ϟ 008

Telepathetic
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It wasn't two weeks before I was back to hating Kai. Why had he said my name?! 

"So," says the forty-sixth person to come up to me that lunch break alone, "I hear you know Kai. How did you two meet?" 

I smiled as sweetly as I could. "I was taking a lovely walk up your and the piece of crap bumped into me." I dropped the grin and rolled my eyes. "For the last time, I don't know Kai!" 

The girl, taken aback, stood up and walked away, almost disappointed. Hana appeared with her tray and sat down in front of me. "Still getting badgered?" 

I nodded. 

"You would think you not knowing Kai would spread faster than the opposite," she said. 

"I'm going to start wearing a sign. Neon board, big black words. 'Before you ask: no, I don't know Kai.' Loud and clear." 

Hana snickered. "Maybe you should get Kai to help you out with it." 

Two girls who were passing by our table gasped and stepped up their pace to scurry over to their table. I could hear whispers and they glanced over at me often. I rolled my eyes. 

"So you're the one fueling the rumour," I realized. 

She didn't deny it. Best friend my . "After what you did to him, you kind of deserve it." So this was what betrayal felt like. 

The girls at the other table were giggling now. 

"Jeez, even Kai forgave me, and you still haven't!" It came out a little louder than I'd like. The girls gasped in unison. 

'Please stop saying my name. Your peers believe you less and less with every mention of me. My reputation is at stake here.' 

And mine's intact, right? 

'At least you're not stuck "resting", watching the stay-at-home-mom dramas, drinking poorly made iced coffee because of me.' 

Hana waved her hand in front of my face. "Jinhee. Earth to Jinhee." When she saw me focus on her, she continued. "I know your boyfriend is hot, but I'd appreciate if you listen to me when I talk." 

I gagged. "He's not my boyfriend," I said quickly. "What were you saying?" 

"I was saying you should totally hook me up with Chanyeol," Hana said. 

I racked my brain for the names I had faces for and came up empty. "Which one is he? There are like twenty of them." 

Hana scoffed. "Te—Nine, actually," she said. 

I laughed. "Another member left?" 

It was her turn to roll her eyes. "I swear to God, Jinhee... Chanyeol is the tall one with the cute smile." 

I tried, I really tried. "The Chinese one with the dimples?" 

She shook her head. "The Korean with the big ears." 

Oh. Oh. "Hana, what the hell? At least go for a maknae or something, for goodness' sake you're only eighteen!" 

"I would go for Kai, but he's yours, sooo..." 

I wretched. "Hana, I'm not dating Kai, he's ugly!" 

'That's just your mirror, actually.' 

You don't even know what I look like. You have no grounds to insult me. 

He was silent, but I knew he couldn't deny it. 

"So, Chanyeol..?" Hana asked. 

"How should I hook you up with Chanyeol? I'm not linked to him. Oh God, I'd probably kill myself." 

"Well, tell Kai to give Chanyeol my number." 

"I'm not hooking you up with a member of a band set for failure." 

"I'll just get Kai's number from your brother, then," she said. 

I let out a laugh. "Ha! Don't bother, I'll give it to you. You can even post it online, have him bombarded with calls and texts." 

'Don't you dare.' 

"It's 5—" Suddenly there was a pain shooting through my head. "Ack!" 

'Brain freeze!' Kai groaned. 

"What's wrong?" Hana asked, eyes wide. 

I moaned in pain. "That idiot Kai just gave me a brain freeze!" 

"He can do that?" 

"Apparently!" I waited a minute for it to subdue. "Phew." 

'Haha I have control over you.' 

That must've hurt you, too. 

'Not as much as it gave me satisfaction.' 

"Let's go," I told Hana, finishing the last of my lunch. Hana picked up her tray and threw out the half-eaten disgusting cafeteria food. 

She whined. "But... Chanyeol..." 

"Hannah! Jenny! My favourite lovely people," said the school's adored art teacher, Mrs. Lovkin. "Would you mind helping me out with a little something?" 

Obviously, since no one says no to Mrs. Lovkin, we agreed. Sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter