ϟ 012

Telepathetic
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
news    credit    features    memes    photos    shop    forums    'The Search for Love' continues to the third round December 02, 2015 @ 11:08 am by h.eo.moon5 scrap, share & like 1752 shares

The competition is heated for the INK Media trainees on the MBC variety program 'The Search for Love', as hopefuls aim to become the newest member of girl group 4rang. The second round, dubbed the 'Ballad round', has come to an end.

SEE ALSO: MBC + INK deny rumours of 'The Search for Love' contestant Dalbit's involvement with MBC producer

Stumped in the beginning of the race, Dalbit, who was previously rumoured to be in a relationship with an unnamed producer at MBC, was determined to clear her name. For that, she had the powerful weapon of 2NE1's 'It Hurts'. In the backstage interview, she confessed that the reason she hadn't performed so well in the first round (and subsequently the reason rumours of foul play came to fruition) was because she was sick. "I had a minor case of the flu and this inhibited my ability to sing and dance to my full potential. I am not trying to make excuses. I promise to learn from this and practice hard so that in the future, even with a cold, I can perform well."

Somin, who has extreme fans and extreme antis (and nothing in between), came on the stage with confidence, and sang Byul's hit debut ballad, 'December 32nd'. After her show, as she waited for feedback and commentary, Chu picked up the judge's mic on her table. She started with an amicable, "I'm not sure if I should be allowed to say this, because not only are you older than me, but you're a senior to me in training," getting nervous laughs from the contestant. Not making any effort to sugarcoat, Chu dived straight in with, "I didn't like it. When this song first came out, I loved it so much I listened to it over and over again. But now, hearing you sing it, I suddenly do not like it. I don't think it suits your voice, and I could hear your chords straining to reach the notes. I would've chosen a different song if I were you."

Followed by a trail of admiration and abhorring, Jolie was up next. Being the sister of 4rang ex-member Cherie, Jolie has caused quite the stir-up among netizens. Still, no one could deny that her breathtaking deliverance of DIA's 'Leave Alone' would definitely land her a spot on the team if this were any basic audition. Backstage, she admitted that she dedicated the song to the fans she had acquired before the revelation of her family ties with Cherie who had turned their backs to her after they found out.

Coming second place in the first round Woori was firm in her goal of being first this time. Under her belt she had a gorgeous rendition of DBSK's 'Love In Ice'. With her impressive vocal range of six octaves, she covered the song the way a potential member of 4rang would be expected to—marvellously. The song was so nicely done, that even the hard-to-please judge Chu was applauding. Again, she took the mic, this time to compliment. "If you don't make it onto the team, I will personally fund your solo debut." Beside her, Minni began to laugh. "Do you know how much that costs?" she asked. Chu nodded. "That's why I want her to win," she said, earning more laughter.

Hakyung, who had come first in the first round with Girls' Day's 'Darling' did not disappoint this round, either, with G.NA's emotional 'I'll Get Lost, You Go Your Way'. However, not only did Hakyung sing GN.A's parts, she also rapped what was originally Yong Junhyung (B2ST)'s part. To this, the group's rapper, SS Young, jokingly commented, "If you end up in 4rang, I will fear for my position. For that, it's a no from me." Chu hilariously replied, "Unnie, this isn't the X Factor!" alluding to the fact that the competitors weren't eliminated, only ranked.

Gayeon, the feisty New Yorker, had gotten criticized before for her seemingly rude attitude. She had prepared the collab song 'We Were In Love' by T-ara ft. Davichi, but partway through the first verse, it was obvious to the three judges that she was reaching "unnaturally low for her soprano tone", as commented by Minni. She was urged to sing something else. So, Gayeon did what anyone would. She gave 110% at her next song, 'Wasted' by Younha, and floored everyone.

By the end of the episode, the live votes from the viewers were tallied and the new ranking is as follows: Woori (862 points), Hakyung (798 points), Jolie (654 points), Dalbit (546 points), Gayeon (527 points), and Somin (469 points).

tags The Search for Love INK Media comments There are 296 comments Sort by: Newest First   MyZenSpace__ · Posted December 02, 2015 @ 11:43 pm I'm not a Lovel2 or really an INK stan at all, but I think it's great that they don't eliminate the contestants. Look at Dalbit. Last in round 1, 4th in round 2. she got her chance to prove herself, and she did just that. HWAITING! Reply · Report · Share   SOMINion · Posted December 02, 2015 @ 11:42 pm OKay, ummmm?!?! CHU?!?! WAY TO BE BIASED MUCH!! if u love woori so much just sign her already, and dont waste our time n ur money on this show if u're gonna be like that. also, how come gayeon got a chance to redo when the song didn't suit her voice but SOMIN didn't?!?! this is so unfair #soBIASED Reply · Report · Share   S_S_Old · Posted December 02, 2015 @ 11:41 pm don't worry ss ahjumma, no one can steal your spot as the rapper XD XD XD <3 Reply · Report · Share   VestaHeartsMe · Posted December 02, 2015 @ 11:40 pm Jolie was AMAZING! she totally deserves third place!!!! (and higher!!!!!) It would be so cool if in the end cherie was replaced by her sister!!!! kekeke like a family business keke Reply · Report · Share   more

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Respect 

The Oxford Dictionary of English defines it as "due regards for the feelings, wishes, rights, or traditions of others". 

I define it as "if you're telepathically linked to a person, you don't root for the person they hate the mos

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter