shut down.

If I Lose You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun groaned before he opened his hazy eyes and rubbed it with his fingers. He shifted his body to the side and slid his hand underneath the silky pillow to get his phone.

Last night, he fell asleep while texting Eunjoo. It wasn't because he liked her, maybe he just wanted to get to know her. Or maybe he just wanted to try not isolating himself from people anymore. Maybe Baekhyun wouldn't like it if he continues acting like he has no reason to live anymore. Maybe Baekhyun would be more than glad and satisfied if he knows his twin finally found a friend after a long time of grief.

He thought before reading the new message that popped up from Eunjoo. 

See you in the rooftop tomorrow Sehun!

Okay, see you. Sehun thought before typing his reply.

It felt kind of awkward though. In Sehun's opinion; it was most probably because he secluded himself from other people for the last few months and then all of the sudden he's texting with a girl whom he just met and then he was asked to meet again at the same place he first met her. And then what? She's probably gonna lure him again into her group of friends like last time or lament about how much she loved her brother before he passed away. Maybe it was awkward for the tall man because they were both suffering the same loss.

After sending his reply to his so-called newest friend, Sehun jumped off his bed casually, pacing towards the window that he had left half-opened last night. He let out a sigh before noticing a blonde boy cleaning the front yard from the opposite house next to his. He couldn't resist peeping in just to take a glance of the blonde boy's beautiful features.

He looked almost perfect with his natural pink lips and porcelain skin ---  everything that made him so beautiful were even more noticeable under the sun that emphasized his alluring beauty. It made the tall man think he wasn't even real. 

Luhan was still in his pajamas though. One of his daily routines was to sweep the front yard every morning before going to school and then make breakfast for his little sister. His mother always leaves early at four in the morning to work in the call center. His father left them when he was about Hani's age but for whatever reason it was, Luhan still longs to meet him again someday.

So lost in his thoughts, Luhan felt his arm went numb with a tingling sensation but only briefly before he dropped the broom he was holding. He bent down to pick it up but detected someone watching him from the other house, making him turn around quickly. Maybe it's Hani's friend. Luhan thought he could finally catch a glimpse of Hani's new friend. Unfortunately, no one was there by the window anymore.

The tall man frantically leaned his back against the back of his door, dismayed when his heart began to race asymmetrically just by the sight of that blonde boy.

There was something about him that made the tall man feeling overwrought. Something about the way the blonde boy looked at him and the way he talked with his wide genuine smile as if life is that beautiful to smile!

Maybe it was the hair that practically resembled his twin brother's beautiful blonde locks.

Maybe he just misses his brother. Maybe he's just not over him yet.

And that's when the tall man noticed the picture frame on top of the study table beside his laptop. They were so happy in that picture. It was during their birthday last year that they took that last picture together. It was when Sehun still had time for his younger twin. It was when he promised the younger twin that he'll give him a plushy on their next birthday, which obviously made the younger twin upset for devulging the supposed-to-be surprise for the next year. He ended up buying the plushy the following day after that. 

Life was very unfair. Now Baekhyun was gone. All he has left of him was that picture frame and the memories. There's no Baekhyun. He can no longer touch him. He can no longer talk to him. He thought he must be the worse brother for presuming that his blonde classmate was his Baekhyun.

Baekhyun might even hate him for that.

For the last time, Sehun glanced back through the window, emitting a sigh of relief upon finding no sign of the blonde.

He hurried to the bathroom to shower and change for school. It was only his second day in the neighborhood but he wanted to leave and move somewhere else already. Maybe he should have stayed in Busan with their relative instead of living with his beloved father's sister who disappeared and never really showed up again until his brother died. Why was he there in the first place? Did he want to move on so badly that he left the home he grew up in and the woman who took care of him and his brother like her own family? Did he really think that he will ever get over the death of his brother?

Maybe yes. Maybe he might get over him. Maybe if he avoids the people who would remind him of Baekhyun. Maybe he will get better.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter