ϟ 005

Telepathetic
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

School was better than I thought it would be with my best friend at my side. Sure, Thalia was a downer, but she was busy working most of the time.

So when Mom asked me, "How're your classes going, sweetie?" I could genuinely answer, "They're going great!" It was different from last year, when I had stress-depression. It helped that I knew what was coming, and I had all of my class notes and old assignment feedback to work with.

Even Kai couldn't get me down. In the few weeks since I've been in school, he's been on tour with his bandmates. He's been too tired to think about anything while onstage, and when he's not, he's mostly asleep. I'm thinking he's also putting in effort to block himself from me, though I can still feel his presence when he's awake. I've been looking out for the library noises lately, I don't ever want to be caught off guard by him.

My followers online have also been nicer to me lately, once they debunked the whole rubbish about me lying for attention. Like I'd promised, regular updates were resumed and trust me, it was easy. CoreA is still on their world tour for their newest album Mine'd. That means tons of airport pictures and even more concert photos. Even my queue was already piling up. I made sure to mind how much content was in it to make sure if I were to take a four-or-more month leave again, I'd be covered.

"Hurry up, we're going to be late!" Hana was saying, jumping from one foot to the other.

"One more second!" I called, applying one last of mascara. I smoothed out my hair in front of the mirror and decided I looked hella good, and that I was ready. I joined Hana and together we met my brother at the front entrance, waiting in the car.

Like I said, CoreA's still on their world tour. And what world tour would be a world tour without LA on the venue list?

"I can't believe I get to meet CoreA with my best friend!" I said. Scratch that, more like squealed.

"I know! I never guessed this day would come when I first introduced you to them!" Hana said right back.

Jaeson could only laugh as we blasted our favourite songs on the way to the concert. Of course he had to come with us as a chaperone, as if we couldn't handle ourselves. I mean, two seventeen-year-olds under the supervision of a nineteen-year-old. If something were to go terribly wrong, I don't know what Jaeson's supposed to do about it.

I handed everyone their ticket once we got close to the front of the line.

"Man, it must be nice being Kai. He gets to watch this awesome concert through your eyes," said Hana.

Oh yeah, I'd told her about Kai. She'd had a harder time believing it than my brother had, but then I got Kai to post an Instagram update with the caption, "Friends never lie to friends." When she saw the exact words that I had said were going to be there, she was convinced.

"Don't bring him up at a time so wonderful," I said. "Don't taint today's beauty with... him."

Hana laughed, and Jaeson rolled his eyes. I simply focused on the fact that I'd be seeing CoreA—LIVE! No computer screen between us! We were gonna stand in the front! And jump up and chant! And they were going to touch our hands! I even made sure to wash my hands well before we came here so that I could go even longer without washing them afterwards!

I was wearing a new T-shirt, one with a hilariously bad edit of me kissing one of J-Key's many derp faces on the cheek. I was secretly hoping he'd see it and make it real. Hey, a fangirl can dream.

On the back was printed the hEart Oath. "I vow to keep CoreA in my heart, keep them as one, and keep them at the top. I vow to discourage hate and to encourage love towards CoreA. I vow to love these men the way they love us, their fans. Once a hEart, forever a hEart. CoreA, hwaiting!" There were many variations of the wording, and some people liked to add a couple more lines, but this was the gist of it.

Finally, we were inside, coloured bracelets on our wrists, light sticks in our hands. I was overcome with the amazing feeling that came with the knowledge that I was under the same roof as CoreA. "Hana, pinch me," I said.

Hana pinched my arm between her two slim fingers and I yelped. "I'm awake and I'm still here." I couldn't hold my happiness in any longer. I started to bounce in my spot.

We filed into the standing area. I could feel the excitement everyone was exuding. It was contagious.

The men I devoted my life to are backstage. They are in this building. They are about to serenade me. For hours. God, this is exhilarating.

As I was thinking that, the large doors we had gone through closed shut and the lights inside dimmed. We all started screaming. Lights came on onstage. The seven boys were there in their baggy shorts and basketball jerseys, black cargo pants and white tank tops, and loose grey cardigans and skinny jeans. They looked like a bunch of five-year-olds playing dress-up, but somehow they made it work. They looked stylish in their outfits.

Man, especially J-Key. Damn, he looked amazing. His hair was split along the middle, one half orange and the other half pink. Beside him, Vesta had his hair spiked up à-la-90s. Low had his long black hair in cornrows. Gongsoon had dramatic eyeliner and his natural brown hair was down to his shoulders. Hai had a half-shave, with zigzags drawn in. The shaved half was also dyed purple, while the other half was left in his natural jet black. Falcon's hair was silver and Dongsoo was rocking a dark brown man bun. It suited him to go natural, him being the maknae and all.

They started with a cover of "Hey L.A.", a relatively recent song by Ryan Beatty. In the original song, there was no rap, but that didn't stop Falcon and Low from writing their own Korean lyrics. Being Korean, I knew what they were saying, but I wondered how many other people in the crowd knew.

Hana was in charge of taking the quality pictures, since photography was her thing. With the big camera in her hands, she didn't have the capacity to jump around and scream, so I took it upon myself to do that for her. Jaeson was pumped just because he was at a concert, it wouldn't have mattered who it was. He was the kind of guy that would ask a famous person he doesn't even know for their autograph, just so that he can say he has their autograph.

Back to the concert, once that song was finished and the crowd roared, CoreA began singing their title track, "onmymind". The audience was quiet for the beginning, when Gongsoon was saying in a hushed, fast-paced voice, "On my mind," four times, on the last one saying, "Girl you're on my mind." In the following set of four, Hai joined him, except while Gongsoon kept his fourth alternate line, Hai said, "I'mma keep you on my mind." Next to join was Vesta, who's alternate line was, "never left my mind." By the time J-Key had added his, "Let me be there on your min

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter