Chapter 4

Your Life with Jeon Jungkook
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            For at least 2 minutes, you were bursting into fits of laughter as Jungkook planted his face on the table. You could hear faint groans of frustration amongst the variety of noises in the restaurant.

            “I swear-” Jungkook suddenly got up, complaining, “Ahjumma sometimes-” Shaking his head, he stopped and took a deep breath in. “It’s alright Jungkook. It’s alright.”

            Hearing your never-ending laughter, he looked over at you, raising an eyebrow, “What’s so funny?”

            “Oh nothing~” You laughed even harder. “It’s just that you’re so cute.”

            The male cleared his throat, trying to prevent a smile from forming, “Haha very funny.”

 

            Soon, the laughter died down and you were playing with the petals of the small flower in the milk bottle perched on your table, chin resting on your arm. All the while Jungkook’s eyes never left you, soon mimicking your actions and poking the stem. It caused the flower to jerk more to your side and you smiled, poking it back to his side, eyeing the boy. You saw his eyes form into crescents once again as he poked it back to you. This childish act went on for quite some time before he extended his finger further forward and gently tickling the tip of your index finger. Surprised, you looked up at him.

 

            “You’re cute too, Noona.”

            Your breath hitched at the comment.

            Jungkook smiled, straightening his back. “I need to go to the restroom, be right back!”

            Managing a nod, you fiddled with your fingers.

 

            “Food’s here!”

 

            You saw the bubbly Ahjumma grinning as she rushed to your table with plates of raw pork and side dishes and vegetables. Your eyes widened. ‘How is she carrying all those plates at one time??’ Once the meat was cooking on the grill and Ahjumma was seated on her seat earlier, she gave you a fond smile. “So,” she flipped two pieces over, “How’s our Jungkookie?”

            You grinned. “He’s a nice person.”

            “He is, he is.” Ahjumma laughed. “When that boy first came here, he gave me flowers he picked from his garden.”

            “He did?” You couldn’t help but smile at the thought of Jungkook plucking flowers.

            She nodded, taking out the cooked pieces and placing them on an empty plate. “And that was when he was just 4? 5 I think.”

            You gaped. “He was that young when he gave you flowers?”

            “Uh-huh! That young and he already had the warmest heart ever.”

            You smiled fondly.

            Ahjumma finished placing the gazillion pieces on the plate and looked at you. “So, tell me how you guys met.”

            You recounted the entire embarrassing story in less than 3 minutes. Bashfully, you rubbed the back of your neck, “I was clumsy.”

            Ahjumma stared at you before exploding into a hearty laugh, mentioning how cute you were. As the laughter died down, she rested her elbow on the little space that was left on the table. Furrowing her eyebrows, she rested her chin on her palm, “That’s strange though, the Kookie I know would’ve just seen whether you were alright and left.”

  

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter