Rants

How They Want Me To Be

Kyngsoo is almost positive he's doing Chanyeol's plan of jealousy completely wrong. Besides the fact that Kyungsoo feels so uncomfortable with how close Kris is, he feels even worse with Jongin's glare focused on him. Instead of going back to the bedroom or kitchen, Jongin planted himself in the chair barely five feet away from the pair. He can tell without looking up that the younger boy hasn't taken his off eyes off of them, though he claims he wanted to watch TV. 

He thinks hard about Chanyeol's words. Make Jongin jealous, make him admit that he didn't kiss you on a whim, isn't that what you wanted? Kyungsoo isn't even sure what he wants. All he thinks he wants is him and Jongin watching kids shows and eating burnt eggs on a Saturday morning. The thought of things being normal and them being friendly sends a warm feeling through his chest, but it's soon distinguished with Kris' large hand snaking it's way onto Kyungsoo's thigh. 

He can't believe he listened to Chanyeol. That idiot was sure to give him terrible advice. Kyungsoo suddenly remembers that all throughout high-school Chanyeol only ever started relationships with the other person asking him out first. Of course he has no idea how to deal with someone who's probably not even interested-- if Kyungsoo was to take his word for it. 

He sends a weak smile back at Kris and shuffles imperceptibly away from the large man, pretending to be reaching for a binder. 

"So what are you guys even working on?" Jongin asks abruptly, almost harshly. Kyungsoo flushes because honestly, he's not sure. He's just been fumbling through paperwork for the past ten minutes and trying to make Jongin jealous. 

"Business," Kris answers back instantly, a satisfied smile on his face, "What's your job, again?" 

Jongin sits up a little straighter, obviously affronted at what Kris had pointed out. Kyungsoo felt a stab at his heart knowing that Jongin must be feeling terrible right now-- even though Kyungsoo was the one who said he should just focus on school. 

"I'm studying, actually." Jongin replies stiffly. 

"Ah, I remember college. How's it like being with a kid, Kyungsoo?" 

Kyungsoo looks up with wide eyes, not expecting to be pulled into their passive aggressive fighting. He watches Kris smile down at him and turns slightly to see the fear setting in Jongin's eyes. 

"He's not a kid, really. I mean, I'm just out of college so--" 

"But he's still younger. Isn't that weird? Shouldn't you be with someone who's older, more into what you're into-- like the business world, for example." 

He didn't like where this conversation was going-- especially since Kris still hadn't taken his hand off of Kyungsoo's thigh. Jongin moves slightly, as if he's going to stand up, but he decides against it. Kyungsoo watches him with a stare at Jongin glares at him. 

Oh god, oh god, it's not working. He's cursing Chanyeol in his mind-- it made Jongin hate him-- he can't believe he listened to that idiot of a friend. What did he think Chanyeol knew? He made his first move on Baekhyun by making out! Kyungsoo was way to old fashioned for Chanyeol's way of winning people over.  

"It's not weird. I mean, we feel the same age most of the time, so--" Kyungsoo's explanation is quickly cut off by Kris' laughter.

"But he is younger. I don't know. Personally, I like younger guys, but that's only because I'm more of a leader in a relationship." Kris pauses for a minute, before turning to look straight at Jongin. "Isn't it a little embarrassing to have a husband that's more successful than you and older?"

"Kris--" 

Jongin stands up and leaves the room before Kyungsoo can say anything. He sighs, feeling like a bigger fool than he made Chanyeol out to be. 

"I don't know what he's so mad about, it's just the facts--" 

"I'm feeling kind of sick, actually. You can leave now. I'll see you in the next meeting." Kyungsoo concludes. He ignores the sudden distress on Kris' features and stands to leave the room. 

"I'm serious." He points out when Kris still doesn't stand. "He's mad enough that if I wanted you out of this house, he'd be more than happy to you out." 

"Is that a threat?" Kris questions, laughing, although he does make a move to stand up. 

Kyungsoo ignores the question and waits until Kris finally sighs and leaves. Once the door has shut behind him he turns to find where Jongin could've gone. 

Not the bedroom, he concludes almost immediately. Not even the kitchen, dining room, or bathroom. By now Kyungsoo is getting a little scared. Those are the only places Jongin had ever really gone in the house. He can't remember ever seeing Jongin even heading in the opposite direction of where their necessities were. 

"Jongin?" He asks warily. The only other time he'd seen Jongin look at someone with such hate was when he attacked his coworker. He was actually proud of Jongin for not hurting him like last time, although he soon remembers that the only reason Jongin was that annoyed was because of him. 

No response, and it feels empty because his voice echoes off the walls. He suddenly feels as if he's back at home with just him and his father. The house was always too cold, too clean, too quiet. Jongin hated the cold and made a point to buy blankets for every room. Jongin messed up dishes and the couch cushions and everything Kyungsoo worked so hard to keep in check, but he couldn't say he hated it. Jongin filled the house with noise, always on the phone with his mother or playing music or watching loud reality shows. 

"Jongin?" He asks again, and he's embarrassed to hear his own voice crack slightly. 

He creeps down the hall, peeking into every room. The second guest room, piano room, and drawing room were all empty. It's when he arrives near the door to their "library" where Kyungsoo's grandparents and mother kept all of their books throughout the years, that he can hear the distinctive sound of Jongin's music. 

Looking in, he loves the contrast of Jongin's heavy beats surrounded by piles of faded books, and it makes him feel a little like he was in a fairytale and he'd just stumbled across a quiet prince. 

"I'm. . .sorry. About that." 

Not bad opening words, he thinks, although Jongin just stares at him. He holds the eye contact before turning off the music on his phone and sitting up from his slouched position on the plush armchair. 

"Let's get a divorce." 

Kyungsoo thinks he can't breathe for a minute. Jongin's face is etched in his mind, the anger painted throughout his statuesque features. 

"What?" It's the only logical thing Kyungsoo can think to say. He doesn't know how to respond. Jongin had never even brought up the extent of their marriage, and for it to be so blunt now seemed illogical. 

"I kiss you, you run away. My words come out wrong because you're mean to me when I've done nothing-- kissing isn't a sin!" 

"I know it's not a sin! You're the one who said--" Kyungsoo shakes his head violently. "No, wait, that's not what I need to talk about." 

"And then you let that absolute douche into the house when it's obvious he only came over to try and feel you up in our living room, for God's sake!" Jongin yells for the first time that day. The sinking feeling in Kyungsoo's stomach tells him that this isn't what Chanyeol expected to come out of the jealousy plot. 

"No, he just-- he's always been like that-- I mean, I didn't want him to make you--" 

"What? You didn't want him to make me mad?" Jongin scoffs. "You encouraged him until he got brave enough to start talking about how I don't have a job, how I'm younger, how he's obviously more suited towards you." 

"He's not, though." Kyungsoo argues. Jongin looks at him, disbelieving. 

"You weren't making any arguments when he started criticizing me, were you?" 

"I was! What did you expect me to do? Beat people up because they make me mad? I'm not an idiot like you, Jongin!" 

"I didn't beat people up because they made me mad! I beat them up because they were being rude about you. There's a difference. If they were talking about me I wouldn't have done anything."  

Kyungsoo feels a twinge when he remembers Jongin trying to hide the reason for his fight. He can't let this stupid fight ruin everything. Even if Jongin doesn't really like him and it's all because he hadn't been with anyone in awhile, Kyungsoo doesn't want him to leave. He'd rather have Jongin living with him and fighting than moving out and never seeing him again. 

Kyungsoo thinks he might like Jongin a little too much. And god he was so stupid for listening to Chanyeol, for assuming a dumb plan was going to solve any problems. 

"Kris would've beat me up anyway, so--"

"That's besides the point." Jongin points out. Kyungsoo watches his hands cover his face, hiding his features from sight. "I just think we should divorce. The companies are doing fine. And you're obviously uncomfortable with me." 

"I'm not uncomfortable with you!" 

Kyungsoo wants to scream because for some reason he can't will himself to say what he really means. I'm uncomfortable with how I feel about you. 

"The way you act around me proves that's a lie. I'm just sick of being the one being ignored. I want to go home." 

Kyungsoo shakes his head frantically, only barely realizing that Jongin's position gives him no vision of Kyungsoo's movements. 

"No, no, I was just scared." Kyungsoo spills out suddenly. "You made my stomach feel weird and I was terrified." 

Jongin's head is out of his hands now as he looks at Kyungsoo suspiciously. 

"I mean, you kissed my cheek and I felt like I was gonna explode. I don't even know why! It's so stupid. And then you kissed me for real and I felt like I was gonna throw up, but not in a bad way, you know? And I didn't want to feel like that, I don't like it--" 

Jongin's sitting up by now, eyes shining in a different way as he watches Kyungsoo rant. Kyungsoo doesn't even know where his words are coming from. It's everything he's been scared to say for the past two weeks. 

"And so I kept avoiding you, thinking it'd make the feeling go away. But every time I saw you my chest got all tight and I couldn't breathe. And then I just couldn't take it anymore and asked Chanyeol what I should do and he said to make you jealous. But I had no idea how!" Kyungsoo groans, looking away in embarrassment. 

"Kris came to the door and I knew it was a good chance to make you jealous, but I didn't expect him to be rude to you, and then you said you wanted to divorce. It felt like my heart was losing that tight feeling? But not in the good way I'd expected. It hurt and I still feel like I'm gonna throw up, actually. I dont want you to leave, but I'm so scared." 

Jongin's on his feet, standing mere inches from Kyungsoo's small frame. Kyungsoo feels a soft touch of Jongin's fingers on his wrist, slowly creeping to hold his hand. Said hand feels like fire, like something burning throughout his entire being, and Kyungsoo never wants to let go. 

"Why are you scared?" Jongin asks quietly. 

Kyungsoo swallows the lump in his throat. All the worries about Jongin were piling up with the touch of his hand and Kyungsoo didn't know what he was going to do next. He felt like he'd lost control of himself. 

"Be-because this is all fake. I don't want to not know you after a month or two." 

Jongin smiles so softly that Kyungsoo thinks it looks more like a grimace. The taller of the two shakes his head, letting out a shaky breath. 

 "We got married for reasons that weren't very pure, but that doesn't mean I'll leave you. I'd never leave you." Jongin squeezes Kyungsoo's hand as if he's giving himself strength. "If you haven't noticed, I kind of like you." 

Kyungsoo stares at the boy before him. The dumbest boy on the planet, he notes, but also the loveliest. The one he'd want to hold his hand and say sweet things with. 

"I've been trying to notice it, sorry. I've just been a little preoccupied trying to make you realize I like you, too." 

Jongin smiles the best smile Kyungsoo's ever seen. His eyes crinkle and Kyungsoo thinks he's actually scrunching his nose a little. The adrenaline pumping through Kyungsoo's veins seems to go at light speed when Jongin leans in closer. 

His breath tickles Kyungsoo's nose and lips as his free hand moves to hold the smaller boy's waist. 

"If I kiss you will you run away?" Jongin whispers softly, but even as he says it his lips brush Kyungsoo's. 

Kyungsoo closes the distance as his answer, and he feels something liberating in kissing Jongin first. His hands move to wind around Jongin's neck and the taller laughs into Kyungsoo's lips. Kyungsoo feels himself giggling as well, but he holds it in as best as he can. 

Lips move together in synchronized movement, the cold air in the library slowly turning to a comfortable warmth. The two pull apart for air, arms locked tightly around each other and foreheads pressed together. Kyungsoo is about to lean in once again when Jongin speaks, still softly, but with humor. 

"Hey," 

Kyungsoo hums in the back of his throat knowing that Jongin's close enough to hear it. 

"Let's not let that Kris guy back in the house." 

Kyungsoo breaks into laughter, pulling away to smack at Jongin's arms. Jongin only smiles wider at the reaction and pulls Kyungsoo in again, happy in knowing that he won't leave anytime soon.

 

 

 

 

im so so so sos ososo sorry!!!!!!!!!!! i had to go out of town unexpectedly for like 3 weeks for family stuff and yeah but IM BACK and i wrote this before i went to bed imi so tired ;;;;;;

thx for reading and comment pls! lots of fluff coming lmao >..<

bye bye my bbs!!!