Chapter 8

Case EXOTIC

A/N I just had a busy day making paper microphones and jamming to BTS FIRE :D 

 

Soohyun’s POV

 

"Mianhae Soohyunnie, outsiders are not meant to see this," Taeyeon unnie apologized as she led me down the corridors blind folded, again.

"It's fine, I understand."

When the blind fold came off, I found myself sitting at a dinner table which I thought only existed in like British historical films. It was a three meter rectangular table piled with dishes. And around the table sat the EXO leaders,Kim Jong In or Kai, Park Chanyeol, Byun Baekhyun,Do Kyungsoo or D.O and least I forget, Kim Joon Myeon whom is also known as Suho and is the Head of the EXO organisation. 

"I wasn't sure what you liked, so I ordered a bit of everything" Suho spoke from across the table.

Internally I laughed, this is a "bit" of everything?

"They all look delicious," I answered with complete honesty. And echoing my words was a faint growl stiring inside the hollow pits of my stomach. 

"I hope that you are feeling much better. We are in debt to you for saving Taeyeon," Suho spoke again, soft and sternly. 

"I'm feeling better thanks. And there's no need to feel in debt " I replied quickly and bluntly as I tried to end the "nice talk" asap so I could EATT!

"Never the less, your actions were truly brave and kind. If there is anything you would like as return please say so," Suho's words struck me hard. 

I was speechless.

"Money or status , you name it and we'll give it to you," Baekhyun turned to me.

"Though there might be a few things we cannot approve of,so choose wisely" Chanyeol said from across the table while giving me a serious look.

A familiar feeling rose inside of me. The same feeling when I threw all the cash onto Sehun's face.

I shoved my chair back and I rose up from my seat.

"It would be genuinely kind if all of you refrain from making assumptions of my character.I don't believe we are even on the terms of acquaintence. Therefore, you have no right to make assumptions that I'm some power hungry or a money greedy maniatic or even a ...." I paused as Sehun's words echoed in my head. "Can I not help Taeyeon unnie because she is simply a friend? Or out of empathy and kindness? Is it not possible to help someone without compensation?"

The room became silent. Everyone one was staring at me like I was some mad person. 

I felt a tight squeeze on my hands and I turned to see Taeyeon staring at me with watery eyes.

"Soohyunnie....thank you" her voice was cracking slightly as she pulled me into an embrace.I gave out a shaky laugh seeing her dramatic reaction.

Suho cleared his throat. "Soohyun-shi, if our words have offended you in anyway, I sincerely apologize. But you must understand that in our world, this is how society operates.But  you are quite clearly not someone who's stained by the rules of our world. And as what you would call, a 'friend' of Taeyeon's, I'm deeply thankful that she has befriended someone like you."

Taeyeon unnie pulled me gently down onto my seat. 

"No, really, the pleasure is mine. And I'm also sorry if my words came out to harsh," I replied.

I can still feel all the pairs of eyes on me. 

Suho smiled.

"Let's eat then, I'm starving!" Kai shouted, finally breaking this tension. 

 

So dinner begins with utter silence. I didn't mind it for the first ten minuntes or so because I was busy stuffing myself. But once I reached the point of 'satisfaction', I took the time to observe the table and I noticed a few things.

First of all, Oh Sehun was missing (since the very beginning actually).

And the others didn't seem to mind or even realise that he isn't here.

And instead, each of them are busily do their own thing. Kai's busy playing on his phone. D.O is constantly typing away on his laptop. And Suho and Chanyeol who left earlier during the meal, have not yet returned.

And also, Baekhyun had been constanlty piling so much food onto Taeyeon unnie's plate that he's literally created a mountain. But Taeyeon unnie doesn't seem to notice, or mind.

This is so weird.

I leaned towards unnie and I whispered in her ears, "is it always like this?"

"Oh these are the better days. This is probably the closest time we've come to eating 'altogether' since a year or so. 

My jaws drop, "what? A year? Do they hate each other or something?"

Taeyeon unnie laughed so loudly that everyone turned to look at us.

"What's so funny?" Kai asked, looking up at us curiously. 

"Soohyun- sh-she-" Taeyeon unnie's words are cut of by the loud entrance of a man in black.

"She's dead meat." that familiar, cold arrogant voice said.

That voice belonged to Oh Sehun.

Everyone watched him as he strided towards the dining table and chucked some blood stained photographs onto the table. No one mentioned that there's blood splattered across the front of his shirt.

Instead everyone's attention is drawn onto the photos. There's was something familar about the photos of a dark green backdrop and the white silouhette.

And then it hit me. 

.

The photos were of me on that night at EXO PLANET. Someone had taken a photo of me on the concrete path underneath the willow tree. 

"Where did you get these?" Kai asked, picking up the photos to observe closely.

"They were going to sell it to the Dragon Head," Sehun said, completely ignoring Kai's question.

"Who's they?" Baekhyun asked.

"There's also relatively more people in the neighbourhoods than normal. The Dragon Head is definetely searching for her," Sehun once again ignored another question.

"Where did all that blood come from?" D.O asked Sehun.

Sehun doesn't reveal anything about where he went or what he did.

"What shall we do? They're literally waiting to catch her," Kai says.

Sehun looked at me with an expression I couldn't describe before he his heel and headed towards the door. 

"I don't care what happens to her," was his last words before leaving the room. 

 

Later in the night, when Suho returned,he decided that the best option was for me to stay. But he also said that it was my choice whether or not I wanted to stay since there was a twist to it. The requirement of me staying here was that I was not allowed to leave my room.

Obviously, I chose to stay.

Now lying on my gigantic Double King sized bed (if thats even real), I don't know if I've made the right choice or not. I mean, it's the perfect opportunity to seek out new info but what good can I do when I'm locked up in a room. And not to mention the gurads outside my doors 24/7.

This is worse than being grounded.

I heard a knocking on the door and I made my way to open it, expecting Taeyeon unnie but it wasn't. 

"Why did you stay?" A cold voice asked me.

I looked up to find Sehun's emtionless eyes casted down onto me.

"What's your motive? What is it that you want?" His words sent nerves shivers down my back.

"Whatever you want. I'll give it to you so you can leave," his words are forceful, commanding even.

I in a breath before releasing it. 

"Alright I'll tell you want I want," I replied as I held his stern gaze. "It's..." I leaned towards him, "nothing."

" Liar. You ing s are all liars," he spat the words out like venom. 

"I am not a and I'm not lying," my hands itched to send Sehun flying across the room.

" Then prove it."

"How do you want me to prove it?" 

"Leave."

Ah.... I see.....

This whole time, the conversation was leading to the same place. He just wanted to get rid of me.

Fine. I'll leave.

Why should I even need to bother putting up this crap from him anyway.

I don't need this case. 

Angrily, I shoved my way past Sehun. 

Goodbye to that stupid, arrogant, rude, jerk.

I never want to see his face again. Ever. Period.  

 

 

A/N Hello to the new subscribers (around like 7 or 8 in the past week or so lol)! Hopefully we'll walk to the very end together <3 hahaha so chessy....I'm sorry... 

A reason that I write fanfics is because of the interaction I have with the readers. Currently, I have 13 chapters completed and I'm no way near half way. That means everyone who is reading is welcome to share their opinions on the development of the story:) Is there a specific scene you want? Any possible relationships that you want to be developed? Tell me:D I check my account frequently. 

Then see everyone, and hopefully more people, next saturday!

 

Ciao~