Compromise

Not Your Ordinary Man
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Donghae’s alarm went on, with Jang Mi snuggling unto his chest even more. Donghae rubbed her back, letting out a small chuckle as he pecked her hair. 

“Did I snore?” She asked out sleepily, not even bothering to greet her boyfriend a good morning. 

“No, you didn’t.” He chuckled as Jang Mi looked up from his chest, trying to open her eyes a little. 

“Really?” She asked, shutting her eyes again as she felt her eyes sting a bit. 

“Just a little bit. It was cute though.” He chuckled. 

“Oh noooooo.” She whined, muffling her words unto Donghae’s chest, therefore making him chuckle. 

“Don’t worry baby, I won’t break up with you.” He laughed. “You better get ready now.” 

“Ugh.” She groaned, embarrassed. “How about you though?” 

“I’ll come back after taking a shower.” 

“Or we can just meet at the parking?” 

“I bet I can get ready faster than you.” 

“Are you challenging me?!” She pulled back up, smiling and leaning until their noses touch. 

“Good morning~” He greeted, leaning in and closing the gap between their lips. 

“Morning~” She greeted in between kisses, finally pulling back after a short while. 

 

 

 

~

Donghae ordered café latte and french toast for Jang Mi, and americano plus bagel for him. 

“Have I told you you looked handsome today?” She asked as Donghae places their orders on the table. 

“Mwoya...” he let out a shy smile before returning the tray and sitting across her. Jang Mi keeps on smiling at Donghae, therefore making him conscious. “What are you doing? You have to eat!” He playfully poked her nose, making her chuckle. 

“I’m just glad we could spend this morning together.” She smiled before taking a sip of her coffee. “Oh my gosh, love!” She expressed, making her boyfriend smile. 

“You do remember our Saturdate, right?” Donghae asked her. 

“Of course!” She laughed, slicing and feeding her boyfriend some toast. “How can I forget?” She furrowed her eyebrows, teasing him a bit. “Hey how about your last weekend? You spent it with your friends, right?” 

“Yeah.” He nodded, eating and slicing his bagel. 

“How was it?” 

“Just normal... You know, dinner.” He cleared his throat. 

“Really? You did not go to a strip club?!”

“Mwo??” He choked, hitting his chest as he drinks his coffee. 

“What? You didn’t?!” Jang Mi tilted her head to the side, seeing his reaction. 

“Of course not! We just went to a club.” 

“Ohhh...” She nodded eating her toast. 

“Y-y-you’re okay with this?” 

“Yeah.” She nodded, nonchalantly. “It’s not like you went there to pick up girls, right?” 

“Of course not! You know I’m faithful, right?” He asked, reaching for his girlfriend’s hand. 

“Of course!” She laughed, scrunching her nose. “Don’t panic, Jagi.” She added, with him nodding. “Why are you so anxious?!” She chuckled, leaning in to press his cheek a little. 

“N-n-nothing.” He shook his head, diverting his gaze away from her. 

“You’re not telling me something.” Jang Mi raised a brow. 

“I promise, I did not do anything!” He waved his hands frantically. 

“You did not do anything...” she repeated. “I guess the someone else did! Some flirted with you, huh?” She asked, but instead of answering, Donghae just drinks his coffee, still not looking at her. “Who’s the ? Is she still asking you out?” 

“NO!” He answered immediately. “Definitely not.” 

“Did you tell her you’re dating?” 

“I did!!! Couple of times!” 

“So what happened? Did she grind on you?” 

“A-a little bit.” He bit his lower lip. She dropped her utensils rather harshly, making the lad gulp hard. “Jagi, I promise not to go to clubs anymore.” 

“What did she say when you told her you’re dating?” 

“She said it’s okay.” He sighed. 

“Flirt.” She shook her head, rolling her eyes. ”Maybe you should wear a ring or something.” 

“A-a ring?!” Donghae asked in shock. 

“Oh no, some girls even prefer daddies.” She said, almost to herself. “I can’t stop you from going to bars either.” She sighed. 

“You can!” 

“I can’t!” 

“You can! Just tell me, then I won’t go!” 

“I’m not going to stifle you from doing what you want.” 

“But you can give a suggestion.” 

“Yeah, but I won’t.” 

“Why not? I’m telling you, you can stop me from going to clubs.” 

“I won’t, ‘coz it’s your life! Us being together doesn’t mean you have to do everything I said. You still have your own opinion you know.” 

“Why are you being like this? Are you perhaps going to bar this week?” 

“Whaaaatttt?” She asked, drinking her coffee. 

“Who are you going with?” 

“Hye Jin, one of my model friends. She just got back from New York and wanted to party. It’s just us girls, so I don’t think there will be a problem.” She explained almost too perfectly, making the guy scoff. 

“That’s why you were okay with me partying?” 

“Whaaattt? That was a different case, Jagi.” She gave him a smile. 

“What will happen if someone tries to flirt with you?” 

“I bet there’s none. I’m going to be with my model friends, remember?” 

“Jagi, have you seen yourself in a mirror? Who wouldn’t want to hit on you?” He asked, making the woman feel giddy as she bites her inner cheeks to stop herself from smiling too much. 

“Caught you off guard?” He chuckled. 

“Yeah.” She finally let out a smile, covering her face. “Anyways, I promise to take care of myself and to push off all the boys.” 

“Can you also promise to call me when you’re done? I’ll fetch you.” 

“Alright.” She nodded, slicing and feeding her boyfriend some on her toast. 

“You should eat for yourself you know.” Donghae fed her as well, both of them smiling at each other. 

 

 

“Oppa, I need to go.” Jang Mi said after checking her phone’s time. “I can just walk from here so you can go home now.”

“Ania, I’ll take you.” 

“Oppa, it’s just 10-minute walk from here!” She chuckled, finishing her toast. 

“Exactly. Maybe I can walk you there?” 

“Aigoo. Someone do misses me a lot, doesn’t he?”  

“He does.” He chuckled, nodding while standing up and getting his coffee. 

 

The couple walked in hand in hand, a smile painted on their lips. 

“Jagi ya...” Donghae called. 

“Yeah?” 

“I don’t mean this in a bad way, but aren’t you working too hard? I mean you barely rest!” 

“You’re right.” She gave him a small smile. “But I love my job! Besides, I have the day off tomorrow.” 

“Jinjja?!” 

“Eung.” 

“D-do you have plans?!” Donghae stuttered in excitement. 

“If my boyfriend’s going to ask me out, then yes. If not, I just really planned to sleep and clean.” She replied, making the lad chuckle. 

“Should I take the time off too?!” He said, almost to himself. 

“Don’t!” Jang Mi furrowed her eyebrows. “I mean just go to work and then maybe we can have dinner at night.” She smiled, leaning in to kiss her boyfriend’s cheek. “I... I mean if you want to.” 

“Of course I want to!” He chuckled, giving her temples multiple kisses. “But you’re right, you should rest. I’ll pick you up?” 

“Sure. Or we can just meet there.” 

“I’ll pick you up.” He replied, in a more certain voice. 

“Alright.” 

“Alright.” He mimicked her, making the woman giggle. 

“Mwoya~” she hit his chest, making him chuckle. 

“How about tonight? What time is the shoot going to finish?” 

“I’m not sure... But you don’t have to fetch me!” 

“But I want to!” 

“Oppa, like I told you, this is a very important shoot! It can go until midnight!” 

“Still, it should end sometime.” 

“Yes, but I want you to rest. You’ve done enough for me today.” She replied as they arrived at her office. 

“I would really worry if it ended late and I don’t know how you’ll get home.” 

“I promise to call you.” She smiled, caressing his cheek. “Or I’ll text you first and if you’re awake, I’ll call you.” 

“Just call me, please?” 

“Arasseo.” She smiled, leaning in to peck her boyfriend’s lips. “Thank you, especially for this morning.” 

“You’re very welcome.” He smiled. “And we have...” he paused to check his phone’s time. “3 minutes to spare! Look at that!” He chuckled. 

“We walked a little fast.” 

“Did we? I was trying to walk slower.” He said that made her chuckle. 

“Aigoo.” She pulled him for a hug, wrapping her arms around his waist. “I’m sorry that you always have to adjust with me.” 

“Please don’t. I’m willingly doing this, you know.” He replied, burying his face on the crooked of her neck. 

“Really?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter