Bet

Not Your Ordinary Man
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

They arrived at an arcade place in Itaewon. 

After exchanging their bills into coins, Jang Mi suddenly thought of an idea. 

“Oppa, are you competitive?” 

“No, not really. Wae?” 

“Geure? I’m very competitive.” She giggled. “Do you wanna make a bet?” 

“Bet? Why?” He chuckled. 

“Geunyang. To make it more fun. Do you want something from me?” 

“That hanbok photo!” He replied, almost suddenly, therefore taking Jang Mi by surprise. “The first time you were casted.” 

“You're very curious about it huh?” She chuckled. “Arasseo.” 

“넌?” 

“나는...” she thought for a while before giving him a bashful smile. “I want you to set me up with Heechul Oppa and give me his number!” 

“뭐?!” He asked in shock. “오빠?!” 

“Wae?! You call him ‘hyung’, of course he’s my oppa!” She argued. 

“Why do you want me to set you up with him?!” 

“Ani geunyang... I told you I want to be his friend! Of course getting his number is the first step.” She beamed. 

“Shiro!” He said before turning and walking away.

“Oppa!” She called, walking up to him and clinging her arms unto his. “Then just his number! I don’t even know if ever I’ll to talk to him you know.” 

“Shiro!” He repeated, obviously annoyed. 

“I’ll give you 3 baby pictures on top of that hanbok photo!” She said and then Donghae stopped walking, tempted with the offer. 

“Give? As in you’ll give me those pictures?” 

“Yes.” She nodded confidently. 

“Do you want it so much for you to offer your baby photos?” He raised a brow.

“Well it’s not like I stare at my baby photos all the time.” She shrugged. “Plus, Oppa, I need your friends’ numbers! You know, in case there’s an emergency.” 

“What emergency?” He raised a brow. 

“I don’t know... Maybe you got drunk, or maybe I can’t contact you. Of course I’ll call your friends first!” 

“Does that mean you’ll also give me your friends’ numbers?” He asked, getting convinced. 

“Yeah, of course! But I’ll give them to you once you’ve met them.” 

"I don't know..." He shook his head.

“Oppa, just think of it like this... If you win, you get my photos! If I win, it’s not really a prize since eventually, you’ll give me their numbers.” 

“Do you really want his number that much?" He raised a brow, making her giggle. “Let’s see if you win.” He said, walking ahead of her. 

“Oppa!” She whined, hitting his back. 

 

They started playing basketball because Donghae chose this game which he’s good at. 

“Do you wanna go first?” Donghae asked into which she nodded. 

“I feel like I’m going to be more nervous if I play later.” She giggled while inserting the coins. “Oppa, please root for me!” She said while waiting for the game to start. 

“Shiro!” He teased, chuckling while taking his phone out and taking a video of his girlfriend. 

“Are you ready?!” The machine said as the balls were released. 

Jang Mi started shooting the balls, but they won’t go in. 

“Ayssi, why is this difficult?!” She complained and just then, she started shooting consecutively. 

“Mwoya, what happened?” Donghae uttered to himself. And then Jang Mi started missing the hoop again, making him chuckle. “자기야, 힘내!” 

“Ayssi!” 

 

It was the third round and Jang Mi already have 86 points, but she was already getting tired from shooting. 

“Ahh I’m getting tired!” She yelled, making the lad chuckle as she continues to take video of her. 

“Then stop playing!” Donghae chuckled, trying to distract her by poking her sides. 

“Hajima!” She complained. 

3, 2, 1. Times up and Jang Mi got 94 points. 

“Ah... 너무 힘들어!” She complained and Donghae just brushed her back, taking a step and giving her hair a short peck. 

“잘했어.” 

“Please don’t do well.” She gave him a pout, making him chuckle. 

“Are you using your aegyo on me to win?” He chuckled, pinching her cheek a little. “I have to win you know.” He leaned in and gave her lips a small peck before inserting coins and starting the game. 

“Are you really good at this?” Jang Mi asked while waiting. 

“I think so?” He replied as the game asked if he’s ready. “I want your pictures though.” 

“Ayssi. I should’ve asked for your graduation pictures instead.” She sighed as the game finally started. 

Donghae kept on missing the hoop, making his girlfriend hopeful. 

“Oppa, I thought you’re good with this?” She giggled, taking her phone out and taking a video of him. 

“Why won’t it go in?!” Donghae complained, making the woman chuckle, and then suddenly, he kept on scoring. 

“Andwae!” Jang Mi screamed and now, Donghae’s face is brightening up. 

“I’m gonna get that photos!” He screamed as he continued scoring. 

It was just the second round that he already have 78 points, making Jang Mi complain. 

“Andwaeeeee!” She hugged him from the back, taking Donghae aback so he stopped shooting for a while, turning his head and looking at her. “Oppa andwaeeee!!!” 

“You’re cheating!” He chuckled, trying to remove her arms as the last round started. 

Donghae got ready for shooting and after a few more score, he finally surpassed his girlfriend’s points. 

“Assa!” He chuckled as he finished the game. 

“오빠 너무해!” Jang Mi complained, hitting his arm. 

“Mwoya? It’s a game!” He chuckled, opening his arms and pulling his girlfriend for a hug. “Let’s play your game?” He asked, giving her a cute smile. 

“I’m gonna crush you.” 

“You still look cute with even you’re trash talking me.” He chuckled, getting her hand as they made their way to the video games. 

They went on to play a video game that Jang Mi chose— Tekken. 

“Are you good with this?” Donghae asked as they insert coins. 

“Honestly, I’m just so-so.” She titled her head from left to right. “But you said you’re only good with basketball, I’m assuming I can win this.” she said, giving him a grin. 

“Let’s see!” 

 

It was the second round when Donghae’s characters died, not even giving Jang Mi some challenge. 

“Oppa, are you doing this on purpose?!” She raised a brow. 

“What?! No! I think I was just warming up my fingers.” 

“Geure? Then let’s do it again.” 

“But you already won!” 

“Oppa, do you think I felt like winning with that?! Do it properly!” She complained while putting on coins. 

“Okay then. This is the real game, alright?” He said as they chooses their characters. 

“Let’s do tag, alright?” 

“Okay.” Donghae nodded as the game started. 

 

“You .” She chuckled upon winning the first round. 

“Ya, you said you aren’t that great?!” He complained that made her giggle. 

“I’m not! You just , babe.” She giggled as the second round started. 

 

“Ayssi, let’s play again!” He complained upon losing the second time. 

“Oppa, I already won. I don’t think playing once more will improve your skills.” 

“Geuge anira, I just wanna play.”

“Geure? Then do you want me to teach you techniques?” 

“Ani, I can do this.” 

 

They played for the nth time, with Donghae losing every single round. 

“오빠, 그만하자!” She chuckled. “We still have one more game, what’s wrong with you?!” 

“Ania, let’s play one more round.” He shook his head, inserting coin on his and her machine. 

“Aigoo...” she shook her head as they started playing. 

 

“ASSA!!!” Donghae jumped upon winning. “I won!!!” He chuckled, turning his head to his girlfriend, who’s just smiling at him. 

“Yes you did.” 

“What’s with that reaction? Did you not play properly?!” 

“I did! But my fingers were getting tired.” She complained. “Let’s just play the last game to determine the winner.” 

“Mwoya! Play it properly!” He nudged her. “Let’s do it one more time.” 

“Oppa!” 

“Promise, this will be the last.” 

“That’s the last 2 coins that you have, right?” 

“Eung. I’ll just exchange more after this.” He said while inserting coin and starting the game. 

“I think you’re more competitive than me.” She chuckled while concentrating on the game. 

 

And just like what expected, Donghae lost once again, making her laugh. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter