you never listen

If I Lose You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Luhan was slightly reluctant to be with Sehun, but part of him didn't want to stay away the latter. He wanted to believe that he was only seeing those intolerable visions because he was sick, that none of them were real. However, the question 'what if' always crossed his mind many times...which was why he never dialed Sehun again after receiving the most awaited confession and a kiss on a Saturday date night - and that just happened to be on his best friend's birthday. It wasn't because he didn't love him back. It was just because he was afraid to love him back. 

Luhan went to school a little early than usual so he could still study before the long quiz, apparently he was asleep the whole afternoon yesterday until morning came. Back to the previous nights, on the day of Kai's birthday, he tried to talk with Kai but the latter merely ignored his calls which worried Luhan a lot. He was also worried about Sehun for leaving him that night in the carnival so he could follow his best friend Kai and explain what just happened between him and Sehun- though he wasn't really sure whether his explanation would fix anything or make the current situation even worse. He wasn't able to find Kai nevertheless and he also ended up calling Mr. Zhang to pick him up.

What was there to explain anyway? That he wanted to kiss Sehun too? That he couldn't help kissing him back? That he couldn't return Kai's feelings because of Sehun? No. None of those would bring back his friendship with Kai. He would have to lie if he really wanted Kai back...but then he would have to stay away from Sehun. 

Upon arriving in the classroom, Luhan took his seat at the front and pulled out a textbook from his bag. Trying to clear his mind from both Sehun and Kai, he briefly closed his eyes and swallowed hard. 

I need to focus. I'm the class president. I shouldn't be bothered by this... Kai will be fine. Sehun will be fine. He thought kind of selfishly.

"And 'that'," he added silently, referring the 'ghost' as 'that'. "That was not real..."

"What's not real?" Mei suddenly popped behind him and asked, startling Luhan. 

"Mei!" Luhan practically jumped off his seat as he turned his gaze toward his other best friend. "Mei, don't just come up on me like that," he said as he turned his attention back to his book and opened it, pretending to read. 

"Sorry!" Mei grinned as she walked in front of Luhan's desk and kneeled with her arms leaning over the desk. "I heard you and Kai fought again...What's wrong with the two of you?"

Luhan looked at her for a second before turning back to his book and searching the pages blindly with his hand. "He didn't tell you?" He asked quietly. 

"Kai didn't talk to me," Mei answered sadly. "Last saturday, your friend Chanyeol said Kai just had a misunderstanding with you..." Luhan balled his other fist as he listened. "Then when I tried to talk to Kai about it, he just brushed me off and left his house. Chanyeol and Kyungsoo followed him."

"Do you think he can still forgive me, Mei?"

Mei smiled sweetly. "We both know that whenever Kai gets mad at you, it never lasts long, right? You're like a brother to him. I bet he's gonna hug you so tight if you just approach him first," she said as she placed her palm over the other's fist. "He'll understand. He'll forgive you." For a moment, Luhan thought she knew something. Maybe Chanyeol told her that it wasn't a mere misunderstanding. What if Mei actually knew there was something else going on and she was just trying not to judge them because they're her best friends?

Suddenly, Luhan felt so jittery that he could not even look at Mei in the eyes. He gave her a small smile, a fake one, before he stood up and scurried away. "I have to go to the restroom," he said in a clipped tone as he disappeared out of Mei's sight.

 

Chanyeol was standing with his hands rested against each sides of the sink, his eyes fixed on a wrinkled and soaked photograph of two boys placed right below the running water. The boy with curly locks tried to give the picture back to its owner - to Sehun - who apparently dropped it back at the carnival, but he didn't have the nerve to do so. He had been keeping the picture, staring at it until he's bored or until he falls asleep without even realizing.  He knew it wasn't right to keep something that he doesn't own, but he clearly had no choice when he started seeing another figure trailing behind Sehun. 

He saw that boy back in the carnival, clothes dirtied with a smudge of blood, bags darker than black and eyes filled with pain and probably hatred. Chanyeol knew he was gifted to see ghosts so it wasn't a surprise he found another one and it just happened to be at Sehun's tail.  The soul must have been too weak at that moment to conceal himself from Chanyeol's brown orbs. The thing that left him aghast to the point that he'd try to damage the photograph was the fact that he'd seen that boy even before what happened in the carnival.

That boy smiling next to Sehun in the picture? Chanyeol saw him before he died. Chanyeol believed it was Sehun's twin brother. Oh Baekhyun.

Several months ago, Chanyeol went to the town where the twins used to live so he could hang out with his favorite cousin before his older cousin's flight out of the country. He went to watch the movie with his cousin, the movie that Baekhyun wanted to watch with Sehun but that night wasn't a good time for either of them. Sehun didn't come for Baekhyun. On the other hand, Chanyeol was feeling sick so he went out of the cinema to get some real air. He went

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter