Saturdate

Not Your Ordinary Man
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s finally Saturday, the day the couple has been waiting for. They got in the car, with Donghae opening the door for his girlfriend, before running towards the driver’s seat. 

“Are you ready?” He asks as he starts the car. 

“Of course!” She giggled, wearing her seatbelt. “Oppa, seatbelt please.” She reminded him as Donghae immediately wore them. 

 

The couple was about to leave when Donghae’s phone suddenly started ringing.  

“Go on.” Jang Mi smiled, ushering him to answer the call. 

“Yoboseyo?” Donghae answered, bitting his lower lip. 

“Oppa! Joohyun eonnie is in the emergency room! I’m so so sorry that I’m calling you—“

“M-mwo?! What happened?! Where are you guys?!” Donghae cut her off. 

“In Kangbuk Samsung Hospital.” 

“I’ll be right there.” Donghae ended the call and hurriedly started driving. 

 

“Who’s that?” Jang Mi asked, flustered with his boyfriend’s action. 

“.” He cursed, realizing that Jang Mi is in the car with him. “That was Sooyoung, my old friend. She called because our close friend was sent to the emergency.” 

“Oh... Okay.” She nodded. “We’re going there?” 

“Jagi, I’m so sorry! I’ll just send you to the lobby.” 

“No, it’s okay! I’ll meet your friends.” She smiled, reassuring him. 

“Okay.” He nodded before driving out of the parking. 

“Jagi, it’s going to be okay.” She held his hand, as she can see how nervous Donghae is. “Don’t panic.” 

“Thank you.” He gave her a small smile. 

 

They got in the hospital in less than 15 minutes mainly because Donghae drove as fast he could, duly because of the rush of emotions. 

Jang Mi, on the other hand, tries to ponder about what’s going on, as she suddenly feels uneasy about this whole thing. She quietly walked behind Donghae, that panic and worry is written all over her boyfriend’s face as he asks the nurse for the name  ‘Bae Joohyun’.”

The nurse told him that the patient was transferred into a private room in the eighteenth floor, therefore we immediately walked over the elevator. He impatiently tapped his feet as we wait for the ride, as Jang Mi’s hand finally found his, trying her best to calm him down. 

“It’s going to be okay.” She told him, as he gave her a small smile. 

“I hope so too. Thank you for coming with me.” 

 

 

Donghae knocked first before coming in, with the two women giving looks to each other, obviously astonished with his appearance. 

“Oppa...” Joohyun uttered obviously shocked, before turning her head to where Sooyoung is. 

“Eonnie I was the one who called him... I was panicking!” Sooyoung came clean. 

“H-hi.” Donghae gave the both of them a small smile. “How are you feeling?” He continues to ask as he stand next to Joohyun’s bed, with Jang Mi behind him. 

“I feel better now.” Joohyun smiled at him before  playing with her blanket. 

“What happened?” He asked. 

“She lost consciousness and fell off the stairs.” Sooyoung answered for her. 

“M-mwo?! Wh-why?!” Donghae asked Sooyoung, but immediately turning his head to look at Joohyun. 

“Well... You know.” Joohyun gave him a fainted smile, still not looking at him. “Anemic and over-fatigue.” 

“You know that you should take care of your health first right?” Donghae said with a worry. 

“I know, I’m sorry.” Joohyun replied as Sooyoung cleared . 

“You haven’t introduced us to your friend yet.” Sooyoung changed the topic, glancing over Jang Mi. 

“Oh.” Donghae cleared his throat, immediately holding her hand as he pulled Jang Mi beside her. “This is my girlfriend, Bang Jang Mi. "Jagi these are my friends, Joohyun and Sooyounggie.” 

“Annyeonghaseyo.” They all bowed at each other, with Jang Mi bowing at the both of them and giving them her best smile. 

“Bang Jang Mi imnida.” She smiled. “I’m sorry we didn’t bring you anything, we were in a hurry.” She gave Joohyun an apologetical smile. 

“A-aniyeyo!” Joohyun waved her hands. “It’s okay, you don’t really have to.” 

“But still, I should’ve brought something. Actually, I saw a supermarket downstairs...” she trailed. “I should buy you some fruits so that you guys can catch up as well.” 

“W-what?!” Donghae asked.

“You guys can’t talk comfortably if I’m here!” She chuckled. “I’ll be right back, okay?” She pulled her hand back, before giving the two women a bow. 

“B-but...” Donghae tries to stop her but Jang Mi just winked at him before waving and smiling at Joohyun and Sooyoung. 

“I’ll be back in a while!” She waved as the two ladies smiled and wave back at her, with Jang Mi finally leaving the room. 

 

Donghae just stared at the door, bitting his lower lip as Jang Mi left the room. He let out a small sigh before turning his gaze back to Joohyun, who’s looking at him. He cleared out his throat before giving her a small smile. 

“What do you guys think of her?” 

“Well she looks nice!” Sooyoung replied. 

“She is.” 

“You guys look so cute together.” Joohyun added, giving him a smile. 

“Th-thanks.” He replied with a smile before looking back at the door. 

“So how long have you guys been dating?” Joohyun continues to ask. 

“5 months.” 

“Oh... It’s not that long...” Sooyoung commented as Donghae gave her a smile. 

“Yeah, but it seems like we’ve been dating for a long time.” He replied, looking at the door once again. 

“You know what, just follow her.” Sooyoung said with a small laugh. Donghae looked over to her and Joohyun, and when they both gave him a smile, he immediately made his way out of the room, but not before giving them his apologetical look.

“Mwoya, he really followed her?” Sooyoung said, more of a comment. 

“I guess.” Joohyun gave her a small smile, looking over the door. 

“I guess people really changes, huh?” Sooyoung replied. 

 

 

 

DONGHAE’S POV

I hurriedly went to the elevator, turning at the corner just to see Jang Mi talking and smiling at a man on the wheelchair. I stopped a bit to eavesdrop at their conversation.

“It’s okay, I can help you.” I heard her say as she gave him a smile, before helping him and pushing the wheelchair for him. 

“You don’t really have to.” The guy let out a shy smile, bitting his lower lip. 

“Jang Mi!” My lips called out before I could even think. I hurriedly walked towards them, but then I don’t think neither of them heard me as she continued wheeling him to the elevator. “Jang Mi!” I called out once again, finally making it to the elevator doors before it closes. 

“Oh?!” She exclaimed, obviously surprised to see me. I just got in, giving the guy a short glance before standing beside her.

“What floor?” The guy asks as he is near the elevator button. 

“Ground please.” I cleared my throat before answering. 

“What happened?” Jang Mi asks. 

“Nothing.” I shook my head, giving her a small smile. She playfully furrowed her eyebrows, before letting out a giggle and finally making me smile. 

“I’m just wheeling him to where he’s going.” She mouthed as I nodded. Did I look like I was jealous or something? 

“I know.” I gave her a nod as we finally reached 5th floor, where I guess the guy is supposed to go.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter