A Chance

Master and Slave

 

 

I tried really hard to forget about our argument a week ago and just focus on my work. But Tiffany never fails to visit my thoughts. It's been five days since she left and I really missed her but I cannot take another 'stop all these s' from her. So even if I wanted to call her to come back, something is stopping me, pride? pain? cowardice? name it all. I still send the nurse I promise for her father but I cannot visit her to GwangJu and I'm hella worried about her now. I hope her ankle is better now.

"yah! Taeyeon!" I woke up at the yell from Director Lee

"you missed the verse again, what's wrong with you? we've been recording for hours now, and we haven't reached the chorus yet" He pinched the bridge of his nose out of disappointment. This is the first time for four years I become unfocused with my work.

"I'm sorry Director, let's do it again, sorry" I bow to him but he stood up

"No Taeyeon, let's just do this tomorrow. Have a rest and gather your thoughts first." then he walked away..damn it Kim Taeyeon


The whole day became a mess for me, so I thought that I needed to release the stress I'm keeping with me. I called Sooyoung to have a drink with me at the bar near my house

I enter the bar with my party dress I don't often wear. I didn't even bother to hide my celebrity status, I just want to enjoy the night and forget everything that's hurting me right now.

"Hey Taeng..here" Soo called. I came to her who already have drinks on her table.

"you started?" I asked her and she gave me a glass of vodka as she welcomed me

"just now..so what's up Taeng's heart, do you need a rescue again?" poking at my left chest. I slightly slapped her hand.

"shut up Soo, I came here to release some stress" I took another glass of vodka, and she nods at me sarcastically

"So who's giving you stress these days? Is she someone with a beautiful eye smile who is so called Tiffany Hwang?" she really knows how to start an emotional conversation with me.

I told her everything that happened, I really need someone right now to pour my heart out with. I lost count of how many glasses of vodka I had, but I still continue anyway. I want to numb myself through alcohol even just for a night. I want to forget the pain I'm having with me.

"you know Taeng, maybe you two need to talk this out to each other. Tell her how you really feel, don't make her guess, you're confusing her" another glass down

"I tried..i tried Soo..but...she doesn't..want to hear it!" I feel of having hard time to speak straight. I feel dizzy but I like it.

"I think we have to go home now Taeng, you're drunk" Soo stopped me from drinking the next glass of vodka which made me frown in an instant

"no! you stop Choi Sooyoung..I'm nnnot..drunk! Let's enjoy the..night!!" I stood up and came to the dance floor. I dance with no care at all. A tall guy follow me, dance with me like we know each other. He touched me, caress my arms and grab my waist, but I don't care at all. I like how the alcohol numb my heart and forget the pain I have even just for this night. And that's the last thing I remember.

 

 

 

I woke up this morning at the constant vibration of my phone. My head aches like it's going to explode and I can't bear it. I'm planning to decline the call but my eyes widen after seeing the caller id, it's the CEO. Why the hell he's calling me this morning?

"a..annyeong haseyo Mr. Yang, what makes you call this early?" I answer the call with my husky morning voice.

"this early? is 1pm still early for you huh Kim Taeyeon?" I looked at the clock and yes it's already afternoon....I missed the scheduled recording today morning. I don't know how to escape this trap.

"I'm so sorry Mr. Yang, I forgot to set my alarm, I just.." I was stopped by him

"it's not just about the recording Taeyeon, go turn on your TV, you're the freaking headline of every news program" I blink my eyes repeatedly trying to absorb what he just said. I turn on the TV without hanging up from him. My mouth went agape when I saw myself on the TV, a video of me dancing slash flirting with a guy who I can't remember I met. I can't believe I've done that what the video is showing. And my face frowned as I heard the comment of the MC of the show about the video.

"The Nation's First Sweetheart isn't as sweet as her fans thought she is. So this is how a sweetheart play with a stranger. I can't believe Taeyeon can do that" I can only grunt my teeth from what I saw.

"You see? You now see how messed your image now? you have a lot of haters now commenting on your SNS accounts. Your fans are now in front of our building asking for explanation..I can't believe you're that stupid to do that Taeyeon! I'm so disappointed on you" I can only sigh as response. I don't have any alibis from what I've done. Even myself didn't expect that I can do such things, such stupid things.

"you know what Taeyeon, I suggest you hide yourself for a while. You will be the talk of the town for a long time if you'll stay here in Korea" I furrowed brows at his suggestion

"What do you mean Mr. Yang, I'm going to leave Korea? where will I go then?" I know I'll suffer from criticisms but I can't leave Korea, I can't leave Tiffany.

"just a vacation Taeyeon, I have a rest house in Philippines, why don't you go there and rest. And come back with gathered thoughts. You really need that Taeyeon" I know he's only doing this for the sake of his company's image not because he cares for me. But i realized that he's right, I need a vacation and a rest. I need to fix myself or else I'm gonna lose all the things I worked hard for.

"arasso Mr. Yang. I'm so sorry for all the mess I've done" He hung up without any response. I lean my head on the wall, pressed the pillow on my face then screamed my lungs out. I'm so disappointed on myself but I can't bring back the time, this time I ed up real big.

 

 

[Sooyoung's POV]

I heard what just happened to Taeyeon and I'm feeling guilty about that. I should have not tolerated her that night. I'm a useless best friend for sure. I'm getting emotional in my room when my phone rings, and the caller is none other than the main reason of all this, Tiffany.


"yes Tiffany, I didn't expect a call from you" it took her seconds to response

"Hi Sooyoung-shi, I'm sorry to bother you but I just saw the news about Taeyeon and I'm just thinking if you know how is she now?" I smirk at what I've heard, It's Tiffany asking me about Taengoo..gotcha!

"oh so you saw it, I'm really sad about what happened to her. It's just because she's too drunk that night, she said she just want to numb her heart" I smile evilly hiding the sound of my chuckle

"numb her heart? but why?" With her most curious tone. Oh Tiffany, I know you knew too well what I mean.

"my best friend is really heart broken, I don't know the whole story but I know what she feels without even asking her" I lied, yeah this is for you Kim Taeyeon

"how is she now? have you talked to her already?" Why so curious huh Fany baby..This is it, I'll make a move for you Taeng

"She is devastated about what happened, really. And she is about to leave Korea today to hide herself far away from the media." nice one Soo

"what? she's leaving today? to where? for how long?" I can confirm from her actions how she feels for Taeng, it's so obvious even a kindergarten will notice.

"I heard that it's for good. Her image was completely wrecked and she decided to go and stay in her hometown" hoho that's a lie for sure, I'm sorry Tiffany but I have to do this.

"No way! I mean..isn't she going to say goodbye to me first? what the hell? Soo I need your help, please" gotcha! got you Tiffany!

"oh sure" I smile evilly. Let me rescue your dying heart Kim Taeyeon.

 

 

 

 

[Taeyeon's POV]


I am now at the airport all prepared to leave in a minute. I talked to my manager about how we have to keep from the CEO that he can't be with me on my vacation. He has to stay with his family specially for his child who is currently sick. I didn't protest about that because I also want to be alone.

I am sitting at the bench waiting for my flight, when I saw a familiar figure running around seems looking for something. I stood up to confirm it, and my eyes widen as I realized that it was Tiffany. What is she doing here? what is she looking for? she continues looking around not able to walk straight maybe out of pain of her wounded ankle until we locked gazes, she stopped the same thing my heart did. After almost two freaking weeks that I didn't able to see her, she still has the same effect on me. We just stared at each other for seconds until she took a step, and another, and another, closer to me.

"what are you doing here?" I asked her confusedly

"where do you think you're going?" she's panting

"you're leaving without even saying goodbye?" she took another step closer

"you're leaving me, just like that?" I saw a tear threatening to fall. I smile at her.

"what are you talking about Ms. Hwang? it's not that I'm going to Mars" I chuckle

"it's like that! you will leave and will never come back!" My mouth went agape at that, she thought that I will never come back? I tried not to laugh at her whining but I failed, she's too adorable even in the verge of crying.

"YAH! Kim Taeyeon, why are you laughing? do you think it's funny? don't just laugh! say something!" she's literally yelling at me but this is the cutest among all her yells for me. She's whining adorably and I want to pinch her cheeks.

"tsk tsk..Tiffany, I think your source is unreliable" she frowns and that's cute, everything she does right now looks cute on me

"Sooyoung, your bestfriend, she told me you're going to Philippines and will stay there for good, isn't it?" now slowly lowering her voice. I half scoffed half chuckled at what she just said

"never trust Choi Sooyoung's words, She's a prankster. Look Tiffany, I'll just go to Philippines for a week of vacation. I won't stay there for good for God's sake I don't even have a single relative there. Just for a vacation okay?" I'm holding my laugh coz I can now see her pissed face.

"so it's just a vacation? just for a week?" I nod still smiling at how adorable my angel is

"aish!!! that Choi Sooyoung! she told me you're going and will never...aish nevermind! I'll be going now" she turned and about to walk away but I grab her arm then pulled her closer to me. We locked gazes but she blinks more than I do.

"where are you going? I need my Personal assistant with me" she pulled her arm from my grip

"no way, I can't go with you" i lowered my gaze, out of her sight

"is it because I'm a ?" I almost whisper but I know she clearly heard it. I looked back at her and saw her now sadden face.

"about that, I'm sorry okay? I didn't mean it. I'm just hella confused, I couldn't think straight, you're doing stuffs that making me confused. And no, don't ask me to ask you question again. I still can't" she lowered her head and I know I can't force anything right now

"I understand that you're not ready yet. I'm sorry, I won't force you to do that again. But Tiffany.." I take her hand, she gasped at that. I look her in the eyes.

"will you give me a chance? please come with me, we'll sort all these things that confusing the both of us" I've waited for her answer for seconds until she slightly nod. I think it's a yes but I want to confirm it.

"Is that a yes?" my eyes are hopeful. She smiles at me then nods.

"Yes Taeyeon, let's sort this out together" I beam at her answer. I mean, I literally smile like an idiot. It's not that I won the lottery or an award but it's more than that. She finally gives me the chance I needed.

 

 

[a/n]

just a short update for now guys, I want the next chapter to be all about their vacation in Philippines.

By the way I'm from Philippines so I chose my country for this story haha so biased?

Again and again, thank you to the new subscribers, commenters, silent readers and up-voters. Love yah!

#BelieveInTaeNy
#TaeNyIsRealLove