Wake-Up Calls

How They Want Me To Be

The night is spent with Kyungsoo feeling as though he's floating in the clouds, Jongin's hands never leaving Kyungsoo's body for more than a second. Even though the youngest of the two has, repeatedly, failed in cooking attempts, he accompanies Kyungsoo into the kitchen to heat up left overs for a late night snack. Kyungsoo can't move more than a foot without Jongin's hand on his waist pulling him back. Normally the eldest would consider this a nuisance and shoo Jongin out of the kitchen, but after their mutual feelings have been discussed, Kyungsoo is okay with having his husband help out. 

It's only when they're eating dinner quietly in front of the TV (much to Kyungsoo's protest-- he read that it makes you eat more than you normally would) that Jongin brings up the earlier events again. 

"You know, technically, I'm still mad at you." Jongin points out between bites. 

Kyungsoo watches the younger shake his head as if he's deciding not to say something, and then he's back to devouring the leftover pasta again. 

"I shouldn't have tried to make you jealous," Kyungsoo acknowledges, although his pride does feel a little hurt. "It wasn't the best way of saying my feelings." 

Jongin laughs, high-pitched and real sounding, "Yeah, normally the best way to say your feelings is to actually say them." 

"You didn't say yours either! And you lied about why you kissed me. How was I supposed to say anything when you tell me the only reason you kissed me was because it'd 'been awhile'?" Kyungsoo grunts, turning away from the boy to focus on his food. 

"Well. . ." Jongin tries to speak with food in his mouth but fails and swallows before continuing, "That's because I had already kissed you, like, what twice? And you just got mad and ran away. I didn't think you really wanted to hear my feelings." 

"Oh." Kyungsoo feels guilty again for all the times he'd ran from Jongin. He panics for a minute, a sudden fear of Jongin remembering those times and leaving him. 

It's after a minute of Kyungsoo's calm being on the verge of breaking that Jongin speaks up. 

"It's okay, though. You kissed me first earlier so. . ." 

Kyungsoo flushes red at the thought of his initiating earlier that night. He knew he liked Jongin, Jongin liked him back, he was a fully grown adult. He shouldn't feel so blush-y over something as small as a kiss. 

Looking over at Jongin, Kyungsoo loves the way he looks even now. Sitting in the dark, hair ruffled and eyes dark with exhaustion, stray pasta sauce on the corner of his lip. He thinks he'd like Jongin even if his whole face was covered in pasta sauce and he hadn't slept in a week. That was a weird thought, he regrets less than a second later. 

"You look really tired." Kyungsoo says, referring to the dark circles under Jongin's normally bright eyes. 

"I'm a little sleepy. I don't want to sleep, though. I feel like you'll regret it all in the morning." Jongin blurts out. Even someone who didn't know Jongin or what his expressions meant could tell he was panicking internally over what he'd just said. 

Kyungsoo, on the other hand, is panicking in a completely different way. He can't believe Jongin was worried about that, even after Kyungsoo had kissed him first and practically promised to act like a real couple. 

"Uh- no, no, I won't regret it." Kyungsoo says as quickly as his brain can function to think of the words. 

"Really?" Jongin perks up, sitting up a little straighter on the couch. 

"I won't regret anything. I like you," Kyungsoo feels so embarrassed saying it, "I won't regret telling you I like you. And you better not regret telling me." 

"Of course!" Jongin smiles, smacking at the elder's shoulder jokingly. He smiles shyly before refocusing on his plate of food, a deep blush painting his cheeks. 

"Does anyone know about us being. . .fake?" Kyungsoo asks suddenly. Jongin tenses up, afraid that he wasn't supposed to let anyone know about it. He examines his husbands face, searching for any signs of anger under the curiosity, but he finds none and nods slowly. 

"Sehun." Jongin tells, watching as Kyungsoo's eyes widen. "It was after I first kissed your cheek. I needed guidance." 

Kyungsoo thinks of the embarrassing times that he'd seen Sehun in the last few months. Most of the time the blonde boy had known, and yet Kyungsoo had put on a show of acting like a devoted husband. (Although, Kyungsoo reasons, most of the times Sehun had seen him had been without Jongin present.)

"You never told me he knew," Kyungsoo points out in an accusatory tone. The smaller boy crosses his arms over his chest, glaring at Jongin in the dark. 

"You'd be weird around him if I told you. It's okay, it's not like it mattered, we're together now--" 

"I saw him in the neighborhood and everywhere and I acted so fake! And he knew!" Kyungsoo groans and sinks down into the couch. He's laying down and dying internally from the thought of how much fun Sehun must have had knowing the secret when he hears Jongin's giggles. 

"He understood, I mean he's in my business classes. . ." a snort escapes Jongin's mouth, "He knew why the companies did that, don't worry. He won't think any less of you--" 

"Don't talk, I'm dying currently." Kyungsoo covers his face with a couch pillow, trying desperately to block out thoughts of the past few months. 

Kyungsoo feels Jongin before he hears him, and feels almost crushed under the weight of Jongin sitting on his stomach. He braces himself when he feels the pillow being pulled off, preparing to try to not look like he's suffocating under his husband's weight. He can't believe Jongin even hurt this much-- the boy was as thin as a stick. 

"Sehun doesn't care. He knows you and he figured out I liked you, even after I told him." Jongin says sincerely. Kyungsoo finds it oddly touching to have Jongin saying such sweet things as he the life out the smaller of the two.  

"That's really sweet, but I'm dying. And you still didn't tell me, so. . ." Kyungsoo points out, pushing on Jongin's legs in a feeble attempt to break free from his prison under Jongin. 

Jongin moves to let Kyungsoo sit up, only for his actions to be repeated, Jongin now settling uncomfortably close to Kyungsoo. Well, uncomfortable for someone who wasn't currently infatuated with all things Jongin. 

"I'll tell you everything from now on. No secrets, okay?" Jongin suggests, sticking out his pinky finger. Kyungsoo stares at the childish gesture but sighs, content, and joins his pinky finger with Jongin's. 

"Hey, since there's no secrets, let me tell one right now," 

Kyungsoo looks at Jongin with his big eyes, waiting for Jongin to confess his secret. 

"What is it?" He asks, feeling the anxiety rise up at the thought of what he could be hiding from him. 

"I want to kiss you right now." 

Kyungsoo opens his mouth in shock before nodding and leaning in to kiss Jongin softly. Jongin smiles into it and wraps his arms around his husband, leaning the two back into the couch. Kyungsoo wants to laugh because although Jongin is laying on top of him again, this time he's trying his hardest to not put any weight onto him. He can feel Jongin holding himself up, rather well, Kyungsoo notes, and reaches out with nimble fingers to tickle at Jongin's sides. It works as he expected and Jongin tumbles onto him, laughing and breaking the kiss. 

They stay like that, slowy kissing on the couch for ten minutes before Jongin flps them over and lets Kyungsoo rest his head using his chest. They end up flipping through all the available channels before deciding on some action movie, though neither of them watch it and both are asleep within fifteen minutes. Kyungsoo sleeps curled up on Jongin's chest, and although Jongin doesn't think it's the most comfortable he's ever been, he's oddly okay with it. 

--

The morning would've been a great deal less stressful if the two had not woken up to a loud pounding on their front door. Kyungsoo looks down at Jongin for a split second, questioning with his eyes if he was expecting anyone. Jongin shrugs and winces, sore from the probably not medically sound sleeping position. 

Kyungsoo crawls off of Jongin slowly, padding over to the door, still groggy from sleep. 

"Kyungsoo!" The booming voice is heard the second the door opens, and Jongin's jolted awake immediately. Jongin walks slowly towards the door, taking in Chanyeol's panicked expression. 

"Why are you yelling at me? It's like nine in the morning--" 

"Okay, first of all, your breath smells disgusting." Chanyeol fakes throwing up, "And your dad called me saying that he's been trying to call you since like six. And then I called you and you didn't pick up so I came here." 

"What's going on that he has to call me since six this morning?" Kyungsoo asks angrily, rubbing his eyes with the hand that wasn't covering his, as Chanyeol put it, "disgusting" mouth. 

"He told me he hit enough stock to separate from the other company. If I'm using his words, he 'finally doesn't have to work with that old coot.' He called you because he thought you'd be ecstatic to hear the news-- you guys are getting divorced." 

Kyungsoo turns to face Jongin, feeling a sinking feeling in his heart. Jongin opens his mouth to talk but no words come out, leaving the awkward silence hanging in the air, Chanyeol staring between the two of them with worry etched into his features. 

 

 

 

 

ITS BEEN FOREVER im honestly so sorry ok let me explain school got really really busy and I got like two stomach bugs and yeah it wasn't a fun month

i feel rlly bad for not updating much less updating with this lame chapter but ://// bear with me hopefully the next chapter will be more interesting/plot thickening lmao ... ok i'm gonna go to bed it's almost 11 here and school :(( 
OK BYE GUYS THANKS FOR PUTTING UP WITH MY ABSENCE I RLLY WILL UPDATE LIKE WITHIN THE NEXT WEEK PROMISE OK 

comment/like/all that cool stuff!!!! catch u guys later^^