Past

Not Your Ordinary Man
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hey, are you okay?” Siwon asked Jang Mi, who’s been coughing the entire time. 

“Yeah.” She replied with tears in her eyes. 

“Are you sure? You should have taken the day off if you’re not feeling well.” He said, placing the back of his hand on her forehead. 

“It’s just cough and cold you know. I’m an adult!” She chuckled, pinching his cheek. “Oops! Sorry!” She cover , wiping his face using the wipes on her table. 

“Mwoya?!” Siwon raised a brow. 

“Virus!” She replied shortly, covering . 

“You can wear a mask you know.” 

“I know, it’s just hard to breathe.” She sighed, taking out one mask. 

“You know what, you should just go home and rest. We’ll be having a 2-day outdoor shoot you know?” 

“2 days?! I thought it’s just for tomorrow?!” She asked, surprised. 

“Yeah. In Sung hyung told me awhile ago to shoot for another day to maximize the payment.” 

“Oh.” She nodded. “Arasseo, I’ll go home after lunch. Where’s In Sung oppa?” 

“In his office.” 

 

 

~

“Yoboseyo?” Jang Mi answered. 

“Jagi! Sorry for not answering your messages, I was—“ 

“Jagi, I know you’re working. Besides, I only sent one message!” She chuckled, cutting him off. 

“I know.” He chuckled. “Anyways dinner? Are you done with work?” 

“Yeah... I was asked to go home after lunch.” 

“A-are you okay?! Are you feeling worse?!” He panicked. 

“Jagi, I’m fine. Siwon Oppa just wants me to rest since we’ll have an outdoor shoot tomorrow.” 

“Ah geure? What do you want for dinner then? I’ll just buy something.” 

“I’m craving for something spicy... and something with soup?” 

“Spicy? Won’t that worsen your cold?” 

“Ania~ It’ll be better!” She chuckled. 

“Arasseo, I’ll be there in 30!” 

“Eung~ 조심해 가~”

 

~

“Jagiya?! I’m here!” Donghae called out, placing the yukaejang and tteokbokki he bought. 

“In a minute~” she yelled, brushing her hair as she got out of the shower. “Hi!” She smiled, walking over and hugging her boyfriend. 

Donghae giggled, kissing her hair. 

“Missed me?” 

“Yeah.” She nodded, smiling. “How about me?” 

“I missed you too.” He tucked her hair behind her ear. “And I missed kissing your lips too.” He pouted. 

“You know you can’t!” She pulled back, hitting his chest a little. “Maybe next week?” She smiled as she scrutinize the food he bought. “Yey yukaejang!” She smiled. 

“I’m glad you like it! Let’s eat?” 

 

“So had a lot of classes today, huh?” She coughed a little while sipping the soup. 

“Oh no, I only had two. But one of my students asked me if I could explain the lesson.” 

“Heol. I bet it’s a girl!” She raised a brow. 

“How did you know?!” Donghae asked in shock. 

“I had a similar experience.” She shrugged. 

“Similar experience?” It was now Donghae’s turn to raise a brow. 

“Wow, this is really good! Where did you buy this?” Jang Mi asked, trying to divert the conversation while eating her yukaejang. 

“Similar experience?!” Donghae asked again, waiting for her answer. 

“Okay.” She sighed, placing her spoon down. “I would ask my college professor if he can explain the lesson again... You know, just lying about the lesson so that I can hangout with him alone.” She coughed. 

“Mwo?! You have a crush on your professor?!” 

“It’s just a happy crush!” She defended. “He was really funny and nice.” Jang Mi smiled, remembering her prof. “I bet she asked if she can treat you for a coffee or dinner in exchange for the private lesson.” She said, more of like a comment. 

“Why, is still part of your “similar experience”?” He quoted. “But yeah, she did.” 

“See?! She’s flirting with you a little bit.” She shook her head. 

“No, of course not!”

“Did she do this a lot?” She asked, tucking her hair behind her ear. Donghae just shrugged his shoulders, shaking his head. 

“I’m not sure.” 

“How about this...” she cleared . “Sonsaengnim, I’m really sorry, but I don’t get it.” She acted like the female student, bitting her lower lip and trying to act cute. 

“Jagi, I don’t really pay attention to that!” 

“I bet she blushes when you smile at her.” She rolled her eyes, shaking her head. 

“Jagi...” he warned. 

“Arasseo.” She sighed, eating some tteokbokki. “But you notice my little gestures! How come you didn’t notice hers?!” She insisted, coughing.

“That’s because I’m interested in you, not her.” He said out nonchalantly, taking Jang Mi aback. She bit her lower lip, preventing herself from smiling but then immediately failing to do so. “Mwoya you’re blushing!” Donghae chuckled. 

“Damn it. You just made my heart flutter!” She covered her face, smiling like an idiot. 

“Aigoo~” he cooed, standing up and opening his arms. “Come here~” he walked over to Jang Mi as she immediately stood up and wrap her arms around his waist. “I can’t believe you’re the jealous type!” He chuckled, hugging her tighter. 

“I’m not!” She pulled back to look at him. “I’m just... You know... Since I have the similar experience, I do know how professors can fall in love with their students too!” 

“Ya, did you date your professor?!”

“Ani! He has a wife.” 

“YA!” He hit my shoulder. 

“Appo!” I whined, glaring at him. 

“Sorry.” He smiled, leaning in and kissing her shoulder. “But you said professors can fall in love with their students too!” He repeated what she said. “I thought you guys dated.” 

“Of course not. I was just pertaining about you! If you smile... Aigoo...” she cupped his cheeks, leaning in and kissing his nose but immediately wiping it afterwards. 

“If I smile, then what?” He asked, smiling. 

“If you smile, it’s like my legs will just swing wide open.” She talked dirtily, making him chuckle. “Oops!” She covered , chuckling. “Sorry for talking dirty.” 

“Mwoya?!” He chuckled. “I told you, we can still talk about those stuff!” 

“So ‘ya like it huh?!” She teased making him chuckle. 

“Come on, just finish your food.” 

 

“Geunde, don’t your students know you’re dating?” Jang Mi started asking again. 

“I’m not sure... Maybe not? We don’t really talk about personal stuff.” 

“Aigoo... So you’re the boring professor?” She shook her head. 

“Mwo?!” 

“Hey, you know it’s fun when you talk about personal stuff!” She insisted. 

“No one asked me, you know? How can I just tell them?!” 

“How about post a photo of us online so that they’ll know?!” 

“Let’s take a photo now?” 

“What?! No! I can’t look like this!” She furrowed her eyebrows. “They might think, ‘sonsaengnim’s girlfriend isn’t really pretty.’” 

“Stop making up scenarios, will you?” He chuckled. 

“How about the photo for the watch ad we shot?!” She said out excitedly, taking her phone out to search for the photos. 

“Andwae! They can’t know that I modeled for that!” 

“Why not?!” 

“I just wanna be lowkey.” 

“Ahh... But we don’t really have photos together.” She sighed. 

“I know, we should take a lot next time.” 

“Wait, we did take one after that shoot!” 

“But I still had make up on that photo!” Donghae reasoned out, taking his phone out and looking for the photos. “We looked great though?” He smiled upon finally seeing the photos. 

“Geure?” She commented, eating her yukaejang. “How did you find the photos so fast?! You don’t take a lot of photos?” 

“Ani, it was in my favorites.” 

“You’re helpless.” She shook her head while smiling. Donghae just stuck his tongue out, keeping his phone back in his pocket and eating his food. 

 

“So why didn’t you date in middle school?”

“갑자기?!” She giggled, coughing a little bit as Donghae just nodded. “Well, I had this pact with my friend when we were in elementary not to date while studying.” 

“You really did it?!” He asked in shock. 

“I keep my words you know!” She chuckled. "I'm a woman of my words." she coughed. 

“So you never liked anyone just because of the pact?!” 

“I’m not a stone, of course I did!” She chuckled. “He rejected me though.”

“Mwo?!” 

“What?!” She raised a brow. 

“He rejected you?” 

“Eung.” She nodded innocently. “Well, obviously I’m not his type.” She sighed. “But it’s okay. I heard he’s gay now though, so I guess that’s why?” She gave him a sheepish smile. 

“I can’t imagine guys rejecting you.” He shook his head. “That’s stupid.” 

“Is it though?” She asked, nar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter