Sleepovers

How They Want Me To Be

Kyungsoo finds himself on Chanyeol's familiar couch, although it feels strange to have such a group of people along with him. Normally he'd sit on Chanyeol's plush couch and complain about anything that annoyed him, but today he's surrounded by Jongin and Baekhyun, Chanyeol far away on the end of the couch. 

He guesses it's to comfort him after the (rather dramatic) falling out with his father earlier that day. Kyungsoo isn't sure if it's because he really is being hit by the realizations of being practically disowned or if it's the group of warm bodies and faint laugher around him, but something makes him cry as he sits on the couch. He does is discreetly, he hopes, and acts like he's just watching the rerun of a drama playing on the television. 

Baekhyun is caught up in a small argument with Chanyeol, but Jongin notices and gives his hand a squeeze before his arm retreats back to hang awkwardly by Kyungsoo's side. Kyungsoo smiles softly because Jongin must still feel a little foreign to the idea of them being together, but he finds it endearing and leans towards his boyfriend-- husband?-- as he wipes away the tears quickly. 

"It's been so long since I've had more than one person over at a time. . ." Chanyeol laughs from one end of the couch, trying to lighten the mood. 

"Should we play games? I have monopoly-- wait, no I don't." Baekhyun sighs loudly, "I forgot this wasn't my apartment." 

"It's okay, I have monopoly." Chanyeol laughs and slaps Baekhyun's shoulder lightly. His boyfriend scoffs and hits him back, though it's twice as hard as the first smack. Chanyeol, not expecting retaliation, flies back and almost falls off the couch. Kyungsoo finds it in him to laugh a little at that, and he can feel Jongin shaking with giggles next to him. 

"Anyone up for a game of monopoly?" Baekhyun asks innocently, jumping up from the couch and over Chanyeol's flailing body. 

What started as a good idea to kill time until bed quickly turns ridiculous. Kyungsoo had always regarded Baekhyun as professional at work, and silly off of the clock. What he hadn't expected, though, was that he was extremely competitive and screamed everytime he had to pay a fine. 

"You can't buy that!" He screams at Jongin suddenly. Kyungsoo turns to watch Jongin's reaction and smiles to himself as Jongin widens his eyes comically. His mouth falls open and he gestures to the board, waving his arms around wildly. 

"Why? Why not? You're scared I'll buy all of it?" Jongin laughs as he hands Chanyeol, the appointed banker, the money. 

"But if you get Boardwalk then how I am I gonna get Park Place and have a monopoly?" Baekhyun huffs, crossing his arms. The dejected boy grabs his phone and scrolls through it, his face in a pout. 

"Then Jongin can just have those two and win." Kyungsoo says as he grabs the dice, enjoying the game. 

"You're only for him because you're together! He's plotting to overthrow this entire game!" A screaming Baekhyun interjects. Kyungsoo rolls his eyes and makes quick eye contact with Jongin, the taller boy smiling down at him so that his eyes crinkle. 

Before Kyungsoo can start to move his piece (the airplane), Chanyeol reaches over and flips the board. Kyungsoo screams suddenly, positive that he would've landed right on Atlantic Avenue, one of the last pieces of property needed to complete his monopoly on the yellow properties. 

"Why would you do that?" Kyungsoo screams, lunging for Chanyeol. The taller boy laughs and dodges, pointing at his boyfriend. 

"He texted me a minute ago telling me to do it!" Chanyeol screeches before he jumps over the couch and to the safety of the kitchen. "Baekhyun was too scared to lose!" 

"Baekhyun! You'd betray us like that?" Jongin's voice goes up a few octaves, cracking by the last syllable. His normally handsome face is twisted into a scandalized frown, and Kyungsoo almost thinks it's worth losing to see that level of distress on Jongin's face over monopoly. 

"I'll take responsibility, sorry!" Chanyeol butts in with a charming smile that's just so Chanyeol. "Why don't we try to get some sleep?" 

"Sleep? We don't need sleep!" Baekhyun scoffs as he starts to collect the scattered monopoly money from the floor. 

"Actually. . . Jongin has class tomorrow. . ." Kyungsoo speaks up, looking up to confirm with his boyfriend. Jongin nods slowly as if he's just now realized he has to go to school in the morning. The tan boy's eyes droop at the revelation and he stifles a yawn behind his hand. 

"Oh. So I guess some of us do need sleep." Baekhyun laughs sheepishly and gestures toward the couch behind him. "Jongin, go for it." 

"Babe, we're all kind of tired. It's literally only you who's so awake right now." Chanyeol points out. A look around the room at the exhausted faces confirm this for Baekyun and he smiles widely. 

Shrugging and softly taking Chanyeol's hand, Baekhyun stands up and starts to head towards the apartment owner's bedroom. 

"You guys can sleep on the couch or the floor or whatever you want. Feel comfortable, you know?" Chanyeol explains as he slowly gets up from the carpet and follows Baekhyun. 

"Goodnight," Kyungsoo says softly as the pair shut the bedroom door behind them. He sighs, exhausted, and turns to look at Jongin. 

The taller boy smiles down at him in a comforting way that makes Kyungsoo feel slightly better about the days events. Kyungsoo leans forward, resting his head on Jongin's shoulder and breathing out heavily. Jongin pats his head softly in response before pulling him up to make their way to the couch. 

It takes a little bit for them to get situated on the couch, even if it's big. Kyungsoo's chin kept finding a way to poke Jongin's shoulder uncomfortably, and although Jongin acted like it didn't bother him, the older boy knew the truth. After what must've been fifteen minutes, Kyungsoo and Jongin are settled, the shortest boy curled into his partner's side. 

"You think everything will be okay?" Kyungsoo asks quietly as his breathing evens out and Jongin's heartbeat slows to a calm pace.

As soon as the question leaves his mouth, Jongin's arm comes up to pat his back soothingly, which Kyungsoo welcomes. 

"It'll be okay. We have my parents," Jongin shakes his head ever so slightly, "even without my parents, we'd be okay. I'll make it okay." 

Kyungsoo thinks he must've blushed straight to his bones and nuzzles into Jongin's side instead of responding. 

"Goodnight," Jongin laughs out, his hand patting a steady rhythm on Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo falls asleep to the sound of Jongin's heartbeat telling him I'll make it okay I'll make it okay I'll make it okay.

--

The next morning is a confusing disaster (at least the first half of it). Kyungsoo wakes up alone on the couch to the sound of Chanyeol yelling. As soon as he realizes that Jongin is nowhere to be seen and that he might be the target of Chanyeol's booming voice, he stumbles off the couch and towards the source of the noise: the kitchen. 

"You didn't wake me up! I told you not to dismiss my alarm! Just snooze!" Chanyeol's voice is even deeper than usual because it's morning, and Kyungsoo feels bad for Baekhyun as he listens to the rant. 

Baekhyun, however, seems to not care. 

"Chanyeol. . . I hate to break it to you, honey, but. . . your job was given to you by your parents. They don't care if you're late by half an hour."

Kyungsoo almost laughs, until he realizes that before yesterday, he'd also been given all his jobs by his father. Instead, Kyungsoo sits down at the kitchen table and tries to avoid eye contact with the now livid Chanyeol. 

"Soo! Can you believe this? God, he comes in here, acts like he owns my apartment--" 

"Your parents own that, too, though. . ." Baekhyun snorts a little as he returns his focus to the food on the stove. 

"Baekhyun! Whatever, I'm getting ready." Chanyeol warns before stomping off like a child. 

"Baekhyun. . . that seemed serious. Is everything going to be okay?" Kyungsoo asks seriously, watching Baekhyun carelessly flip what Kyungsoo now recognizes as pancakes. 

"Oh, him?" Baekhyun laughs and puts his hand up like it's nothing. "He always does this if he doesn't wake up exactly at seven. It doesn't even phase me, he'll be over it in a minute." 

"Okay. . ." Kyungsoo nods, suddenly realizing that ever since they'd gotten together, he and Jongin hadn't had any arguments-- even small ones. 

"Jongin already went to school, I think. Something about early morning dance stuff." Baekhyun points out to fill the quiet of the kitchen. 

"Yeah, he has a lot of practices early. Too early." Kyungsoo shakes his head, hating the idea of Jongin overworking this early in the morning. 

Kyungsoo eats almost two pancakes and is feeling sufficiently full when Chanyeol comes back into the kitchen, fully dressed and looking more alive than when he had been yelling earlier. 

"Oh. Look who's decided to be a decent human being!" Baekhyun teases, handing a plate stacked with four pancakes to the tallest boy. Kyungsoo's stomach hurts just looking at the amount of syrup Chanyeol decides to put on it, and he decides to go back to sleep on the couch until Jongin's early morning dance classes were over. 

Three hours later, a gentle hand shakes him  awake him on the couch. Kyungsoo's greeted with chocolate brown eyes and a smile from Jongin, both improvements from how he'd first woken up earlier that morning. As Kyungsoo sits up he notices that Jongin's not in his workout clothes but instead is wearing a button up shirt and dress pants. 

"After practice I went and talked to my mom and dad. . ." Jongin explains as he takes a seat on the couch next to Kyungsoo. "They said they'd support us until we can support ourselves. We have our own apartment, and. . . they'll help to throw us an actual wedding." 

---------

 

its official im the worst author ever ;_; i take years to write a new chapter and it lol at least im on spring break so now i can hopefully write smth decent and !!! they live together and get to be independent college kids and yeah 

srry guys~~~ ily if ur still there to read my stuff!!

if u wanna friend me and chat/talk or fangirl together hmu lol i'll be on more often now and will hopefully be able to get closer to the ppl who read my (y) stories!! thanks everyone and ily!!!!!