ϟ 010

Telepathetic
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The news was devastating. 

While Kai was out eating with his friends and I was at lunch constantly under the watchful gaze known as the Hana Stare, Kai got a phone call. It was Ravi. He excused himself. 

"Hey! So, what's the what?" he asked. 

"Apparently J-Key doesn't even have a phone. Minni told Chu that J-Key doesn't like electronics and social media because it's super distracting," Ravi said. Minni was the leader of 4rang. 

I slammed my fist against the table and glared at anyone who looked at me. To say I was disappointed would be the understatement of the century. I was pissed. 

"Who the hell doesn't have a phone in this day and age?" I asked Hana, who had quit scrutinizing me and was now looking at me like a deer caught in headlights. 

"I'm umm... guessing J-Key?" she whimpered. 

"Yeah! Can you believe it?! How?!?!" 

'I'm sorry... I tried...' Kai thought. I could feel his sincerity. 

"Goddammit." I rested my head on the cold surface of the cafeteria table. 

Hana gagged. "Jinhee! They wipe those things with the same mop they use for the floor!" 

I didn't budge. It wasn't like it was news or anything. "I just don't care anymore..." 

I heard her sigh before slurping at her slushie. 

"I think I was happier before I found out this information." 

'I really am sorry,' Kai told me. 

It's not your fault. You actually tried. I can't deny that. It must be the EXO curse, cause you know, you guys are useless. 

At this point, he must've been immune to my jabs at his group, because all he said was a sarcastic, 'Ha ha, you're hilarious when you're angry.' 

Hana was petting my head. "Can't you just tell everyone, anyway?" she asked weakly. 

"You really want this?" I asked her. I strained my eyes to look at her, not moving my head. 

She nodded. "I want Chanyeol's number like you want J-Key's." 

I shut my eyes tight, flipped my head face-first onto the table and I started knocking it three times. 

"Jinhee! That's not only gross, but dangerous!" 

"Fine. I'll do it." I pulled my head off the table and gave my best friend a stern look. "But when EXO fail and fall to the depths of the SM dungeon, you're not allowed to complain about your broke boyfriend." I couldn't believe I was going to do this. 

Hana bounced in her seat and started to clap. Now I wasn't the only one getting weird stares. I slowly stood up. "Guys, I have a confession to make," I said loudly. God, I can't believe I'm doing this. Oh my God. What the hell?! "I've been lying to you all." 

Everyone's eyes were on me, and I could physically feel every pair burn lasers through me. "I actually do know Kai. Okay? You guys are good. You pushed me to my limit and now I'm cracking; I know Kai." I awkwardly cleared my throat. "Umm. That's all." Then I took a seat and focused on my food. 

"Yeah, right! She just saw how popular she'd become if she really knew him, and she's actually lying now," said one girl. 

"I've heard her blatantly cuss out an EXO fan for writing Luhan's name on her own binder," claimed a boy. "Who would do that to her friend?" 

"Pah! Pitiful..." "What an idiot..." "As if we'd fall for that!" "Where was your brain yesterday when I asked you?" 

Soon no one was looking at me anymore. Well, I told Kai, I did it. Your end of the deal, now. 

Hana's phone beeped. She closed her eyes with her hand and it into my hands. "Is it Chanyeol? Is it him?" 

«hi, hana! I'm Chanyeol from EXO!» it wrote. Well? Is it him? 

'That's his number, yes. And his message.' 

"Yeah, that's him," I told Hana, and she shrieked. 

"Chanyeol messaged me! My ultimate bias messaged me! Jinhee I love love love you!" 

Aaaaand I had everyone's attention again. 

EXO hookups, get your EXO hookups here! Only eight members left to ruin your lives with! Get em' while they're average looking! 

That's what I felt like shouting at the top of my lungs when a crowd gathered around Hana's phone. Chanyeol sent her a video. I could hear it. 

"Hi Ahn Hana! I sure do hope it's you. Kai gave me your number, which he got from your mutual friend Jinhee." 

She was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter