered with a voice as brittle as ice and his tears threatening to fall. "I should be glad... at least he saved me. He saved me again...If it wasn't because of his brother... he probably won't need to." He fought his tears back, but it was too hard to keep it from falling. It was even harder to breathe. He felt as if his death was coming closer, and he almost gave in for one moment before his little sister, worried and sad, showed up and walked across his bed with a whiteboard against her chest. She had been hiding in his closet since morning, hoping he'd come back in his room, but not like this. "H-Hani?" Luhan blurted out, gradually calming down at the sight of his sweet little sister. Catching the concern on her face forced Luhan to put a small smile on his face as he kissed the back of her palm heartedly, just to convince her that he was going to be all right. His mother would be calling the ambulance for him or she'll find the key to his door or perhaps he'll be fine in less than a minute and everyone's going to stop worrying.

"It's okay," he whispered softly but loud enough for Hani to hear. "Big brother was just... dumped," he added jokingly, tears were quick to fall as he recalled how the moment he opened his eyes, Sehun was already walking away with someone else. They said Sehun saved him, but all he saw was this man seemingly running away from him. "I j-just don't know what to do that's why I'm crying... I'm scared that I might die with so much hatred and regrets and even haters and then...and then no one's going to miss me when I'm gone... but that's okay. I'll be fine... Big brother is strong, remember?"

Hani seemed to have understood but she turned around and went back to his closet. It looked as if she was searching for something in her bag that she placed inside the closet next to the small neck pillow where she waited and slept. Watching his little sister so energetic and innocent, that simply made Luhan feel a little bit at ease. He knew that if he ever leaves this world, she'd be able to move on from him, be happier, and have real friends. He could tell she'll have a bright future despite being mute.

A few moments later, Hani tootled back to the elder boy in a hurried pace with a piece of card in her hand. It was a so-called business card given by the higher rank students who created their own school clubs at her school.

LHB Club. Love, Honesty, and Forgiveness.

"Love, Honesty, and Forgiveness?" Luhan read, chuckling weakly, then he nodded, as if he kind of understood what she was trying to say. "You're right... That's sweet," he said, hence unintentionally saying the words that followed, "I could die in peace if I do all of the above..."

Die? That word somehow alarmed the little girl. She heard it come out of her brother's mouth way too many times, but hearing that he'd die in peace sounded a little different now. A little scarier. It was as if he was ready for it even though he was reassuring her earlier that he was going to be just fine. So why now?

'Are you gonna die?' she mouthed, her lips were readable despite her voice not wanting to be grasped. Luhan just looked at her, feeling sleepy suddenly. Perhaps, he had been talking too much and it drained the energy he had left. But of course, he didn't want to die yet. Not yet. Just... sleepy. He had to close his eyes on her. Until a tiny little voice, a voice that was silvery yet wobbly, woke him up...

"B-Big brother?"

'Hani?' He called out through his mind, fluttering his eyes open as steady as he could. "Hani?" He called out breathily, urgently. He met her perturbed gaze and touched her shaky little hand, waiting for the sound of her voice. "Did you just..."

"P-Ple-ease d-d-don't l-leave m-me..." Hani cried. "M-mo-mommy and I... love you."

Luhan cried softly, joyful about hearing his little sister's lost voice. "Hani... I love you guys too."

"P-please."

"I won't."

But what if his heart suddenly stops beating?

 

Once. Twice. Thrice. And counting. How many times has it been since Sehun have been cutting himself? How many times has he said 'I'm sorry'? Since yesterday. Probably almost a thousand times since he left the school and locked himself in his own room. He had no idea that Luhan was just a couple of steps away across the street, feeling as dead as he was. As evil as he was. As unforgivable as he was, and always will.

Was it a mistake to bring Luhan back to life for the second time? Baekhyun was so angry. So, angry. So sad. Baekhyun was weeping in that corner in his room. So scary. So lonely. So

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter