Chapter 9

Case EXOTIC

A/N omfg my internet died, I'm posting on my phone AGAIN with 3G -_-

Soohyun's POV

My face was still hot, and my mind was still a mess after arriving on the streets as the midnight air striked my face. 

Oh Sehun...Oh Sehun..Oh Sehun.... I swear that one day I'll kick some proper sense and manner into you.  

After continuing a few minutes down the block, my mind slowly cleared up and my current situation kicked in.

I remembered Sehun's words that there were more 'people' in the neighbour tonight. The thought brought a small panic inside of me.

I should be careful.

There are people out there trying to get me.

A swift wind rushed by and rustled the leaves on the nearby tree. I looked around me and the streets were fairly empty with the last few cars running on the roads and that odd one or two shady characters walking late at night.

I should go home. ASAP. 

Well, it didnt look like much taxi's passes through these streets. So maybe I'll head out a bit more onto the main road to catch a taxi home.

Suddenly, I heard a 'crunch' behind me, and I immediately spun around. 

No one.

I turned, and I immediately picked up my pace. 

This was so damn dodgey right now.

crunch crunch

I turned again to find no one but a pavement covered in dry leaves.

Dry leaves?

.

I broke out into a run but it was too late. 

"Where do you think you're going?" 

I turned around to see the person's face but before I could make out of anything, I felt a metal pole brought onto my head and I out. 

 

No Ones POV

"Sir, the girl has disappeared. She's not in her room. We've also searched the perimeter but she's nowhere to be found."

Suho, placed down the documents in his hands. " You're telling me that you and the other four have lost track of a person, one person, one girl, when I've ordered you to guard her doors at all time? Was there something which you didn't understand and would've liked me to clarify on?"

"No sir. We understood completely."

"Then where is she?"

"I..I do not know sir."

Suho rose from his chair. His voice was ever changingly soft yet now, it carried the tone of death.

"Answer me. Did the five of you standby at all times?"

"Yes Sir....wait..actually around eleven or so, Sehun-nim dismissed us for ten minutes. He said he needed to speak to the girl."

Suho paused for a bit before continuing, "Call Sehun here."

 

Soohyun's POV

As my eyes slowly parted open and my senses returned, the first thing I felt was the throbbing in my head. Then it was the feeling of heaviness. And when I could fully see everything, I realised that I was being hung up by the arms.

"Oh look, the little beauty's awake," I heard a sick, familiar voice that immediately sent shivers down my spine. 

Mr Jung or that I've later found out, the Dragon Head. 

He looked as good as ever  in a rich navy blue suit with his hair slicked back

He reached out, grabbed my face and forcfully jerked my chin to face him. 

"Do you know, how hard I've been trying to find you sweetie?" He purred dangerously. 

"Tell me, where have you been hiding to make me look so long and hard...."

I could feel his hot breath  on my cheeks. It reminded me of that horrid night and immediately a flush of anger and disgust arose within me. Instinctively, I brought my right leg up and slammed my knee cap into the Dragon Head's chest.

I took him by surpise. Who'd expect a little girl like me to have such power right?

And so he slammed onto the ground in a fit of coughs.

"You ing !" One of his minions headed towards me with a stick after seeing his boss get his kicked.

The second he stepped into 'range' I in my core muscles and I lifted up my legs up and landed a strong kick bang into his chest. I sent him flying back to where he came from.

Don't underestimate me. Just because my hands were  tied up, didn't  mean I couldn't  fight. I didn't go through years of training for nothing.

More men headed towards me and I continued to fend them off, sending them gasping for air onto the ground.

"Tie her feet down!" The Dragon Head commanded  at the back. 

"But sir.. we can't get close to her!" One of his minion complained and received a kick in the face as return.

"Then do something about it you dumb!" The Dragon Head got angrier by second, which is just to my liking.

A while later, my arm tied above me was screaming in pain while beads of sweat trickled down my forehead. My breath was in ragged intakes. 

. I'm nearly at my limit now. 

"Getting tired now aren't we birdie? Why don't you take a rest?" The Dragon Head teased.

"Like hell I will!" the chains that hung me from the ceiling shook violently as I tried to kick the disgusting man before me.

He gave a cold, bone chilling laugh. 

"But you've reached the limit now. Both yours and mine."

"Like hell I am! I still-" suddenly I felt a strong pair of arms grab my legs from behind and then I heard the clanging sound of chains. 

.

I kicked violently with all my remaining strength. But it was futile, it was true, I've reached my limit.

"Sneaking from my blind spot, that's low!" I screamed at the Dragon Head who was now smirking at me.

"Now, now, let's not go off about such boring topics. Why don't we play a game of truth or lies. The rules are simple. I ask you a question and you tell me the truth. But for every lie, you shall be punished," the Dragon Head spoke menancingly as he made his way towards me.

"How would you know if I'm lying or not?" I snickered.

He grinned. "I don't." 

 

 

No Ones POV

"Where is she?" Suho asked.

"who?"

"Stop playing dumb Sehun. The girl, where did she go?"

"How am I supposed to know," Sehun answered bluntly.

"Sehun please, stop making this difficult. We need to find-"

 

"SUHO! SUHO! WHERE IS SHE? WHERE IS SOOHYUN?" Taeyeon ran into the room panicking. Following her was Baekhyun who was desperately trying to calm her down. Then came Kai, Chanyeol and finally D.O. 

 

"Taeyeon, please calm down. We have not yet found her," Suho answered.

 

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU HAVE NOT YET FOUND HER? IS SHE IN THE BUILDING OR NOT? DID SHE LEAVE? IF SHE DID LEAVE THEN YOU NEED TO SEND SOMEONE TO SEARCH FOR HER! THERE ARE PEOPLE OUT THERE THAT WANT HER! PEOPLE LIKE THE DRAGON HEAD!"

 

" Taeyeon, calm down," Baekyun pleaded  as he pulled her away from Suho.

 

Taeyeon shook off Baekhyun's hold, "CALM DOWN? HOW CAN I CALM DOWN? SHE IS JUST A GIRL BAEKHYUN! IMAGINE WHAT PEOPLE LIKE THE DRAGON HEAD WOULD DO TO HER! THINK OF WHAT THEY'VE DONE TO ME!"

 

Baekyun went silent.Everyone was silent.

 

"She left," Sehun spoke.

Everyone turned to him.

"why did she leave?" Kai asked.

"I made her go," Sehun said emotionlessly.

" Why Sehun..." Taeyeon's voice went into a small whispher.

 

"Why is it that you guys are making such a fuss over her? Isn't she just like any of the other girls who come to us for money or status?" Sehun raised his voice in frustration.

 

"SHE'S NOT! Soohyun didn't ask for anything at all. Even when we offered her money and status she declined it all!" Taeyeon explained.

 

 “I shall have all the leaders in here. Everyone else,please leave,” Suho demanded.

 

Taeyeon opened to complain but nothing came out. Suho’s words were unquestionable. She trusted Suho, she trusted that he would make the best decision possible. Giving one last look at Suho, she prepared to exit the room.

 

“Please Suho. She’s just a girl.”

 

Baekhyun’s eyes followed Taeyeon’s slouching figure leave.

As soon as the as the last person closed the door, Kai spoke.

 

“We should save her.”

 

“ But the Dragon Head will find out sooner or later that it’s us. That won’t benefit us if we still want to maintain our current business relationship,” Baekhyun argued. He didn’t want to think about how Taeyeon would react to his words. At the end of the day, priority would always be EXO.

 

“And think of the current partnerships that are still ongoing. Especially our weapons trade, we cannot afford to damage that contract,” Chanyeol, in charge of the weaponary and defense in EXO, commented.

 

“But we were supposed to provide her safety. We gave our word. ” Kai argued.

 

“What if she’s already betrayed us. I don’t think she would hold out for long seeing how desperate the Dragon Head has been,” Chanyeol asked.

 

“That’s why we should just get rid of her immediately. No one will know who she worked for and we get what we want.” Sehun joined the conversation as he leaned causally against the wall, arms folded.

 

Kai turned towards Sehun pissed, “she was the one who got what we wanted . And she was also the one who saved Taeyeon because someone couldn’t control themselves and had to get involved in a fight. And now, you want to kill her?”

 

Sehun’s face darkened. He pushed himself off the wall, “getting involved with us was her choice. Saving Taeyeon was also her choice. And have you ever used that brain of yours to think why a person like her would be so willing to put herself in such dangerous situations and ask for nothing in return? Does this not sound familiar? Those filthy bastards who are so devoting and self-sacrificing but in the end, they all just want the same ing thing. Money, power, status or revenge.”

 

“She’s not like that. She’s different Sehun,” Kai’s words came out loud and unwavering.

 

Sehun laughed coldy, “Are you ing kidding with me? Is something wrong with your head or have you already slept with her?”

 

“ You ing-“

 

“Stop,” Suho immediately cut off Kai’s words before the conversation became too out of hand.

 

Kai clenched his fist tightly at his sides.

 

“ D.O, have you completed her background check?”

 

D.O, who’s remained silent in the corner typing on his laptop,stood up and made his way to Suho.

 

He scrolled up and down on his laptop while he spoke. “ Her name is Lee Soohyun. She’s seventeen, currently working part time at EXO PLANET and enrolled SM High. She’s also had previous jobs which I won’t go into since they all seem normal. Her parents, or should I say caregiver are Lee Jaebum and Seo Yuri. Lee Jaebum is a business man and has been constantly working overseas. That’s basically it, she has no criminal records or arrests of any sort. The only abnormity I’d say would be that her school attendance had been nearly all absences in the last few years but then, Seo Yuri passed away around 2 years ago so I guess it had a major affect.”

 

 Everyone was silent, even Sehun.

 

“So she has been unsupervised for the past few years?”

 

“Well it seems that way. Other than constant bank transfers from her dad, I don’t think she has any family connections of any sort since she was adopted to begin with.”

 

“And you think she was up to something,” Kai turned and glared at Sehun.

 

Sehun shrugged, “this could be all faked.”

 

Kai shook his head, “Not everyone is as stuffed up as you Sehun.”

 

Sehun clenched his teeth in annoyance, “what did you say?”

 

“ Sehun, Kai, this is not the time to be fighting,” Chanyeol warned.

 

“So, what’s your call Suho?”  Baekyun asked.

 

The walkie talkie on Suho’s desk beeped.

 

Sir, alpha team has arrived. Over.

 

Suho immediately picked up the walkie talkie.

“What’s the situation?”

 

Dragon Head is here. There are ten armed and six unarmed. We’ve secured the perimeter.Over.

 

The EXO leaders watched the conversation take place silently.

 

“Tell me, has the girl exposed her connection with us?”

There is a long silence as everyone waited with a growing tension.

 

Kai, waited nervously with his hands clenched at his sides.

 

No sir, they’re still trying to extract info from her. Over.

 

Everyone was slightly taken back by the current situation; everyone except Sehun who wore an unreadable expression on his face.

 

“This girl is something,” Chanyeol said in a surprised tone.

 

Awaiting order. Over. 

 

“I’ll go. I’ll go save her and get everything done nice and quickly,” Kai stepped forward to ask for permission.

 

“No. I’ll go.” Sehun’s offer shocked everyone in the room. “And if at any point I believe that she will expose her identity, I’ll kill her.”

 

Suho observed Sehun carefully before he picked up the walkie talkie once again.

 

"Listen up. The moment Sehun arrives, all calls will be made by him, solely."

 

Kai was about to complain but Sehun had already exited the room.

 

 

A/N this is soooo damn hard trying to edit my chapters.....I hope you guys liked this chapter..the game has just begun;) see you all tomorrow! Thank you Jami for your lovely comment:)