Chapter 17

Case EXOTIC

 

A/N rude language and violence ---> but you shud be fine if you've got up to this chapter...

 

Introducing new characters......*drum roll pleasee.......BIG BANG!! But only as side characters....I don't think they will be appearing often in the story. I just needed a new gang so hey why not Big Bang? 

 

 

No one’s POV

“Omma, it’s Hani-ah. Your Hani-ah. Can’t you see?” Hani sobbed as she clutched the lady tightly before her, not loosening her grip at all.

Her mother’s lips trembled as she her hands gently reached to cup her daughter’s face.

“You’ve grown so much Hani-ah...and so much more beautiful.....” her voice was soft, almost a whisper. Her eyes noticed every change the six year old before her. She noticed that her daughter has grown taller, has lost her baby fat, has grown her hair out.....her eyes carried so much more shine.....and of course, her daughter has been smiling so much more. She seemed so much happier here in the orphanage. She was sure of it because every time she peaked from the windows, she always found her daughter smiling and laughing. She was glad that the orphanage could offer her daughter a home thar was much more than she could offer.

“Omma.....omma.....” The little girl cried with liquid flowing out from both her eyes and nose. She sniffed loudly as she wiped her cheeks with her empty hand- the hand that used to carry Mr Bunny who was now completely abandoned on the ground.

Soohyun quietly walked forward to pick up the bunny.

“Omma....ommma....Hani wants to go home.....please...pretty please omma....Hani will be a good girl....”Hani clutched around her mother’s neck tightly as she was afraid her mother might disappear from her sight…just like the many times before.

Hani’s mother kept her lips shut tightly, unable to promise her daughter. Slowly, and painfully, she tried to pick her daughter's grip away from her body. As soon as Hani’s arms released from her, she suddenly felt the coldness of the air.

Hani shrieked frantically as she felt her mother pushing her away, “Omma! Hani will be a good girl! Hani will do everything she is told!   Hani won’t complain that the water runs cold or if the roof starts leaking.....Hani won’t ask for more choco! Omma, Hani just wants to go home and live with omma.”

Her small hands grabbed wildly at her mother’s clothes. But she was still a child, still so weak compared to a fully grown adult who has nothing but the determination to leave. Hani’s mother believed that her departure would be for the better.

And so she shoved the warmth of her daughter away, leaving her screaming and crying on the cold pavement. She turned around, and without one more glance, she turned her back and disappeared in the distance.

A voiceless sound escaped from Soohyun’s mouth as her body inched forward seeing the disappearing figure of the young lady. Her eyes glued onto the mother’s slouching figure as she ran so desperately and painfully in the distance with her arms tightly clasped around her body.

Hani’s crying was what brought Soohyun back to her senses. And she dropped down onto the hard pavement to embrace the trembling child in her arms. Hani’s voice was already coarse and dry from her screaming. And her energy was drained as she fell limp in Soohyun’s arms eyes dull and wide.

Soohyun didn’t speak. She couldn’t speak, as she felt so confused.......and painful. Painful, as if a scar somewhere deep inside has been freshly opened once again.

 

 

Sehun’s POV

I was just making my way out of the orphanage when I heard Hani’s voice screaming, and the next minute, I’m sprinting down the hallway towards the door.

What the hell is going on?

I busted through the door, and the next thing I see is Hani and Soohyun in the front of the garden.

 

I quickly ran towards them, “what happened?”

Soohyun looked like she was lost in thought. 

I gave her a nudge, “tell me what happened Soohyun.”

She finally turned her head towards me, but her eyes were definitely looking past me.

Her eyes looked lost.

She turned away as slowly as she turned to me.

She looked down the road as if searching for someone. 

Her arms slowly brought Hani towards me, and I took Hani quietly into mine. Hani looked just as if more out of it than Soohyun did. She quietly sniffed away in my arms.

“What the hell happened Soohyun?” I asked more frustrated than before.

Soohyun remained quiet, staring into the distance as if she couldn’t hear me.

She slowly rose from the ground.

“Soohyun? What are you doing?”

Then she finally spoke, “I’ll be back.”

And she sprinted off into the distance.

 

Soohyun’s POV

After sprinting down the block, followed my instincts and turned right at the next building and headed down to the main road. There, at the corner of my eyes, Hani’s mother entered a cab.

crap crap crap..............

Knowing it was too late to run too her, I frantically waved my hands about in search to find another empty cabbie. Luck was on my side and soon I was off trailing behind her cab.

Only until we had successfully made our way only a few cars behind Hani’s omma’s that I released the nerves in my chest and I realized that Hani’s Mr Bunny was still clutched tightly in my hands.

I brought Mr Bunny closer to take a look. For as long as I’ve known Hani, I’ve known this blue little rabbit with a red bow tie like detective conan. It used to be nice and fluffy, almost handsome looking for as far as these toys go. But after the years of tea parties and accompany lady Hani, he’s clearly lost some of his youth. His red bow was almost falling off.

“Don’t worry Mr Bunny. Hani will be fine. I’ll make sure this won’t ever happen again.....” I muttered quietly.

“Agasshi, the car before us has stopped. Do you want me to stop there too?”

I looked up from Mr bunny. We were in some kind of isolated neighborhood now. The road was narrow allowing the old, worn down buildings to hover above me. It was dark in area as if the sun shined everywhere in soul except here.....and hardly anyone was in sight.

As much as I didn’t want to get out, I turned to the driver, “yes please park here. Gamsamnida Ajusshi, how much is the ride?”

 

……………………………………………

 

 

I made my way carefully down the alleyways passing some old, run down barber shops and shady convenient stores. I didn’t know whether or not these shops were open as they were all tightly shut as if not wanting anyone to go inside.

I had lost Hani’s mother as I was paying the cab driver.

What the do you do now Lee Soohyun? I smacked my head in annoyance.

I scanned my surrounding to see if there was anyone I could ask for directions but amongst the very limited number of people here and there, not a single one seemed will for strangers to approach them. They all had the same expression: head down and minding their own business.

This place was strange.It was so different to the busy and bubbly Seoul outside.

A few more steps down the block and things started getting shadier. There was a linger of smoke in the air mixed in with the sour stench of the piles of rubbish on the road side. No one was around and all the shops and buildings around me felt uninhabited. The windows were dark, almost black. Either no one was in them or the people in them are so courteous that they lived without making a single damn noise.

What is this place?

And then, I felt this this weird tingling sensation down my spine as if I was being spied on.

.

I bit my lips nervously, as I quickly made a u-turn on the spot and prepared to head back the way I came from. I trusted my senses more than I trust anything else. And my gut is telling me to get the hell out of here.

Then, although very quiet, I heard footsteps close by. And before I could react to check who it was or to run away, I felt an arm drag me into the shadows. I screamed but their hand clamped tightly on my mouth, not letting a single sound escape.

“Shhh........ don’t speak,” the voice warned me.

 

 

………………………………………………..

 

 

 “Hani’s omma,” my eyes widened in surprise.

“What are you doing here?” She hissed under her breath as her hand clamped tightly against my wrist.

“About Hani, I wanted to speak to you.....”

“Wait.” She peeped around the corner carefully before turning around back to me with a stern expression, “we can’t talk here. It’s not safe.”

She gave me one more look before sighing, “follow me.”

I followed her silently as she maneuvered skillfully down dark aisles that stunk of the sewer. She moved through the place as if it was the back of her hand.

Did she live here?

She stopped in front of what looked like a run down factory and turned around to me. “When we go inside, you do not speak a word to anyone do you hear me? And keep your eyes on the ground.”

I nodded quietly.

Then she reached for my pony tail and pulled my hair out.

“The pony tail makes you look too neat. It’s way too obvious that you don’t belong here.”

And then she messed my hair up a bit.

“That’s better,” she sighed, “remember what I said.”

 

 

……….

 

 

I almost forgot to walk after entering the warehouse and seeing what lied within.

It was just....just.....groups and groups of what seemed like homeless people. Many of them, disabled, missing a leg or an arm, or even both, dressed in what you no longer can make out as clothes....all cramped together inside this warehouse. Some were sitting near a small makeshift camp fire burning inside a metal bin while others rested upon thin sheets of cardboard and plastic bags.

But all this wasn’t the most shocking, nor was the smell. What shocked me the most was the sheer number of children there; children, who should be going to school, should be healthy and fit, should be smiling and laughing and running around, oblivious to the hard ships of the world. But instead, they gather here in this rundown warehouse, thin and pale with glassy eyes so remotely of those of a child. And then, I thought of Hani.

Until I met eye contact with a boy close by, had I realized why Hani’s omma had told me to keep my eyes down.

The second the little boy saw me, as if by nature, or some through some cruel disciplining, he crawled towards me and began tugging at my jeans.

“Beautiful Agassi good deeds bring good luck, won’t you spare some change to cure my mother’s illness? Good deeds bring good luck, won’t you spare some change to cure.....“ He was panting heavily as he spoke.

I felt a tug at my hands, and Hani’s omma was scowling at me.

“I told you to keep your eyes down.”

I stayed silent, as I dropped my head and trailed behind her steps to the back of the warehouse.

Behind me, the little boy repeated his lines over and over again as if he was a robot. And gradually his voice became some distant calling until Hani’s mother opened a door and we headed inside.

“This is the woman’s quarter, we’d be relatively safer in here. They don’t tend to come inside.”

“They as in the people outside?”

“No, not them. I’m talking about the gang that controls this neighborhood: Big Bang.”

Big Bang? Sounded familiar.....

“Ah, Jisoo unnie you’re back,” a girl, similar age to me, appeared from behind one of the curtain dividers than separated this cramped room into smaller spaces.

“Neh, Kunnie, can you keep watch for me, I need to talk in private for a while.”

“Neh noona,” the girl called Kunnie gave me a quick glance before heading outside.

 

“You shouldn’t have come,” Hani’s omma turned around to me, her arms tightly folded across her chest.

“But Hani, she really-“

She cut my words off, “Hani, will have a better life at the orphanage.”

“But you’re her mother. How can she be happy with a life without her mother? Do you know what she was like after-“

“Do you want Hani to end up like those children out there,” Hani’s mother’s suddenly became very loud and frustrated and she started breathing heavily.

“Jisoo-shi, is it alright if I call you that?” She nodded and I continued, “I apologize if I’m coming across as nosy but Hani is very important to me and I cherish her a lot like you do too.”

“I’m sorry for raising my voice at you,” She ran her fingers through her hair, “it’s just very difficult for me to have a family right now.”

I reached to touch her hands, and found them icy cold, “ you can always get help and support. I’m sure you can-“

She shook my hands away, “ I can’t. I just can’t. Please, I’m very sorry.” She looked away and hugged herself tightly. “you should leave now before they find out.”

“I-“ Jisoo-shi pushed me towards the door which suddenly flew open with the girl from before, panting and wide eyed.

“Quick get her out of here! The boss found out, they’re-“

The girl was suddenly shoved aside by a large pair of hands.

 “ Well, who is this young lady you brought into our territory Jisoo? Hmm? Entering my territory as if it’s some ing public facility,” a young-ish man dressed in black leather from head to toe appeared in the door way. His hair was ghostly white and contrasted greatly to the blank inks circling his around his neck and disappearing into his shirt.

Then my mind clicked and I knew where I heard Big Bang. Back in HQ, I’ve read documents about them. They were a fairly older gang that was slowly losing their place in the underground society. But their leader, G-Dragon, or by his actual name Kwon Jiyong, this man before me, was once considered the most powerful man in the gang world. This was all before larger organizations like EXO and Talon appeared.

“Jiyong she was just about to leave....” Jisoo-shi tried to push me through the door way but G-Dragon kicked the door frame to block me making Jisoo-shi shrudder behind me.

Then suddenly, his hand suddenly grabbed onto her face and yanked her forward towards him. He pulled her in so close that their faces were almost touching. It would’ve looked intimate minus his bone chilling glare and expressionless face.

“Jisoo...” His thin white fingers traced down her face, “I heard that you ran away today...hm?”

“ I-I’m back aren’t I?”

“Don’t bull me!” G-Dragon threw her onto the floor but I was quick enough to catch her before she fell onto the ground.

“And you,” G-Dragon narrowed his eyes on me. The way he looked at me was many times scarier than any man I’ve seen before. And he smiled a vicious, menacing, amused smile as if he knew everything about me. “The hottest topic in the underground society: 18 years old brings down Dragon Head’s right hand man without a single hit.”

He crouched low next to me with an amused smile, “don’t we have a lot to talk about.”

 

………………………………………………….

 

“Soohyun, tell me, why you are intruding my territory?” G-Dragon asked me as he leaned comfortably in his chair with now the other Big Bang Members standing behind him.

It was quite scary how much he knew of me, he even knew my name already.

...word spreads fast in the gang world....faster than the gossip in Luhan’s Lab.

“I... was here to see Jisoo-shi.....and I didn’t know this was your territory,” I answered while watching Jisoo-shi who was made to kneel quietly beside G-Dragon.

“Is that right Jisoo?” His hand wandered to her face again. She nodded, quietly without looking up.

“Then Soohyun, why are you here to see her?”

Jisoo-shi’s eyes met mine, begging me to stay quiet.

“I....” I began but my voice trailed off. Then I remembered Hani’s crying and pleads. And I bit my lips and blurted out, “I was persuading her to leave this place.”

G-Dragon went quiet. And suddenly he burst out laughing, as did four other men behind him. Their names, I already vividly recall, T.O.P, Taeyang, Seungri, and Daesung.  The gang-leader turned towards Jisoo-shi and pulled her close once more.

“So you have been planning to run away haven’t you? ing !” He raised his hands and swung it across her face, sending her flying onto the floor.

 

My eyes widened as I rushed forward, “what the hell are you doing?!”

“Disciplining my woman? What’s wrong with that?” The man sneered at me.

“She’s not yours.” I replied sternly as I brought Jisoo-shi closer to me.

“The hell she is. Why don’t you ask her yourself?” He smirked.

I turned towards Jisoo-shi, who looked away from me and remained quiet.

“See?” He laughed.

I felt anger boiling inside of me.

“We’re leaving. Now.” I told Jisoo-shi sternly as I pulled her with me and headed towards the door.

But she didn’t budge. “I....I can’t. Let go Soohyun,” she muttered under her breath.

G Dragon started laughing hysterically again, “I see she still has some sense in her. I thought she had already gone mad by now.”

I frowned in frustration, “why Jisoo-shi? Why won’t you leave this junk yard?”

“Like I said, I own her now. Physically and mentally.”

But I didn’t care for his words, I wanted to hear it from Jisoo herself.

 

She took a deep breath, “ two years ago...when Big Bang came into the neighborhood, those who could pay the money had the chance to leave....I....”

My jaws dropped opened, “No...that’s...that’s..” I muttered in disbelief. And then I realized why she gave me that look. Hani, she had managed to sneak Hani out without paying the money. G-Dragon didn’t know. That’s why she begged me to keep my mouth closed.

The gang leader made his way towards us and swung his arm across Jisoo-shi’s neck, “yes...you’re absolutely correct Jisoo, everything you are now is owned by Big Bang. So next time you sneak out, don’t expect to get away so easily.”

My hands curled tightly at my sides as I took in this man’s actions before me. The way he treated woman. No scratch that....all those homeless children in the warehouse....this pathetic bastard.

“ I’ll pay. I’ll pay the money for her and you’ll release her from the gang,” I marched up towards him.

“How much is it? I’ll pay it all.”

He let out a light chuckle, “sorry little girl, but it’s too late now.”

“Anything. Call the Price.”

“Soohyun.....” Jisoo-shi whispered in shock, “Stop. Don’t listen to him.”

 

G-Dragon paused and took a good look at me before continue, “ EXO has gotten themselves quite an interesting girl haven’t they?” He reached his hand and twirled the ring in his lips.

“Seungri, call a price.”

The boy with a wide cheeky smile plastered across his face jumped forward. He gave a little laugh, “I was waiting for this. How about Jiyong, let her get us the Jade Eye.”

G-Dragon smirked darkly and nodded, “not bad Seungri, you’re getting smarter.”

“That’s impossible.....” Jisoo-shi whispered under her breath as she gave G-Dragon an unbelievable look.

“ What’s the Jade Eye?” I asked but no one replied.

“That’s for you to find out and mine to have,” G-Dragon replied with a dark grin. He lazily leaned back into his seat, “That’s our deal then, in order to release Jisoo.”

“ Don’t listen to him Soohyun. He won’t release me. And it’s impossible to get the Jade Eye.”

But I ignored Jisoo-shi’s words. If this was my only option for Hani to be reunited with Jisoo, then I’ll do it.  Anything for Hani.

 

“That’s a deal then. You promise me that you’ll release Jisoo-shi once I get you the Jade Eye,” I confirmed with Big Bang’s leader who was now looking down at me as if I had already lost this game.

“Deal,” he replied. “But.....”

I frowned at his words.

He glanced at Jisoo.

“The question is can she physically leave me without screaming to come back?”

I felt Jisoo-shi’s body tense up beside me.

“What is he talking about?” I asked her.

“N-nothing...just ignore him....”

G-Dragon laughed cruelly, “too ashamed aren’t you to tell your little friend here. How much do you take these days huh? Quarter packet? One?”

“Take?” I asked as I turned around to Jisoo who wasn’t so glad about the topic so I brushed it past.

“Wait for me okay? I’ll promise to get you out of here.”

Her eyes met mine, red rimmed. And she nodded.

 

“She’s not going anyway.” G-Dragon stated coldly. “She’s addicted. Won’t you admit Jisoo? EXOTIC? Does that ring a bell?”

“EXOTIC?” I turned to Jisoo surprised. “Are you doing drugs Jisoo-shi?”

Jisoo turned away shamefully making G-D laugh.

I watched her speechlessly.....questions....frustrations....piling in my head.

“And do you know what?” G-D continued as he watched my expression, amused.

My hands turned into fists at my side, “what?”

“Working for me is the only way she can afford this little habit isn’t it?” He smiled cruelly at Jisoo.

How I wished I could just punch that smirk off his face.

Why was this world so ed up?

Just.....why?

 

“Don’t worry. I’ll get you out,” I muttered under my breath before turning to walk out.

“Wait just a second. Where do you think you’re going Soohyun?” G-Dragon’s voice fell dark. “Do you think you can barge in and out of my territory just like that?”

I took a careful step backwards as I noticed the other big bang leaders making their way forward. My hands quickly turned into fists at my side as my body shifted into a stance position.

“What do you want?” I frowned.

“Why not play a little game with us before you leave to pay your respects?” He suggested as his fingers tugged at his lip ring.

“What kind of game?” I accepted his challenge with more than enough anger boiling inside of me.

“Please....Jiyong let her go......” Jisoo pleaded beside me but was completely ignored.

“The game is simple; I’ll let you go if you make it out of this warehouse alive.”

 

 

A/N A very long chapter.... hope that satisfied you guys for this week ;3 We're nearly at the end of the year! Fightinnggggg!!!!!!