Chapter 7

Case EXOTIC

 

 

 

A/N thank you for the subs:) please leave a comment if u have time ^^

 

Soohyun's POV

It was one of those hot and humid summer days. There wouldn't be a speck of clouds in the sky while the great, blinding beams of sunlight casted down. 

Outside, in the soaring heat, children played. They giggled and laughed as they ran around freely, splashing each other with water. 

Everyone played. Everyone played except for one girl. She sat by the window side, quietly watching her peers who roamed freely under the golden sunlight. 

Her eyes lingered on the sparkling water which brought such joy in the children.

How she wished to join them. To feel the wind whipping past her face as she ran. 

 

That girl, I had realised, was me.

 

"Nae, seonsaengnim, why doesn't Soohyun ever come and play with us?"A little boy asked the elderly woman. 

"Soohyun doesn't feel very well...." the lady replied quietly.

"Is that why she is never going to leave? Because no one likes people who don't talk and don't smile and is always sick. " The boy asked curiously. 

The woman didn't reply. This encouraged the boy to continue, "But I like to smile, and play cars, and run and I'm strong and healthy. That's why a nice family is going to adopt me right seonseangnim?"

A small smile appeared across the teacher's face, "I believe so."

 

When I woke up, my cheeks were wet.

The dream stayed vividly inside my head.

The boy was wrong. 

I had changed and I was no longer weak and timid child I had been. I was stong now, stronger than most people. 

And most of all, I had left the orphange. I had been adopted.

Omma and Appa had adopted me.....

 

I heard two quiet voices talking to my right. 

I slowly tried to push myself upright but my right shoulder shrudded in pain.

"Ah! Soohyun, you're awake!" Taeyeon unnie rushed to my side to help me up. 

My blind fold had been removed and now I could finally see where I was. 

The room looked practically like the school nurse except at one corner was a fortress of computers.  

"How are you feeling?" A deep yet gentle voice asked as a man appeared behind this fortress. 

I looked up to see a man with rounded features. 

I did a mental scan of the EXO leader's faces printed on the stacks of paper back at HQ.

Oh. It's DO Kyungsoo or aka. D.O. 

"Yeah...I'm alright...." my voice croaked as I spoke, "maybe some water would be better?"

Taeyeon unnine immediately left the room to grab me some water. 

Now, it was just me and him.

 

Something bothered me about him. I curiously glanced at his attire. The white labcoat definetely screamed doctor or something medical. But at the HQ, Do Kyungsoo is said to be EXO Techno guy. He was the one who mananged EXO's digital footprints, hacked websites and confidential documents.

Why in the world is he dressed in a white labcoat?

He nervously cleared his throat, "ummm...your right arm...it's best if you refrain from putting too much stress on it for the next few weeks or so. The bullet cut fairly deeply into your skin so you lost quite some blood. You might feel slightly light headed but from the looks of it, but you'll will be fine if you take things slowly."

"Nae, Kamsahamnida......."

"Kyungsoo is fine."

"Ah  Kyungsoo-shi. Are you a doctor?"

He laughed, slightly more relaxed, "no, I'm not a doctor. I'm just someone who knows a bit more medical stuff than others so somehow I ended up being an emergency go to for the boys. But I only treat mild injuries since most of my time I spend sitting in front of computers."

"Ehh... that's pretty intersting. Perhaps you could try out as a doctor. I seriously thought you were one just then."

He blushed as he scrached his head nervously.

"Whoa, hyung are you flirting with you're patient?" A tall figure appeared by the door. Seeing his signature smile, I immediately recognised who he was.

"Hey," Kai greeted me casually as he entered the room, "thought I'd never see you again after you chucked all that money in Sehun's face and just walked off."

He seemed much more relaxed when he spoke. He sounded less business man like and more like a playful boy. 

D.O's jaw dropped as his eyes flickered to me in disbeleif,"she did what?!"

"I'm serious! Can you belief that someone has the guts to chuck money at the arrogant Sehun's and lecture him about bad language," Kai lauged as he explained to D.O who just stood there in utter bewilderment.

"What was it again....something about brushing his teeth....Oh, yes, and he was told to go home and brush his teeth 'cause his mouth stank!" Kai wouldn't stop laughing. 

I let out a shaky laugh. Seeing D.O gaping at me, I wasn't sure if I should laugh or not.

 

After what seemed like forever, Taeyeon unnie came back with a cup of water.

"Oh, Kai, you're here too. Good timing, Suho just called to have dinner," she said as she she propped down on the bed beside me. 

"And guess what?" Unnie asked as she looked at me.

I frowned as I took a sip of water.

"You're coming with us!" She exclaimed as she grabbed my hand.

"Eh?!" I choked on the water in my mouth. I slapped my chest in order to hold down the coughs. 

 

A/N omggg..my laptop died... currently my sister is screaming the song "Lalala". im going to go insane, period.