Chapter 11: You Had It Worse

The AKZ B*tches
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I looked for Krystal later that day. The sun has already set but I still haven’t seen her. The night went by that I keep pacing back and forth on the back porch, waiting for her.I figured that if she comes back she won’t be entering through the front door. After some time, I finally stilled myself and sit on the steps, watching the swing on the left side of the garden moves against the wind like it's the most entertaining thing in the world.

“Amber, I thought I saw you come out here.” I see Suzy emerged from the double doors holding a mug in her hand.

“Hey, Suzy.” I greeted her a little too enthusiastically than I should have had. She took a seat besides me and offered her drink. I gladly took it and stared at the trace of lipstick on one of its side. I slowly leaned my lips against it then took a sip. I feel such a creep right now. But I can’t help thinking if this is considered a kiss. Oh forget it. Do I really want to kiss Suzy? And if I did, does it mean I like her? What about Krystal? …….Krystal? I choked on the thought and handed the mug back to Suzy. Why did I think of Krystal thinking of Suzy?

“You seen her, yet?” Suzy asked, now also looking at the swing. I got an idea who she’s referring to, but the million dollar question is, how did she know? “I don’t mean to pry but I sort of saw you two in the fields.” She continued.

“Oh.” My heart sunk remembering what happened. “I haven’t seen her. That’s why I’m here out. Waiting.” I explained. Suzy’s face darkened. She opened but stopped midway. She obviously wants to ask something so I crunched my eyebrows and bobbed my head hinting for her to continue.

“What’s going on with you two, anyway?” I gulped really hard in her question.

“What’s going on? I-I don’t know. I guess we’re friends?” I suggested then turned to her and waved my hand in the air. “Don’t tell her I said that. I have a feeling that if she heard me calling us ‘friends’ I will have to board the next plane out of the country, work in a farm, and change my name to Joselito.” Suzy laughed. And even though I meant every word I just said I laughed with her.

“So… there’s going to be a party this Saturday. I’m wondering, do you want to come with?” I blinked my eyes a few times. Did Suzy just asked me out? "Sulli and some of the girls are also going." Oh.

“Uhm…” I was almost tempted to say yes. Almost. But then remembers that I have to be someplace horrible this Saturday.

“I’m sorry. I have this thing this Saturday.” I told her. She mouthed ‘Oh’, then the smile on her face faded. “Some other time, maybe.” Her face lit up again.

“I will hold you to that.” She got up and went back inside afterwards.

As the night deepens and the wind blew stronger I found myself wishing to find Krys. That’s when the wind blew really hard that the swing rocked back and forth, and then I thought I heard someone garbled just above to where I’m sitting.

“.” I heard from above then comes the shuffling. I looked up to the noise and see a red object falling. It hit me right between the eyes, sending a tinge of pain.

“Ow.” I rubbed to where the object hit me then picked it up. “An apple?” I looked around but didn’t see an apple tree, unless cutting my Biology classes deprived me the knowledge of mahogany trees bearing fruit. I was shocked when vines or was it a snake? A spider? It hit the back of my head and sent shivers to my spine.It threw me into a fit and had me screaming on top of my lungs.

“Get off of me! Ahhhh!” I tussled it away using my hands then jumped on my feet.

“Jesus! You scream like a mother whale giving birth. It’s just me.” I see Krystal dangling from the roof, the rest of her body from the waist down unseen.

I composed myself and fixed my shirt, too much embarrassed for the unfamiliar sound that escaped my mouth. "What are you doing up there? W-Were you eavesdropping just now?" I lifted the apple up and she reached for it.

"Tsk. Like I want to hear anything you say." Krystal rolled her eyes. I snatched the apple away just when she was about to grab it.

“Give it.” She took her arm back to grab the pipe, glaring at me.

“You have to get down from the roof first.”  When I didn’t budge she went back to where she was hiding, disappearing in the dark.

“Hello? You still there? Krystal?” I waited for a minute but she didn’t answer back. Now, there is no way she’s going down when I made her mad.

I hesitated at first but then find a ladder vine. Ugh… I don’t really want to do this. I took a deep breath, closed my eyes and slowly but surely climbed each step. I looked down when I reached the top but regretted it instantly as nausea takes over. I struggled with the outer edge of the roof but still managed to climb all the way up. I see Krystal cramped up on the side, holding her knees. I crawled my way over her and awkwardly mimicked her position.

“Y-your apple.” I offered and she took it back. The nausea still won’t go away. Big inhale… Bigger exhale… Loud Inhale… Soundless Exhale…

"You're not going t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter