Chapter 11

Your Life with Jeon Jungkook
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            115 unread kakaotalk messages.

            49 missed calls.

            4 unopened text messages.

 

            You pursed your lips as you threw your currently vibrating phone on the bed, along with yourself.

            Maybe you shouldn’t think too much of the lie?

            Maybe Jungkook was just…

            Nope. Okay, whatever reason did he even have to lie for?

 

            You glanced at the pop up that appeared on your screen for the first time after school.

            A clear ‘noona’ was printed on it.

            You sighed, bringing a pillow up to your face.

 

 

 

☆☆☆

 

 

 

            “Answer.” He grumbled, creases from frowning too much deepening. “Answerrrrr.”

            Taehyung maneuvered himself back to the younger’s fidgeting body, “Still not answering?”

            Jungkook gave his hyung a pointed look, ending the unanswered call and placing it beside him, “You think?”

            “Hey no need to shift the anger to me.” Taehyung raised two palms up in surrender, backing away from the groaning boy. Laughing, he shook his head and took the remote control. “Give it a rest, try again tomorrow.”

            “It’s been three days.” The pouting boy pressed his face onto a pillow. “Three days.”

            Lifting his sullen face back up, he rambled on to no one in particular, “Three days and not one single reply. Not one single call answered. Not one single look given in school. Not a single fu-”

            “Jeon Jungkook.”

            The younger paused, peering up at Taehyung with his arms crossed.

            “Break is in two days.” He gave a comforting smile. “Don’t beat yourself up and ruin the happy mood you’re supposed to be in.”

            “That and it’s your fault anyway for not telling her!” A shout came from the kitchen.

            “Hyung!” Jungkook gave a whine.

           

            His hyungs were right.

            He shouldn’t be this sulky when break was coming soon and their trip was around the corner. He shouldn’t be planting himself in Taehyung’s couch when he could take advantage of his hyungs’ gaming skills and make bets on who would win.

            And unfortunately, his hyungs were also right about the fact that the reason he was like this was because of himself. He could’ve just told you the reason, but he didn’t. He could’ve just told you and not spend three days not on the receiving end of adorable smiles and laughter. Heck, call him weird but he could’ve just told you and not spend three days missing the touch of your hand in his.

            Jungkook stared up at the ceiling, his bottom lip.

            But telling you the reason would mean confessing.

            And confessing was something he wasn’t ready to do… yet.

            Looking at his dead phone for the umpteenth time that day, he closed his eyes.

            Maybe he could just speed up that confessing thing.

 

            Maybe he should.

 

 

 

☆☆☆

 

 

 

            “Minjung.” You clung onto your sister’s arm as the both of you rolled your luggage in the unfamiliar airport. “I want to go home.”

            “Stop being a baby and be the older sister you’re supposed to be.” Minjung scoffed, trying not to laugh at the face you pulled at her. “Let’s get a taxi and go to the resort.”

            It was the first time the both of you set foot abroad without your parents, and to be honest, you were feeling kind of scared. Thailand was a foreign country and the both of you couldn’t even speak Thai. So, yu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter