Chapter 17

Your Life with Jeon Jungkook
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

           At the two words that sounded more of like a command - or more specifically the two words that were spoken by somebody that caused you to have literal butterflies invading your stomach every few seconds - you found yourself hurriedly brushing your fingers through your hair, flipping your phone back onto your bed as you walked towards the front door. 

 

    

           No use changing since Jungkook had seen you in your home clothes before (basically just a tee and shorts anyway) - the first time being the day he whined to you through the phone about never letting him inside your house and him showing up not even 30 minutes later with burgers and fries, claiming he was lonely and had nowhere to go.

    

           Trying to be as silent as possible, you unlocked the front door, keeping your eyes solely on your unconscious sister. When you were finally out of the room, you let out a breath as you quietly shut the door.

 

 

 

 

    

           “Boo.”

 

 

 

 

    

           “OH MY G-”

 

    

           You were spun around before your words could continue, forehead pressed flat onto a sturdy surface as arms kept you warm. You stayed still for a while, outwardly blushing when you realised a certain somebody had bear-hugged you to prevent any more noises that could risk getting the both of you reprimanded. 

 

    

           You could hear his chest vibrate as Jungkook gave that chuckle. 

 

    

           Deciding to just pull yourself away - definitely not because you were afraid he could feel your abnormally beating heartbeat- you lightly tapped his back for release…

    

 

           Only to find yourself being squished tighter, the arm that hadn’t been quick enough trapped in between two bodies and the other one hanging by the guy’s side. You could feel a chin on your messy bed of hair.

 

  

 

 

            “I’m not done.”

 

  

 

            “Not done what.” You managed to mumble through his shirt, trying to sound at least a bit annoyed and not let this scent carry you off to sleep. 

 

    

 

           The arms held you closer, his chin now making its way to your shoulder.

    

 

    

 

 

           “Hugging you.”

 

 

    

 

 

           You swore your heart stopped for a moment.

 

 

 

    

           “Let’s just stay like this for a while, mm?” Jungkook nuzzled his head into your neck. “I missed you.”

 

    

 

    

           “B-But,” You took a silent, silent breath in to calm whatever nerve that was going out of control in your system, “but we just met a few hours-”

 

  

           A chuckle, the vibration now spreading throughout your entire body. 

 

    

           For a few minutes there, the both of you stayed like that, immobile, until Jungkook finally released you oh-so-slowly, eyes locked with yours throughout. 

 

    

           You swallowed the lump that you didn’t know was in your throat and hope you didn’t look too disappointed.

 

 

 

    

 

           “Baby you…”

 

 

    

           That word again. It took your all to not squeal and melt in front of the guy. Instead, you tried to keep a nonchalant face - tried, “I what-”

 

    

           The corners of his eyes crinkled, mouth spreading into an adorable smile, accompanied by an equally butterfly-conjuring laugh. He leaned forward and whispered, “You’re beautiful.”

 

 

 

 

 

    

    ☆☆☆

 

 

 

 

 

    

           “Do you wanna go to a club?”

 

    

           Jungkook snorted, laughing to himself - in a moderate level since the both of you were still in the hallway of floor 20 - as he watched your reaction. It was as if the guy could read your glare, he continued, “Hey you look nice in those matching, gloomy shirt and shorts.” Wiggling his eyebrows, he softly tugged you into the elevator, “I might even have to fend all the guys away and protect my babe.”

 

    

           “Jeon Jungkook.” You openly rolled your eyes, trying so, so hard not to let a smile show.

 

    

           So, so hard.

 

    

           “I’m sure you’re gonna like where we’re going though.” He grinned, taking your hand in his. 

 

    

           “Where are we going anyway?”

 

 

    

    

           The ride halted to a stop, with the monotone female voice announcing that ‘you have reached the 24th floor’.

 

 

 

    

           “Apparently the highest floor.” You muttered as Jungkook grinned, once again tugging you to wherever he had in mind, “You’ll love it, I promise, if you don’t…”

    

    

           He turned his head around, confidently looking at you straight in the eyes, “Then I promise I won’t call you baby ever again.”    

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter