Chapter 5: Where's The Sauce?

The AKZ B*tches
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I found myself lying on the ground. I lifted my head and was greeted with white sands beneath me. Palm trees that sprung in every direction can be seen in the distance. I can also feel the heat of the sun burning my skin and the warm breeze of the wind.

I’m in a beach. I tried to say but my lips do not move. The voice I thought I heard must have come from my own head. Cool. I am literally thinking out loud.

Mike check! Test mike! 1! 2! 3! I tried again. I keep going at it until a familiar scent caught my attention. It’s the rib burger I had days ago. I closed my eyes and walked towards it with only my heightened sense of smell to guide me.

I walk and walk and walk until I cannot move my feet and has to drag my body along the sand. Déjà vu. I reached my destination but with my eyes sore I let my hands guide me to where the smell comes from. I reach my hand out and get a hold of the rib. I don’t need my eyes to confirm what it is. One bite. That’s all it took, but instead of burger I’m holding a rib barbeque. I am eating with all my might it should be gone by now, but it doesn’t get any less, my lucky day.

“Do you want some sauce with that?” A voice asked, unbelievably close to where I’m lying. Like really.

I tried to open my eyes, but the soreness is still there. I blink them a few times to adjust to the light. For a second there, I thought I saw Suzy. I blinked them again, and it really is her. She’s sitting just two feet away from me.

Where’s the sauce? I asked her. But I can’t say it. I forgot my lips gone numb for awhile. She can’t understand me. Not unless she is a mind-reader.

Where’s the sauce? I tried again, but failed. She only smiled causing me to smile too. These days, I can’t picture Suzy without a smile on her face. But something’s off with it, it’s not hers. It’s someone else’s. I looked at her again, blinking my eyes repeatedly, and each time, her smile becoming more and more crooked, less and less her. I blinked them this time, hard, and when I opened them I see her, the owner of that smile. Krystal Jung.

“Want some sauce with that?” She asked, with a grin on her face, obviously not wanting to give me the darn sauce.

“Wake up.”

Where’s the sauce? The words trapped in my head. She stood up and laughed with thunders rumbling on the background.

“Amber.” A voice in the sky roared.

Where’s the sauce?! I tried to beat the ‘ka-boom’ of thunders and shriek of lightning. Then she left me with only her evil laugh remaining, echoing in the beach, in the sky, and in my head.

 

“Where’s the sauce?!” I bolted right up, catching my breath. My head spins as I sit, panic washing over me as I take my surroundings all in. I’m back in my room. No sand. No beach. No rib barbeque. And no Krystal, or so I wish.

 

“Whoa.” Sulli hollered, sitting on the foot of my bed. “What sauce? Girl, you’re freakier than I thought. Who dreams about sauce?” Sulli said, walking to her bed.

“It’s no dream.  It’s a nightmare. I was in this island eating rib barbeque then Krystal-“

“I did what?” A voice interrupted me. Krystal! I jolted back and almost hit my head on the headboard.

“What are you-“ I cut whatever I’m saying, because I know better than to talk to her.

“You were saying?” Sarcasm filled her voice.

“What is she doing here?” I turned to Sulli, lowering my voice. “How can you let her in? What if she remembers she hates me and then kills me in my sleep? That is so not cool.” I carry on, holding my pillow tighter

“Don’t worry I won’t kill you.” I stopped myself. She heard me?

“Yes, I heard you.” She answered the voice in my head.

“What the-“ Is she a mind reader?

“Not in your sleep, at least. I want you wide awake when I finally do it, so you’ll remember every moment of it.” She said slowly with a grin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter