Chapter 3

Case EXOTIC

A/N I couldn't hold in the urge to post. I'll post a second update tomorrow :) excuse any spelling and grammar mistakes T_T

 

No One's POV

The man in the tight black suit, hair neatly gelled up, stood out amongst the crowd with his tall, lean frame. He threw punches continuously towards the enemies who had completely surrounded him.

 

Each of his hits were perfectly planned out to knock down his opponent in the fastest way possible.

 

But the enemy outnumbered him, and soon the gap he made in the opponent's formation quickly closed up.

 

He is left trapped, once again, this time with guns pointed towards his head.

 

“Well, well, who do we have here? Isn’t this the youngest leader of EXO, Sehun?” the opposing gang leader, much older than Sehun, teased with a crooked smile. The gang leader's hair was dyed silver....or perhaps it was real?

 

“Aren’t we so privileged today having an EXO leader for company,” he continued speaking, his words dripped with sarcasm.

 

 “ Ah, and boys, please put your guns away, we just want to have a peaceful conversation with this young leader. We are not here to threaten anybody right? Especially not the mighty EXO.”

 

“Who the are you?” Sehun demanded.

 

“That is none of your concern. Though, I am a bit concerned that your fellow gang or should I say, organization, has been poking your little noses into other people’s businesses,” he threatened as the made his way towards Sehun and calmly fixed Sehun’s crooked collar before continuing, “ so, I sincerely suggest you to leave or else someone’s going to get hurt.”

 

 His men approved their boss’ threat with sounds similar to sneers and growls.

 

Sehun’s face dropped cold. “You,” he said sternly, “do not tell me what to do.”

 

His voice wasn’t  loud but every single word that he said seemed to carry a sense of threat, a sense of murder.

 

The enemy’s face darkened. “You en little . I’m gonna say this one last time. Get you and your en men out of my business or else—“

 

Sehun cut him off short, “Or else what? You’re gonna go crying to your ommas?” he mocked the older man.

 

 “YOU EN BRAT! IM GONNA BEAT THE CRAP OUT OF YOU AND TEACH YOU SOME EN MANNERS WHEN YOU SPEAK TO YOUR ELDERS!”

 

The men all charged toward Sehun, weapons all raised high.

 

 Sehun looked at his watch.

 

 7:57

 

He cursed under his breath, and reluctantly he ed his suit, reached inside, and pulled out two pairs of black, shiny handguns.

 

The guns slid perfectly into his hands.

 

 A perfect match.

 

Soon, the alleyway rained down with bullet shells.  

 

Each shot echoed in the air.

 

Bang..Bang..Bang….. (A/N Waddup Big Bang song reference lolXD)

 

Just when the last bullet shell dropped onto the floor, men dressed in black suits with a hexagonal crest on their chest, rounded the corner of the building.

 

“Sir, we were asked to find you and assist you in case of any emergencies. All the other leaders are already present at the club.”

 

Sehun lazily took out a black cloth and wiped his guns before placing one inside his suit and then one hanging on his belt. “Clean this up after I leave.”

 

Sehun turned towards the men on the ground in pain, but he didn’t look at them. Instead his eyes lingered on the shining silver bullet shells decorating the ground.

 

“Such a waste,” he muttered under his breath.

 

He looked down at his suit that's now wrinkled. “. And they messed up my suit as well.”

 

Pissed, he swiftly his heels and headed towards his car. 

 

 

Soohyun's POV 

 

Case EXOTIC was rated one of the most confidential cases up to date. It was highly confidential because it involved a drug called EXOTIC which had suddenly appeared in the black market in the last few years and has been spreading like wildfire. It was highly addictive and caused noticable rises in the current number of crimes. 

 

In a way, you could describe it as a major epidemic in the underground society. And from the current information we've gathered, EXOTIC seemed to have been widely distributed by the largest underground organistion in South Korea, EXO. 

 

The case was simple yet difficult. Case EXOTIC required an experienced agent to go undercover in the underground society, prefrably EXO. And during the period in which the agent goes undercover. He/she must gather all possible information about EXOTIC such as the buyers, dealers and suppliers.... so that EXOTIC could ultimately be erased and those who were involved in this illegal act of supplying and distributing drugs could be punished. 

 

 

This was a dangerous and difficult case as it involved a powerful organisation which branched off into many smaller groups they interacted with. The whole crime web was huge and there were many unknowns. And ofcourse, the less the safer, meaning that only one agent was allowed to go undercover for this mission.

 

And I want to be that one agent. 

 

 

 

Kai pulled up his silver Mercedes in front of an expensive looking fashion boutique.

 

“We’re here.”

 

Kai had taken me to some high class looking boutique that I probably will never, in my life, step into because the dresses in there looked so beautiful and frightening expensive.

 

There’s this little spark inside of me.

 

I did it.

 

I actually managed to take the first step in getting closer to EXO.

 

Now I just have to play it well.

 

Entering the boutique, I noticed the manager there, a petite, skinny woman, dressed in a sleek, tight black dress.  She looked up from the counter where she is standing.

 

OMG. She's so pretty.

 

The second she saw Kai, a bright smile stretches across her face. Then she notices me and I feel as if sparkles suddenly appeared in her eyes.

 

Kai casually raised his hands to wave at that beautiful lady, “Noona, Baekhyun hyung asked me to bring her.”

 

Oh, I see, she’s probably Taeyeon.  

 

The lady talked while keeping her eyes on me, as if she was mentally taking notes of my appearance. It had made me slightly nervous.

 

“Yes, Kai, I know. A new face I see….” Her voice was soft.

 

Taeyeon walked up to me, and surprisingly, she gave a warm, tight hug before releasing me. “Annyeong, I’m Taeyeon, but for you it will be Taeyeon unnie.” She smiled at me, flashing me with her beautifully in lined white teeth.

 

“Annyeong haseyo,” I greeted her with a small bow, “Lee Soohyun imnida.”

 

“Soohyun-nie, what a cute name. I like you already!” Taeyeon unnie said in an excited tone.

 

“Okay, okay, we should get moving. You,” she points to Kai, “sit over there and wait quietly while Soohyunnie and I get down to business.” She winked at me.

 

To my surprise, Kai, listened to her without another word.

 

I mentally raised an eyebrow.

 

Did she just seriously command an EXO leader?

 

Ohhhh…but then again I did just slam him onto the ground.....

 

So it turned out that Taeyeon unnie was the owner of the shop and also the designer of the fancy dresses hanging outside. And on top of all that, she’s also a professional make up artist. How unfair was that, being both beautiful and talented.

 

She also had such a bubbly and open personality which I used to my fullest advantage to extract some low key info: 

 

" So cute or y?"

 

"Are you close with the EXO leaders? You called him by Kai."

 

"Hmmm.....I don't know about eyeshadow, is that too much for everyday wear?" 

 

"Do you know why I am even here? I'm not quite sure myself. "

 

 

  I felt a familiar stinging sensation and my eyes started to water up for millionth time.

 

“Aww, Soohyunnie, don’t cry, don’t cry, we’re nearly finished okay,” unnie gently hushed me.

 

“I—I—c-can’t…i-it s-s-st-stings… a-rrgghhh….”

 

“Wait... Just a little bit more to go… a little more…” unnie quickly finished lining my eyes and I immediately shut them close to stop the stinging sensation.

 

When I opened my eyes, I caught sight of a small hexagonal tattoo on her wrists. There were two diagonal lines within the hexagon. Out of curiosity I asked, “unnie, what’s that tattoo on your wrist?”

 

 

She glances up from her make up box and smiles up at me before continuing, “you’re a very curious one aren’t you?”

 

I shrugged, “Well, I’ve literally been dragged around for the whole afternoon without knowing what’s really going on.”

 

She continued talking without glancing up at me, “But I’m guessing you did chose to be part of this?”

 

“I guess….”

 

“Well you really have some guts to blindly mess with EXO.”

 

“Umm..”

 

“And I’m guessing that that plaster on Kai’s face also has something to do with you.”

 

I in a breath, “How did you know?”

 

She looked up from her make up box, and gave me a little shrug, “instinct?”

 

It all became silent while she finished applying the last of the make-up.

 

Unnie was the one who broke the silence “Since you wanted to know, the tattoo is the official EXO symbol. All those who are part of it have one.”

 

“Why did you choose to be part of it?” I asked her carefully.

 

She replied to me, bluntly, “what else other than, to live, to survive.”

 

It wasn’t long until, I came out of the dressing room with a white dress which unnie rushed me to put on. The dress had shoulder straps but they purposely hung down my arms so that my whole shoulder was exposed. It was also cut so short at the bottom that I felt that my entire would be exposed if I sat down.

 

I literally never felt so in my entire life.

 

 I felt my pulse increasing as I slowly made my way to Kai who was lazily lying back on the couch playing with his phone. He rested his feet on top of the small glass table in front, fully displaying his long legs.

 

He hadn’t noticed me yet even though I was standing right before him.

 

I tugged my dress downwards, nervously.

 

 What should I say? “I'm done?” Or should I say “How do I look?”  

 

Nonononono….

 

Hey wait.

 

Am I supposed to call him Kai? Or Kai-shi? Or should I call him Mr Kai since he’s like the great and mighty EXO leader?

 

I mentally pull my hair and scream in frustration.

 

I felt a warm hand lay on my back, and then I heard Taeyeon unnie say, “Kai, how is it?”

 

 I watched Kai’s glaze slowly shift from the screen on his phone to me.

 

There was a few seconds on silence in there air, and I completely just couldn’t hold it in anymore.

 

So, I blabbed out, “I know I look ridiculous now don’t I?” I turned to unnie, “But of course the dress and everything else is beautiful but it’s just me. I probably look so—“

 

“Not bad,” Kai cut me off.

 

We held our gazes for a second. His signature smile once again appeared.

 

I stared at him.

 

“Yes, I know. Everything fits so well,” I heard unnie agree next to me.

 

 Me? pretty? Hahahahaha, are you kidding?

 

I gave her a disapproving look.

 

“You should see it for yourself,” she told me as she spun me around to the wall with a long mirror on it.

 

“Seriously, you guys stop kid-“

 

I fell silent as I saw the girl in the reflection.

 

I literally mouthed the word ‘WOW’.

 

I couldn’t even recognize the girl in the mirror.

 

Damn, Taeyeon unnie seriously had some magic up her sleeves.

 

I noticed Kai’s reflection slowly entering the mirror, still wearing his boyish grin.

 

“She is perfect for the job,” I heard him say.

 

And I don’t know why but I felt butterflies inside when I heard Kai’s praise also along with a sense of uneasiness.

 

“Kamsamnida unnie. It’s beautiful.” I thanked her, still in disbelief.

 

“No. You’re beautiful.” I heard unnie say.

 

I smiled shyly as I took the compliment.

 

Who knows when I'd get complimented for my looks again.

 

I've used up my luck.

 

“But there’s one thing I don’t get” I heard Kai say. “I thought she was supposed to dress up as a school girl or something because hyungs said that the guy was into younger—“

 

Taeyeon unnie laughed which cut him off, “Seriously Kai? Are you that gullible?”

 

A sort of darkness and anger flashed across his face.

 

I laughed, for the first time today, wondering what the older EXO leaders could have possibly made Kai do.

 

 

 

A/N Do u guys know who ONE is??? He was on SMTM. OMG HE'S IN LEE HI'S 'MY STAR' MV AND HE IS SO JFIBEGQRBG HOT!!! STOP WAT U R DOING AND GO LOOK AT HIM RIGHT NOW!!! THANK ME LATER XD

 

that's him below omfgg <3 my heart is  going *badump badump