that blonde.

If I Lose You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Sehun stared in horror with his mouth agape at the lifeless body of his younger twin lying on the messy blood-stained bed. The younger twin's blonde hair wasn't a beautiful sight anymore. There was still a smudge of dark red liquid visible on his hair, all from the bullet that went savagely through his head.

Sehun couldn’t remember how long he had cried in that dark room, but somehow it felt like forever. Like a bad dream.  He continued to slap his face anxiously, praying to God that it wasn't real. Then it finally hit him and he broke down in more sorrowful tears. Dreams are better than reality. Because in his dreams, Baekhyun is still smiling at him. In reality, Baekhyun is on that bed; perished .

Sehun shook his head, frustrated.

That can't be his brother.

That can't be Baekhyun.

Baekhyun can't be dead.

He's just asleep. Sehun hoped.

"This is not true. Baekhyun is not dead! Aunt, that's not Baekhyun! Baekhyun... Baekhyun should be sleeping right now. Baekhyun is not ing dead!" And as his pleading whimper reflected in the room, Sehun pulled his knees close to his chest and buried his face slowly. The woman strived on helping him up but Sehun dismissed her in hopes of his brother waking up if he only waits for a few more minutes or even hours. "I'm not leaving until he wakes up... I'll wait." 

"Sehun...I'm sorry sweetie. I’m so sorry."

Sehun felt quiver over his moist body, the broken words of promise echoing in his mind. He said those words. He always promised the younger one. The past few months was a huge mistake because he had been busy with his own friends and school, he didn't even have time to spend with his younger twin anymore. The lady trying to calm him down wasn't even at fault. She took care of them like her own, she pampered them and loved them so dearly. It was Sehun who lacked something. The care and love that Baekhyun had been longing. Sehun promised him to meet him there, and yet again Sehun broke another promise. The last promise.

He should be the one to say sorry.

Yet all he could do was cry helplessly and repeat those vain words in his mind.

'Baekhyun is not dead... Baekhyun is just asleep. He's just asleep like an angel he is-

He can't be dead. Baekhyun, please wake me up.'

 

Luhan watched his best friends laughing as they made their way to his seat at the front row. He gave them a knowing look and said, "What are you guys laughing about?" 

Kai only smiled back slyly, winking an eye to their other friend Mei. Luhan curiously snapped his hand in front of them, raising his chin maliciously as if to interrogate them. "Tell me the truth. Are you two finally dating?"

"What? Of course not!" Kai laughed at Luhan's silly prediction. Luhan could tell something was fishy though, denial is always the first stage when you're in love and he had noticed since the last few weeks that Mei and Kai have been acting strangely towards each other. And then now, they're laughing as if there's no tomorrow.

"I don't believe you guys!"

"Oh come on" Mei eventually spoke up, whining with her eyes flickering steadily. "We were just talking about your last birthday! Remember when there was a bug in the karaoke room? You screamed like a girl! Kai and I were just reminiscing funny moments!" 

Luhan hesitated but continued listening to his friend blabbering about the last year on and on. They had always been the three happy friends or the three idiots in school. Popular and loved by other students, most especially Kai for being the star in the Basketball team. Mei was loved for her slinky figure and she's also the most flexible dancer in the dance club. Luhan was the first male student landing the highest rank in the whole campus.

"Why are you guys bringing that up again anyway?" Luhan crossed his arms over his chest, his lips forming into a pout as he threatened his friends with his eyes. "It's not even my birthday yet. Are you only trying to change topic, Mei?"

"Listen here Lu," Kai started as he abruptly leans in carelessly to the blonde boy, his nose suddenly too close to the blonde that it made the brunette jump back a little and his face reddened. "Anyway it's not what you think it is!" He continued. "There's nothing between me and Mei." Kai always defended himself every time Luhan teases him with Mei. Mei, on the other hand, would always try to do the same although she liked being teased with Kai. Luhan is just as innocent and playful as he is, teasing his friends together for fun, hoping to someday see them with their hands intertwined with each other. 

There was a moment of silence between Kai and Luhan before they heard the others murmuring about a person who just entered the room. Luhan tilted his head to the doorway, his mouth drops open at the familiar figure making his way towards the teacher's desk at the edge of the classroom near the window. 

"Hey Lu." Kai snapped his fingers at him, waving his hand in front of the blonde in hopes of catching back his attention from the new student. 

Luhan doesn’t say anything though. He resumed his gaze at the charcoal haired boy biting his light pink lower lip cunningly at the teacher.

Luhan remembered the guy from last week. Back in the train. How the mysterious boy stared at him as if in shock, and how he looked away afte Luhan finished introducing himself. Of course, Luhan was offended but that was last week. He couldn't wait to be friends with the new guy. He smiled intently and as he successfully caught the new guy's attention, Luhan waved his hand excitedly. 

The new guy didn't wave back. He fixed his gaze somewhere else, as if he didn't remember the blonde. 

"Good news, Lu. There's a new student." Mei said. "You should ask him to join your club!"

Kai sighed disapprovingly, putting his hand in dismay on top of Luhan's desk. "So that's why you look so excited to see him, huh, Lu?"

Luhan beamed at his two best friends, nodding his head in satisfaction. Luhan as the class president was given the ability to make his own club like the rest of the class presidents from other classes. However, Luhan was unable to gather as much members as he can even though he was somehow adored by senior students. His club had the smallest amount of only nine members including himself so the principal had told him that if he couldn't find another member to join within two weeks, then the club's gone for good.

Luhan's club was one of the most unpopular. He created this club about manga artists, but he, himself wasn't good in drawing. Luhan reckoned maybe only that few in the campus were interested in drawing.

To his other members, it didn't matter though. To Kai and Mei, it didn't matter as well. Kai always wanted Luhan to join the Basketball Club and Mei wanted him in the dance club, Luhan didn't want to join either one.

His own club mattered, that is.

"I'll ask him to join my club later." Luhan said eagerly.

The new student stood at the front as he was introduced by his teacher. He avoided the blonde's steady gaze cautiously, feeling uneasy about it. Sehun kept his mouth closed in a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter