Chapter 7: Falling

The AKZ B*tches
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The Greek House Cup has come to the university shortly, countless booths have spread through the main field. Each house competes for the most number of tickets, winning half of the raised fund.

“Amber.” I turned to see Sulli waving at me to come her way. After walking in circles for half an hour, finally, I see someone I know. This main field is no joke. It must have run a half kilometer radius.

“Sulli, finally I saw somebody. Even if it’s just you.” I run to her side, nudging her a bit. She throw one of the popcorn she's eating at me.

“Wow, Am. It’s so nice to see you too.” She forced a smile to me but I can tell she's happy to see me.

Suzy came walking down our way from one of the booths. Everything went on slow-motion, suddenly, her hair waves longer than it should have been. My heart, beating longer and slower than it should have been, me, savoring this moment, and Sulli, quiet and observing, never happened before. That’s when I knew, everything's going to change from now on.

Sulli pushed me forward and I went surging out front, stopping just before I knock Suzy down. I hold her arms to steady myself, and she smile. Why? Why does she make me this way? I smiled at her and look deep in her eyes. Before I knew it, leaning my face to hers slowly.

“Fortune cupcakes?” She held out her hand and there, four cupcakes standing just between me and her lips. Wait. Lips? Did I just really tried to kiss her? I laughed the awkwardness away and grab one of the cupcakes. Suzy went to Sulli and offered her one. I walked towards them stopping just as Sulli gave me the ‘I-saw-what-you-did-look’. I looked away and eat the cupcake, sweat dripping down my forehead.

“You are a merry person with too much luck and happiness at hand. Share them with those poor souls around you and you shall be pleased.” Sulli read out loud from a piece of paper, giggling, as if she’s got her own joke going on herself.

“Aww. You always the get good ones.” Suzy protested, tugging on Sulli’s shirt. At some point I see her even pouting and just like that, my soul is leaving from my body. Too cute. I’m back-flipping on the inside just from witnessing this event.

“Can’t help with what I’m born with.” She swayed her hand from her head to toe. They laugh their hearts out while I, just looking at these two happy creatures before me, smiling to myself and eating that flavorful cupcake. Hm-uhmm. Delicioso! With the exception of that bland part. 

“What ya’ looking, llama? Let’s see what you got.” Sulli asked me and they looked at me expectantly. I just look at them dumb-founded.

“The fortune? Inside the cupcake? Please tell me you didn’t eat it.” Sulli looked at me with worry.

I choke the cupcake out to the ground. “I thought fortune cupcake is the cupcake’s name, not that it contains a bloody fortune inside. The booth do

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter