An Angel

Not Your Ordinary Man
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"So... Were you back together or something?" Donghae asked, finally sitting on the couch beside her. 

"No!" Jang Mi waved her hands, turning her upper torso to look at Donghae. "No, of course not." 

"Oh..." Donghae just nodded, not very convinced. 

"Oppa I should go..." Jang Mi stood up. "Thank you for the breakfast." She forced a smiled before leaving Donghae's apartment. 



~
"Oppa?" Jang Mi forced a smile, slightly opening the door. 

"I brought the side dishes my mom wanted to give you." Donghae smiled, raising the paper bag he brought. 

"Alright." Jang Mi opened the door so that Donghae could come in. 



Jang Mi is wearing a track pants and a hoodie, her hair raised up in a bun. She's also wearing a glasses to cover up her swollen eyes. 

"Just place it here oppa." Jang Mi smiled, getting the paper bag from Donghae. "How thoughtful of your Eomma. I haven't really met her yet." She said, taking out the side dishes one by one. And when Donghae did not reply, she turned her head to look at him. 

Donghae took a step so that he's just a step away from Jang Mi. 



"You cried." Donghae said, removing her glasses. Donghae is obviously surprised at how swollen Jang Mi's eyes were. It's 8 in the evening and it looked like Jang Mi has been crying ever since she left his apartment. 

"Ahh... Well this is..." Jang Mi turn her gaze away from him. "I just watched a drama. It's Okay, That's Love, you know that? I just got carried away that's all." She faked a chuckle. 

"Come here." Donghae said as he pulled her for an embrace. "You can tell me when you're ready. I'll be your shoulder to cry on." He said soothingly, making Jang Mi wrap her arms around him as she rest her head on his chest. 

"Thank you." 

"What are friends for, right?" He chuckled, brushing her back. "You should eat. I doubt you even ate your lunch." Donghae said, pulling her back and smiling at her. "Eomma is really good at cooking. You should taste it." 

"I feel embarrassed receiving such gift even though I haven't met her. Maybe I should go and visit your mom during holidays?" 

"Yeah maybe we should." He smiled. "I told her about how beautiful my new neighbor and friend is that's why she told me to give these side dishes to her." He winked, making her chuckle. 

"Aigoo. I can't wait to meet her! I bet she's beautiful." 

"Yeah she is." Donghae smiled. 



~
"Can I ask you something? You know, as a friend?" Donghae added as Jang Mi gave him a nod, placing her chopsticks at the sides. 

"Just ask." She chuckled. 

"Did you..." He paused, finding the right words to say. "Perhaps cry because of your ex?" He asked carefully. 

"Ahh about that..." I let out a small smile. "I don' really know." 

"I understand." Donghae nodded, playing with his food. 

"Oppa, it's not that I don't want to tell you, alright? It's just that I'm not certainly sure about it." She sighed. "I just found myself crying because of last night. Probably because of how I acted... Or probably because of..." She paused, bitting her lip. "Seeing him and hearing his voice again." 

"You still love him?" 

"Oppa, it's barely two months." She forced a chuckle. "I just can't let the feelings go especially because he's my first." She answered, her eyes fixed on her bowl. 

"So it's okay for you to go back together if he asked to?" 

"Huh?" She asked, now turning her gaze to Donghae. "Oppa, that's not making any sense. He left me, remember?" 

"And what if he really want you back?" 

"That can't be." 

"But if he did?" Donghae insisted. "Are you going to take him back?" 

"Oppa please..." She pleaded as tears are starting to form in her eyes. 

"So you will." Donghae forced a small smile. "Jang Mi," he called, pulling his chair towards her and cupping her face. "Let me remind you how beautiful you are, inside and out. There are tons of guys out there who will truly love and respect you. You don't need a boy like him who will go back to you when his other toys are old and broken." He said as Jang Mi silently sobbed. "Just look at you, you have swollen eyes, runny nose!" 

"Oops." Jang Mi pulled back, getting a tissue from the table and placing it into her philtrum, pressing her nose and breathing through . "You could've told me you know." She whined that made Donghae chuckle. 

"As I was saying, I don't like seeing you like this because of a jerk. He's not worth it Jang Mi." 

"I know." She bowed, a smile forming on her lips. "I would be a complete idiot if I take him back, right?" 

"Eung." Donghae nodded, brushing the tears off her face. 

"Can I hug you?" Jang Mi sniffed. 

"You don't have to ask though." Donghae chuckled as he spread his arms and pulled her in for a warm hug. "I'll treat you coffee." 

"You know, you'll spoil me if you keep doing this." She said, burying her face on his chest. 
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter