Thank you

Not Your Ordinary Man
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Donghae woke up the next day, his head hurting for he got wasted last night. He sat up, looking around as few bottles of beers are lying around his room. 

He hold into his head as all of the happenings last night flash right back unto his memory, with him immediately standing up and wearing the shirt that's lying on the ground. 

He ran out of his unit, pressing the elevator button but because it was taking too long, he ran to the fire exit, going up one floor. 

He rang the doorbell, impatiently tapping his feet as he waits for her to open the door. 

 

In the next minute, Jang Mi finally opens the door, surprised by Donghae, who looked like he ran to her unit right after waking up. 

Donghae went in without hesitations, pulling Jang Mi for a hug. 

"I-is there something wrong?" Jang Mi asked, astonished with the man's actions. 

"Was I here last night?" 

"Huh?" She asked, pulling back to look at him. "Are you still drunk?" 

"Just answer me, was I here last night?" Donghae repeated his question. 

"No." She breathed. "Why?" 

"Oh thank God." He chuckled, pulling her for a tight hug. "I had a bad dream." 

"Geure? Maybe... I died in your dream?" 

"Worse." 

"I was buried alive?" She asked as Donghae pulled back, shaking his head. 

"Why do you think you died in my dreams?" 

"Because you came here running! And I haven't seen you for the longest time." She said as Donghae took a deep breath. 

"You didn't die in my dream." 

"Then what?" 

"Are you free this Saturday?" Donghae asked, changing the topic. 

"Seriously?" Jang Mi took a step back, not believing what Donghae just asked her. 

"Just please answer me first and then I'll tell you about my dream." He said calmly, with Jang Mi just staring at him in disbelief. 

"What time?" 

"Dinner, probably?" 

"Actually, I have this blind date during lunch." 

"Mwo?!" 

"Yeah... Siwon Oppa arranged it for me. He said he's really nice and that we'll be cute together." 

"Siwon sshi? But I thought he likes you?" 

"He liked me." She corrected. "Plus, he says the guy's a good friend so why not, right? If it goes well, that means I'm not available for dinner, but if it didn't, I could probably come." 

"How about tomorrow night? Are you free?" 

"Well Friday night is company dinner night. How about Sunday?" She asked as Donghae bit his lower lip, his head throbbing because of the hangover and because he cannot ask Jang Mi out before the blind date. "Do you want some hot chocolate? It seems like you're not feeling well." Jang Mi asked as Donghae just gave her a puppy eyes, making her chuckle as she shakes her head. "Let's go." She said, pulling him to the dining area. 

 

After making his hot chocolate, Jang Mi place it in front of Donghae, placing her hand on his forehead to feel his temperature. 

It seemed okay so she placed it on his neck, into which Donghae now held her hand, catching Jang Mi off guard. 

"How about tonight?" He asked. 

"I have an important meeting with a client tonight." She said, immediately regretting it because of how Donghae looks at her. "Tomorrow." 

"I thought--" 

"I could always tell them I have a date." She chuckled, pulling her hand back. "You know, if I'm not in the mood of drinking, I use it as an excuse." She gave him a smile, taking a seat in front of him. "Drink your hot chocolate to help ease the pain. I'll have to take a shower now, if you don't mind." 

"Hey," he caught her arm, preventing her from walking away from him. "Tomorrow, I'll pick you up at 7." 

"Alright." She nodded slowly, feeling weird about everything. 

He absolutely dreamed of me dying, because if not, he wouldn't meet me. She thought.  

 

 

——-Friday——-

DONGHAE’S POV

I watched the green digital number go from 7:39 to 7:40 as I finally took my phone out, calling Jang Mi. 

It was after 4-5 rings when she finally answered, making me smile. 

“Yoboseyo?” She answered hoarsely. 

“Hi... I’m already here outside your office.” I told her. 

“Omo?!” She exclaimed. “Oh my gosh oppa, I’ll be right out. I’m so sorry!” She apologize hurriedly, before ending the call. I just chuckled, shaking my head as I wait in the car. 

 

I’ve already moved our reservations from 8PM to 9PM, just to be sure. 

It was another good 5 minutes when she came out running, immediately opening the car and getting in. 

“Oppa, I’m so so so sorry! I didn’t see your message. I’m sorry!” She said as I felt myself chuckling from how she looked right now— she has hair and watch prints on her left cheek, indicating that she fell asleep. 

“It’s okay, don’t worry about it. Your seatbelt?” I asked as she pulled it by herself. “So... You fell asleep huh?” I asked as I started driving. 

“Yeah... I’m sorry! I should’ve set my alarm.” She said, hitting my left arm. 

“What’s wrong?” 

“My arm fell asleep.” She let out a small chuckle. “But oppa, I’m really sorry. I was just so tired from the shoot a while ago.” 

“It’s okay, don’t worry about it.” I said, turning my head to smile at her, in which she return immediately. 

 

A few minutes later, she took her cushion out, checking her reflection. 

“Oh God.” She exclaimed, making me turn my head to look at her. “Mwoya, oppa how can you not tell me I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter