Take care, watch out

If I Lose You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Luhan skimmed his fingers across the horizontal poster on the wall to which they attached Sehun's drawings with adhesive tapes. His heart skipped a beat when he recalled the actual scene from Sehun's drawing. Everything seemed so beautiful that it made him want to jump in the drawing and rewind the scene.

What made it so perfect was how Sehun wrote the thoughts that he failed to say out loud. Like how badly he wanted to thank Luhan for being a good friend instead of just thanking him for the cake he baked or how Sehun just wanted to admit that Luhan was beautiful inside and out. It wasn't like Sehun at all. Sehun was supposed to be quiet and mysterious. He was the kind of person who would rather keep his feelings and thoughts to himself than reveal them to his friends. Sehun was never interested in drawing either, or so Luhan thought (since Sehun rejected his club offer before). Sehun used to ignore him. Nonetheless, to see Sehun's drawings of him was something beyond his expectation. 

Luhan couldn't deny just how happy he was that Sehun remembered him that day after all. He couldn't be more flattered to be Sehun's model in his first attempt on drawing. Sehun was getting better. Sehun was slowly opening up to other people. It was a good sign.

"You did this, Sehun?" Luhan asked in astonishment. His fingers stopped on the last sketch glued at the bottom part of the poster and he twitched his lips delightfully before looking at Sehun. "It's very beautiful," he commented in all honesty.

"T-Thanks." Sehun lowered his reddened face in embarrassment. The other members noticed how shy Sehun looked and shortly after they exchanged looks at each other, they laughed out loud in amusement.

Kai stayed at the front door in silence. He wanted to go inside and embrace Luhan in his arms, but he didn't have the courage to. 

If only he was Sehun, he thought. Maybe Luhan would pay more attention to him. Maybe Luhan would consider him, his feelings. Maybe Luhan would forgive him over and over again.  Maybe, if he was Sehun.

What was with Sehun anyway? Sehun was just an outcast. He was just nobody and yet he successfully caught Luhan's attention without even trying. The attention that Kai had been yearning since the first day of high school. 

"Awww Sehun looks so shy!" Chanyeol teased and whistled. "Luhan, did you know that he never blinked while drawing you?" 

Luhan giggled and looked at Sehun. "No wonder your eyes are so red!" Sehun froze as Luhan cupped his face without warning. "Are you okay? Did you sleep well last night?" The petite boy asked in concern.

"Whitwew!" The members cooed in unison. 

"I'm kind of shy right now... Let's talk later please." Sehun admitted in the tiniest voice that only Luhan heard (hopefully), before looking away from the latter's squirrelly eyes.

"Okay later then," Luhan whispered back. He let go of Sehun and turned to face the members who unintentionally caused his inactive club to be disbanded but also made his comeback special. He was delighted to know how they all worked hard just to welcome him back, but seeing them together again like a team made him even happier that he came back.

"Thank you everyone," Luhan said as he tried to hold back the tears. Everyone looked at him worriedly. Chanyeol immediately outstretched his arms as if to catch the tears that were threatening to escape from the leader's eyes. Sehun wanted nothing but to hug Luhan and let him cry on his shoulder. Kai hesitantly stepped inside as he listened to Luhan's brittle voice.

"I don't deserve this but I really appreciate it," Luhan continued with a hoarse voice. "I'm happy to see you all of you together. Even though the club is gone, you guys still did this for me. Thank you. You guys really surprised me. I'm so glad I came back."

"Oh look! Kai is here!" Suho noticed Kai and immediately dragged the tanned man next to him as he gleefully grinned at Luhan. "Luhan! Kai helped with the balloons too! He wasted all his air for the balloons!"

"Really?" Luhan blinked in disbelief. "Thank-"

"It wasn't wasted, don't worry." Kai cut in hastily. He wasn't glancing back at Luhan though. "Mei helped me. We did it for you, so nothing was wasted because you're here now, you came back."

"Thank you, Kai, you really are my best friend! And Mei too, but where is she?" Luhan darted his eyes around in search for Mei.

"She went back to class already," Kai answered. 

"Ah, is that so?" Luhan sighed. 

"Actually, there's more," Kyungsoo added hesitantly as he fidgeted his fingers in the most mousy way.

"More surprises?" Luhan widened his eyes. The rest of the members glanced at Kyungsoo as they waited for the shy boy to reveal their biggest surprise for the young leader.

Kyungsoo cleared his throat before continuing, "Well, we kind of asked the principal to-"

"Luhan?" Everyone turned to see the owner of the gravelly voice who cut off Kyungsoo's supposedly speech. The figure was standing behind them with an unpleasant expression. Great, it was Mr. Zhang. "What are you doing here?" The teacher asked with his eyes fixed on the blonde boy.

"Mr. Zhang..."

~~

Almost an hour elapsed and Luhan wasn't back in the club room yet. Ten minutes more and lunch break would be over. They would have to come back to class without Luhan.

Sehun was walking back and forth outside the door, waiting anxiously for the petite boy to come back. He was worried sick that Luhan might get in trouble. He remembered Kai told him about Luhan not coming back to school anymore. The way Mr. Zhang dragged Luhan to his office made Sehun think that maybe Kai wasn't lying after all. Perhaps it was true. Luhan wasn't really supposed to be in school anymore.

"Come on guys, let's go back to our respective classrooms and tell Luhan the good news later." Chanyeol announced to everybody before making the first move outside. It was there that he found a dreadful Sehun impatiently waiting for Luhan.

Chanyeol immediately snapped in front of the troubled latter. "Sehun," he muttered as Sehun narrowed his eyes at him. "Relax. Luhan will follow us to class later. There's nothing to worry about." He assured.

Sehun hesitated to say something because his mind was all over the places. Good thing he managed to relax instead of becoming aggressive. "Thank you, Chanyeol." He thanked the latter sincerely. 

"Go to class okay?"

"I'll go when the bell rings," Sehun said as he nodded his head. The other members including Kai started walking out of the club room shortly. Sehun, still glued on the same spot where Chanyeol left him, looked over his right shoulder to check if there was any sign of Luhan or Mr. Zhang leaving the faculty room which was only a few meters across him.

Girls and boys made their way through the school hallway. It was kind of awkward how most of them didn't even see him standing in the middle of the hallway. Sehun didn't care though. He didn't care that they bumped on him, intentionally or not. He was busy searching for the unique blonde somewhere in the crowd.

It wasn't until the bell rang for the ninth time, that Sehun decided he should head back to class before he gets in trouble. Suddenly, someone grabbed his arm back and spun him around rapidly. Sehun almost lost his balance, but luckily the blonde boy who hastily whirled him around without warning helped him regain his balance by pulling him up instantly.

"Oops, was I too hasty? Sorry, I was trying to stop you from leaving." The blonde boy bit his lip in remorse before putting Sehun's arm around his neck.  "Sehun, are you still sleepy? Are you sick perhaps?"

"No," Sehun nodded. "I'm fine, Luhan. Are you?" He asked.

"Nice, you say my name quite easily now," Luhan commented. He chuckled shortly after Sehun averted his gaze from him. "Sorry, you must be very tired." He apologized right away. "Your eyes are red. Do you want to sleep in the clinic?"

Sehun hesitat

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter