ϟ 003

Telepathetic
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When Jaeson came into my room to call me to dinner, he stopped mid-sentence. "You look like you've just seen a ghost."

"Am I awake?" I asked in a hushed whine.

My brother took the two steps to reach me and put a hand on my forehead. "Not a fever," he concluded. Then he pinched my cheek painfully.

"Ow!" I yelped.

"Yep. I'd say you're awake. What's with the existential crisis?"

I could feel my heart beating a thousand times a minute, and my stomach was doing Olympic-level flips. "It's nothing," I said.

Jaeson closed the door and sat beside me on my bed. "What's up? Something happened."

"You won't believe me if I told you," I said.

"Try me," Jaeson challenged.

I took a deep breath. "You know EXO's Kai?" I asked.

"What an introduction. This really is serious," he said, eyes wide in panic. "What happened?"

"Did you know that he just recently woke up from a coma? After a lightning strike that happened four months ago?" My hands were shaking and I sat on them to make them stop. "At the exact same time as me?"

Jaeson squinted his eyes at me. "Yeah, that is kinda strange, but not something to be this freaked about." He closely examined my face for a bit. "There's more, isn't there?"

I nodded. "When I woke up from my own coma, I was alone in the room, but there was a voice... A male voice... And he told me he had also been in a lightning strike. The voice was in my head. It never came back for a while, so I forgot about it. But then... Today it came back and we talked, or, thought, or, whatever. We realized that we could hear each other's thoughts... And then he went to sleep. When we came back from the mall, I found out that EXO's Kai had been in a similar incident... So I asked him. I asked him if he was Kai..."

Jaeson was leaned forward, enthralled. "And? What did he say?"

"He said he was Kai." I grimaced. "I'm linked to EXO's Kai!"

He rubbed his chin thoughtfully. "That is quite the predicament... It is hard to believe, but... You wouldn't talk about EXO without dissing every fibre of them if it wasn't serious."

I pushed the air in my lungs out forcefully, almost a half-laugh. "Well I'm glad my hatred for EXO comes in handy..."

'I don't think it's fair. You know my name but I don't know yours,' said Kai.

I held my head in my hands, which I hurried to bring out from under me. "He's back. He's asking my name. What do I do?"

"I don't know, just tell him," said Jaeson.

Umm, Park Jinhee.

'That's a nice name. How did you find out who I am?'

"How did I find out who he is?" I hissed at my brother.

He shrugged, as if trying to be quiet in case Kai could hear him. I was pretty sure it didn't work that way.

I searched it up. We were struck at the exact same time.

'Oh. So, are you a fan?'

I didn't need Jaeson's help with this one.

No. I hate EXO with all of my being. You guys are generic and untalented.

There was a long pause. 'Oh. I'm sorry.'

Yeah. So I find this telepathy thing to be a major inconvenience and would greatly appreciate if you sought help to get rid of it.

'Right. I'll see what I can do.'

The chatter still being there alerted me that he was still able to hear me. Will it always be this way? Can't I be free of you?

"You guys, that room is like a vortex. Anyone who ventures in doesn't come out," called my father.

"It was a mistake to send Jaeson to get Jinhee. Let's just eat without them." I knew my mom was joking, they'd never eat without us.

I shot my brother a grim look. "Don't tell them for now, okay?" I asked.

"Right," he agreed.

We got to the dining table and found a tray of small homemade pizzas. Smacking my lips in delight, I hurried to my seat and pulled one onto my plate, still hot.

"In honour of Jinhee's first home-dinner in four months," st

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter