Actions Speak Louder Than Words

Not Your Ordinary Man
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He threw his phone beside him and started screaming on the pillow. 

"Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!" 

"Mwoya? Are they dating now?"

"Why didn't she tell me?" 

"And what's up with the cheesy nonsense captions?!" 

"Ugh. Never mind." He told himself before trying to drift himself to sleep. 



Few days passed that they haven't met due to personal schedules. They are both busy with their works that they don't communicate with each other anymore. 

Jang Mi's eyes immediately lit up upon hearing the lift ding. She can finally sleep.

"Omo oppa!" She smiled, going into the elevator. 

"Jang Mi-ah..." Is all Donghae could utter, surprised to see her at this time. It's 7:30 in the evening. Jang Mi usually goes home at 9-10 these days.

"Going on a date?" She teased, giving him a playful hit on the arm. 

"Eung." Donghae nodded.

"Oh gosh. We need to catch up real soon!" she said, pressing the elevator button to keep it open. "You need to go, you'll be late!" She gave him a slight push. 

"Y-you don't have a date with Siwon?" He asked as he went out of the elevator. 

"Siwon?" She raised a brow. "I'm dating my bed right now." She chuckled, pressing the elevator button. "Tell me what happened, okay? Bye!" She said as she finally closes the elevator door. 



She went up to her apartment, immediately slumping herself on the bed, her face flat on it. 

"Someone bathe me~" she screamed to herself but immediately chuckling afterwards. "I'm insane." She told herself before getting up and going to the shower. 

It took her about 15-20 mins in taking a bath, grabbing whatever she gets from her drawer-- a comfy oversized hello kitty shirt and zebra printed shorts. 

She once again slumped herself on the bed, burying herself within her pillows. 

"I love you." She told her pillow and bed, smiling to herself. 

It was another a minute or two when the doorbell started ringing. 

"Please go!" She murmured, burying her face on the bed more. But then the doorbell rang once again, therefore she stood up to check who is it. 

"Oppa?" She asked herself as she opened the door, with Donghae immediately hugging her. 

"I missed you." He told her softly, burying his head on her neck. 

"Oh gosh this is so comforting." She said, as she hugged him back. "I know I should I ask you why you're here, but I badly needed this hug." She said that made him chuckle and hug her tighter. "Why are you here? Did she cancel your date?" She asked, her face still on his chest. 

Donghae was about to say otherwise but he nodded anyways. "Can we eat dinner instead?" 

"Mwoya. Am I your replacement or something?" She asked, this time pulling back to look at him. 

"No of course not!" He answered, waving his hands that made her chuckle. 

"I'm having a date with my bed though."

"Can't you postpone that date?" He chuckled. 

"Nah~ we misses each other dearly." 

"Why, don't you miss me?" He asked. 

"I don't know." She shrugged, teasing him. "How about tomorrow?" 

"I'll cook...?" 

"Omona jinjja?" She asked, face lit up. 

"Hmm. Just go date your bed now and date me later." He smiled, placing her hair behind her ear. 

"Call! Come in then~" she said as she finally open the door so that he could come in. 



~
"Jang Mi ah, wake up." He shook her, placing her hair behind her ear while Jang Mi is lying at the edge of the bed, her face and legs almost falling over. 

"Hmm... 5 more minutes dear." She uttered, getting Donghae's hand and clasping it with hers, before placing them under her cheek. 

"Ughh... Okay." Donghae slightly blushed as he sat on the floor, just observing at the woman in front of her. 

"What did you cook?" She asked, but her eyes were still closed. 

"Just some chap chae, chicken and seafood pancakes."

"Really?" She asked, now her eyes opened.

"Hmm." He nodded, smiling at her. 

"Oh gosh I can't wait to eat!" She said with glee as she stretched her arms up. "Help me up?" She said almost too adorably that made Donghae chuckle. 

"You sounded drunk." He said as he pulled her into his chest, with Jang Mi wrapping her ams around Donghae's waist. 

"I'm drunk in love with my bed. I wish I could marry it and live with it forever." 

"Aigoo. You're probably hungry." He pulled back to look at her. "Let's eat?" 

"Hmm~" she nodded as they made way to the dinning table. 



"Oh my gosh this is so good!" She gave him thumbs up that made him smile. 

"Really?" 

"Hmm. I could marry you for this!" She smiled, eating pancakes as Donghae was a little taken aback with what she said. 

"H-huh?" 

"Hmm?" She smiled, now feeding him. "You should eat." 

"What's up with you and marriages? You just said you wanted to marry your bed, and now me?" 

"Marriage is a lifetime bond, right? Anyways it'll sound sane if I marry you instead of my bed." She chuckled to herself. 

"So you want to marry me?" 

"It's an expression, oppa." 

"Oh." He nodded. 

"And you're dating! How can I just say something like that." She hit her forehead as she shakes her head. 

"Me? Dating? Who?" He asked, pointing to himself. 

"I don't know... Min Kyung-sshi? Wait, you're not dating?" 

"No! Who told you?" 

"I just assumed since you were supposed to go out for dinner?" She asked. 

"Ahh... About that... It's just a friendly date." He explained. 

"Why aren't you hitting on her? I thought you like her?" 

"And where did you get that again?" He raised a brow.  

"You said 'work is different from personal life'. I assume that she is your type and you like her that's why you've said those things." 

"Stop assuming things, will you? Yes, she's indeed pretty. But I don't like her." 

"Can't help it. I'm a girl. I assume a lot." She shrugged that made him furrow his eyebrows. 

"How about you? You're dating Siwon?" 

"Nope." 

"But you're always together." 

"Because we're working together." She answered that made him sigh. She's right.

"Even after work? You had coffee."  

"Sometimes... Only when I'm stressed. He would often ask me out for a coffee when he sees the worry lines on my forehead." She chuckled. 

"You like him?" 

"Yes." 

"Wh-what?" 

"What?" She raised a brow. 

"So... Are you planning to ask him out?" 

"Nah. We've already passed that phase. I don't want to go back. He's nice though." 

"What do you mean?"

"What?" 

"That you've already passed that phase... You dated?!" He asked in shock. 

"Nah. He asked me out, but I was dating--" she paused, drinking her water carefully. "My ex back then." 

"Oh." Donghae nodded. "So you're just friends now?" 

"Hmm." She nodded. 

"No more?" 

"No more. I like him as a friend." She answered that made Donghae sigh. "Why are you acting such a jealous boyfriend so suddenly?" She chuckled. 

"You acted one first." 

"Right." She chuckled once again. "I just probably missed you." 

"Do you like tall guys?" 

"Yeah..." She answered, raising a brow after. 

"Like how tall?" 

"Siwon oppa's height is okay." 

"Isn't he a little bit too tall compared to your height?" 

"Well if I go with shorter guys, what will happen to my child." She laughed at her own joke. "Probably at least your height?" 

"Okay good." He said. "Thin or fat?" 

"y...?" She stuck her tongue out a little.  

"You like guys who work out?" 

"Yeah. But not too much though. Just a little bit muscular would be fine. I love huggable guys." 

"But working out will mean he's not huggable...?" 

"It depends, actually." She drank her water. "Can we stop this? It's not like I look at the physical appearance." 

"You don't?" 

"Wait, are you setting me up with someone? And now you're taking a survey so that you would know if he will pass?" 

"Nope." He answered. 

"Then why are you suddenly asking for these things?" 
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter