Chapter 15: I Hate Myself

The AKZ B*tches
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“Hi, Ella. No worries. We were just on the first dress.” Jessica waved at the woman.

“Oh. I’d like you to meet someone.” Krystal walked, out of the stand, towards them. Ella, Krystal and Jessica’s step-mom-to-be, followed Krystal’s gaze and notices Amber. Krystal linked her arm with Ambers and turned her to the woman. Amber was afraid to lift her eyes up, but then she heard the woman’s voice again.

“Amber.” Ella called, and shock evident in her voice. She tried to reach for Amber, but Amber shoved her hand away. Jessica and Krystal exchanged uneasy glances. 

“I’m- I’m done for the day.” Amber told Krystal.

A hell lot had happened to her when her mother bailed on her. Amber never really knew who her father was. Although they did live comfortably as her mother had a decent job and came from a wealthy family.From the start it has always been her and her mother. But as she grows up and sees her classmates and other kids together with their fathers, she can't help but feels like there some part of her is missing.

She started asking questions about her father, but every single time, her mother would brush her off and would hardly look at her, as if  looking at Amber is like living her painful past all over again.

The questioning stopped when she was eight though. Maybe it was too much for her mother to deal with her questions everyday. Her mother said they will just visit her uncle and cousin, Donghae. She was excited because she hasn't seen her cousin for awhile. Little did she know that she will have ten years of getting sick with her cousin's face. She kept waiting for her mother to come back, believing that she will left her with them. Donghae is okay, but her alcoholic uncle could be a handful. Then one day, she just stopped waiting.

Now, seeing her mother, she so much wanted to let her know how much she suffered for all the years she left her. But she coudn't help but also remember those happy good years they spent together, before her teacher in first grade taught them that there needs to be a father and a mother make a baby, so not cool for being the one to break it to her that someone is missing in her life, and she hated herself for longing for it.  She can’t show her weakness. Not in front of her mother. Not now. Not ever. 

“Wait-“ Krystal called as Amber ran outside. Then she followed her, not bothering to change out of the dress.

“Amber, what just happened?” Krystal asked when she catches up to her.

“Are you playing with me?”

“What?”

“That woman inside... She was the person I told you about. The one who just casually dropped me off at my uncle's, but never once came back.” Although that was half the truth. She did know for a fact that money keeps adding in her account every month. Still, it did little to convince her that her mother still cares for her. “I just need some time to think. This whole situation is a mess."

"Ella is your mother?" Krystal coudn't believe herself asking.

"Was. She gave that title up when she left me. And now she's going to be your stepmother. It’s not working between us." Amber is clouded with anger and hate that even she don't believe her ears that she's saying these words. "Krys. I don’t think it should keep going.” 

“Amber…” Amber swatted Krystal’s hand.

Amber left and Krystal kept rooted to her spot, having a hard time up what just happened. But then, Jessica came into the view.

“Why do you have to ruin everything?” Jessica pointed to her forcefully.

“I didn’t do anything.” Krystal defended. While she and Amber were outside, Ella, apparently, broke in tears and left the establishment abruptly, not saying a word to Jessica.

“Of course it is. But somehow the universe got its way to make it look like you’re the victim. Again.”

“Again? Unnie, I thought we were passed this. What did I ever do to you?”

“What did you do? Nothing. You just can’t help that everyone keeps doting on you, do they? Everybody chose you. Dad chose you. Mom chose you. Over me.” 

“What do you mean? We were split on the divorce, you went with Dad and I went with Mom.”

“Heh. Oh, Kryssie. Maybe you were too young back then. But I certainly am not. I remember it all. Dad got the custody for both of us after the divorce. Remember? But then

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter