Chapter 13: Sold To The Lady In Tux

The AKZ B*tches
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Krystal and Amber agreed to meet on the Auction Hall where the auction party will be held. Amber went with Sulli, with the promise of Sulli’s date for the night. Their mouths were left agape when they entered. Not only did the place look grand but also, those who attended went over the top with their formal dresses and expensive jewelries. Every Greek houses has their representative to the said event. Even the graduates took a time off their jobs and hectic schedule just to attend the said party.

“Suzy, you’re here.” Amber greeted when she saw the girl walking their way.

“Duh. Of course, Suzy is here. Her family holds this auction every year.” Sulli rolled her eyes.

‘Wow’ Amber mouthed. She heard rumors on how the auctioneers can earn half a billion in just a night. So, Sulli wasn’t kidding when she said that Suzy is one to par with the Lambdas.

“Yeah. I’m glad you made it. And I wish I can stay for longer but my parents entrusted me to host the event this year. I have to go back and make rounds to make sure everything’s perfect.” The three said their goodbyes, and then Suzy disappeared in the crowd.

Amber and Sulli found themselves a table with the other Alphas and waited for their dates to come. Soon enough a blonde boy walked to them with a rose in his hand.

“Amber.” The blonde boy tapped her shoulder.

“Harry!” Amber exclaimed.

“It’s Henry, actually.” Henry scratched the back of his neck.

“Pfft, I-I know. I was just testing you if you remember your own name. You passed. Yay!” Henry ignored her and nudged her side to intorduce.

“I want you to meet Sulli, my bestfriend.” Amber stood up and smiled broadly. “Sulli, this is Harry.” Amber introduced them to each other. The boy extended his hands to a giddy Sulli.

 “Are you alright, mates? Argh!” Henry did his infamous pirate voice. Then blushed. Sulli and the other girls on the table exchanged glances and smiles. For a second, it almost looked like Henry wished he said something else. Anything.  Just to rid his shame.

“It’s very nice to meet you, Henry. Argh!” Sulli beamed at him. Henry looked puzzled at first then smiled. Amber felt like she’s on cloud nine being the matchmaker of these pirate couple.

Soon enough, the host invited everyone to dance. Henry asked Sulli and the two made their way to the dance floor. Amber’s uneasiness grew when the dancing crowd started to get noisy and as the girls left one by one, Onew and Luna, Victoria and Zhou Mi, and then Hyuna went with Hyesung, leaving Amber to sit alone on the table. Two songs had passed and Krystal still hasn’t come. What if she decided to ditch me? What if on her way she realized that she doesn’t really like me?

Amber stood up to shake the bad vibes away. As she did so, the crowd parted in two, revealing the person she’s longing to see. Krystal. Suddenly, the place has become less grand, the partygoers’ dresses became casual looking and their jewelries sparkled less. So long as they stand near Krystal, they become less, because her presence is the only thing shining tonight.

“Hey. Wow.” Amber looked Krystal up and down. “You look beautiful.”

Krystal smiled. “Thanks. You’re not so bad yourself. So, are we going to stand here all night or are we going to dance?”

They exchanged smiles and Amber leads her to the dancefloor with the crowd parting as they stepped in, leading them at the center. As if on cue, the jazz band played a slow song. Amber awkwardly wrapped her hands on Krystal’s hips as Krystal laid her hands on Amber’s neck. They looked at each other’s eyes and beyond. The iridescent lights fell on each other’s face when it came across them, giving even more glow to their giddy faces.

“You look so beautiful tonight.” Amber said to her as they sway their bodies to the music.

“Yeah. You said that already.” Krystal blushed.

“Which beauty salon did you go to?” Yes, Amber, what a way to strike a conversation, because asking that question is normal on dates. Not.

“Hmm… I fixed myself. Why? Did you go

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter