5: Say Hello To The

Until The End

Narrator's POV

"woah, why are you here so early?" Hoshi asked as he saw Woozi walk in

"I finished making a new song for our debut album and decided to go here to just freestyle, you know" Woozi said "you?"

"new choreo for the collab song with the girls" Hoshi said "I don't think we're going to see them today though"

"we're not?" Woozi asked "eh yeah, we've been hanging out with them too much lately"

"I'm not complaining, they add more fun" Hoshi said

"definitely" Woozi nodded

"you excited to hear about who Park Aeji picks?" Hoshi asked

"oh yeah, that's today" he responded "honestly, it doesn't matter much to me, she's probably going to pick Seunggwan or Seokmin if it's a vocal, if it's dancing probably you or Chan, if it's rap Seungcheol hyung or Hansol-ie. We're all thinking this too"

"you're right" Hoshi laughed in agreement then thought of something "say Jihoon-ah, what do you think of any of us dating Viv?"

"wae?" he said almost disgusted at the thought

"Viv's pretty hot" Hoshi shrugged "I don't know if it's because she's from America or whatever, but her boo-"

"don't say that around me" Woozi said darkly. Hoshi was at the ground, hand over his cheek in surprise. Woozi took a breath "mian Soonyoung-ah, I don't know what happened"

"neither do I" Hoshi said grabbing his hand to stand up "don't worry Jihoon-ah, none of us would ever think of dating Viv"

"good" he said way too quickly "it's just not a picture I want to see"

After a few hours, the whole group was in the practice room, doing whatever the hell they usually would. It was only until someone knocked on the door, that they tensed and stood in an orderly line.

"hello boys" a man said. Seventeen said their greeting to both him and the girl on his right.

"annyeonghaseyo, Park Aeji imnida" she kindly smiled at them "so, I'm planning on making a pre-debut single and I am personally asking Woozi-ssi to take part and collab with me"

"me?" Woozi asked surprised

"deh, so what do you say?" Aeji asked

"I don't know" Woozi said uncertain

"please Woozi-ssi? you're the only one I want to work with on this" she said, pouting

After a few nudges and words of encouragement, he agreed "sure, I guess"

"perfect" Aeji beamed "we start working on it tomorrow. See you until then, it was nice meeting you all"

"that was...unexpected" Woozi spoke when she left

"you don't even want to do it, do you?" S.Coups asked and he nodded

"I have better things I can do for our group" Woozi answered

"this is something for us too, hyung" Dino said getting a pat on the back from the boy

***

The next morning, we join the girls who are already in the practice room, dancing away to a mashup of an A-Pink song, Girls' Generation song, and Red Velvet song.

"good job girls, take 5" Sori said stopping the music. Vi checked her phone, a little upset that there were no messages.

"what's with the long face, unnie?" Lihua asked

"ani it's nothing, I just thought we were supposed to practice with Seventeen today" she answered

"we are, but later." Sori said "we're not going to do much for practice anyway, just listen to the track Jihoon produced"

"you know, I'm jealous of you Vivi-ah" XiaoMei said

"waeyo unnie?" she asked, surprised

"your boyfriend is one hell of a producer, he makes music like a hen laying eggs" XiaoMei said

"okay I don't agree with the boyfriend part, but I agree with the producer part" Vi said

"let's run the mashup a few more times and then go meet the boys" Sori aid and the girls stood up, ready once more.

***

"knock knock" Yumi said as she walked in Seventeen's practice room. The 12 boys happily greeted the 7 girls and vice versa

"hm? Jihoonie-neun eodi?" Vi asked, noticing that he was gone

"upstairs in Aeji-ssi's practice room" Joshua said

"wae oppa?" she asked

"he didn't tell you? he got picked to do the collaboration with her" Joshua said

"let's listen to the track guys, Jihoon just sent it to me" S.Coups said connecting his phone to the speakers. The 19 of them listened with concentration, subconsciously bobbing their head to the beat and rhythm. Afterwards, the group - of course - had a mutual liking to it, satisfied with the job that Woozi has done once again.

"we really shouldn't discuss more without Jihoon here" Sori said

"I agree, noona" Hoshi said as the boy choreographer. When collaborating, Hoshi and Vi were usually the choreographers, doing each gender's separately and combining when doing the same. "right Viv?"

"what?" Vi looked at him, waking up from her thoughts

"bwoyah, you okay?" Wonwoo asked and she nodded

"yeah sorry, just thinking" Vi said

"well...I guess we're done" S.Coups said "you girls are more than welcome to stay and hang out, we have nothing else to do anyway"

"we finished our practice earlier so sure" Sori said

***

"-what do you think?" Aeji asked paying attention to Woozi who was intensely listening to the music playing from the speakers

"sorry, I was trying to get into the melody" he said

"we can do the song tomorrow, we should get to know each other first" Aeji beamed "you can't have good chemistry with a partner without knowing them first"

"uh...what do you suppose we do then" he said awkwardly

"let's go and just get to know each other" she said standing up and grabbing her things "like a date"

"uh I'd rather not call it that" Woozi said as nicely as he can "more like a business meeting"

"come on, don't be so formal" she said grabbing his arm, which he flinched away. The two of them walked to the nearby coffee place, the one which Woozi knows as Vi's favorite coffee place. He walked a good distance away from Aeji, feeling more uncomfortable when she came closer to him "what year are you born in?"

"1996" he answered playing with the cup in front of him

"oh?" Aeji said, her eyes disappearing as she kept smiling at him "you're an oppa, I'm born in 1997"

"ah" he nodded, trying to be interested. Woozi wanted to leave and go back to the dorm, or the practice room.

"may I call you oppa?" she asked

"Woozi-ssi is fine" he declined

"please? let's be more comfortable with each other oppa, talk banmal to me" Aeji urged "I don't mind-"

"oh Viv-ya, Soonyoung-ah" Woozi stood up, a smile of relief shown on his face. Vi and Hoshi were talking about choreography for the collaboration and wanted coffee.

"Jihoon-ah" Vi greeted him with a hug

"we missed you earlier at practice" Hoshi said "we didn't do much because we didn't want to do thing without you"

"me? wae?" Woozi asked with a chuckle

"you're our short center" Hoshi teased making Woozi scowl at him

"annyeonghaseyo" Aeji stood up

"ah annyeonghaseyo" the two dancers bowed

"I know Hoshi-ssi, but you are?" Aeji asked

"I'm Vivian, a member of girl group, Epitome" Vi said

"ah..pleasure" Aeji said, a hint of sarcasm in her voice. Vi caught it quickly, using the opportunity to slip her arm around Woozi's. Aeji looked at the skinship in anger

"Jihoon-ah, the track you made is really good" Vi said "we definitely still need to do a track together"

"yeah, for sure-"

"I'm sorry, but we're sorta working on our collaboration right now" Aeji cut him off

"sorry for bothering" Hoshi said getting the two coffees from the counter

"text me later Jihoon-ah" Vi said giving him another hug, whispering "we'll wait 5 minutes for you, outside"

"c'mon Viv-ya" Hoshi said handing her a cup

"it was nice meeting you" Vi sent a fake smile at Aeji

"you too" Aeji responded

***

They walked out and just like promised, waited for Woozi to come out - which definitely didn't take long.

"she's an angel" Vi said sarcastically rolling her eyes

"thank God you guys showed up" Woozi said putting arms around both Vi and Hoshi

"she seemed nice" Hoshi shrugged

"you know how I am with girls, we just don't really click" Woozi said "there she was asking if she could call me oppa and I was just uncomfortable"

"um excuse you, what am I then?" Vi scoffed

"you and Epitome are a different story" Woozi said pushing her head with his finger

"you're such a wuss then" Vi said "I get along just fine with boys"

"I can tell" Woozi said "your brother surely can't be happy about that"

"you're my only guy friend that oppa knows about" Vi said

"hello, I'm still here guys" Hoshi said butting into their conversation

"so what were you guys doing?" Woozi asked

"getting coffee, talking about choreography" Hoshi answered

"fun" Woozi said "I totally owe you guys for saving my "

"does that mean you owe us something?" Vi smiled

"depends on what you want" Woozi sighed. Hoshi asked him to clean his stuff for 2 weeks. "deal, Viv?"

"hm...I don't know, can I save it for later?" she asked

"sure" he chuckled "is everyone still at the practice room?"

"probably" Hoshi answered

"I'm actually going to head back to the dorm" Vi said "probably get started on cooking dinner for the girls"

"I'll go with you Viv-ya" Woozi said "see you later Soonyoung-ah"

"don't get kidnapped" Hoshi said giving Vi a hug goodbye "see you later"

"bye-ing" Vi waved as she and Woozi started walking. For some reason, the atmosphere between them was a bit different, barely different but one that Vi noticed. "are you okay?"

"me? yeah, just a tad annoyed" he shrugged "wae? Are you okay?"

"of course I'm okay" Vi said. They began walking in silence, speaking once they arrived at the girls' dorm "we're here"

"yup, so what are you making?" Woozi asked getting her apron. She thanked him and wore it before washing her hands

"uh, probably make some salad and pesto" she said

"wow, chef-nim, what do you need help with?" he asked. Vi opened the fridge and took out the vegetables

"wash these for me will you? And cut them up. After you're done, soak them in the colander with cold water" Vi ordered. Woozi nodded and went to work as she began boiling water. Unable to cook in a quiet environment, she connected her phone to the speaker and began to play some music

"hey I made this" Woozi said recognizing one of the songs he arranged. She nodded "you listen to my songs?"

"They're really good" Vi answered, her back him.

"aw nae chingu-ya" Woozi grinned giving her a backhug. She rolled her eyes and pushed him off, he whined "Viv-ya"

"finish the salad" she said boiling the noodles. "so Aeji-ssi. She's pretty"

"I guess" Woozi shrugged "can we not talk about her?"

"yeah, sorry" Vi said focusing on the dinner

***

The next few days were simple: practice and go home. Seventeen and Epitome would spend the later half of their practices with each other to work on the collaboration. Woozi was constantly with Aeji every day, hence he would not be one of the dancers. It was 12-7, one girl would only have one partner - Vi (that partner was Hoshi). Today was Friday, an off day, and Vi was currently waiting in the coffee shop, penny board wrapped on the table, for her brother. She was too busy on her phone to notice the blonde-dyed boy walking towards her

"I knew it was you, I'd recognize your red hair anywhere" Mark said ruffling his sister's hair. She grinned, standing up to give him a long-awaited hug.

"I missed you so much oppa, we definitely need to catch up" Vi said ushering him to sit down, she grabbed the penny board "but first, igeo"

"what's this?" He asked skeptically taking it

"open it oppa, it's a gift" she said

"gift? wae? Sis you didn't have to" he laughed

"I wanted to oppa" she said "now open it"

Reluctantly he did, his smile broadening when he realized what it was. Mark hugged her again "have I ever told you that you're my favorite baby sister?"

"I'm your only baby sister" she chuckled "let's order? I'm thirsty"

"let me, just sit here and look pretty" Mark said

"that's not hard" Vi joked making him laugh as he walked to the counter. Aw she missed her brother, sure she had brother-like friends, but it wasn't the same as the real deal. She and Mark were always the closest between all their siblings, it just wouldn't be the same if they didn't go to Korea together.

"one grande nonfat iced chai, light ice" Mark said handing her the cup

"you're the best" Vi said gladly taking the cup and sipping out of it contently "so, elders first. How is everything? The boys, fans, any relationships, tell me"

He chuckled, taking a drink out of his macchiato before answering her "everything's good, I'm a bit tired all the time, but that's the cost of fame isn't it? Oh and loss of privacy, but I think I'm doing a good job of that right now. The boys are still as stupid and playful as ever, what do you expect? Fans are good fans are good. And relationships? As in girls? Hm..because you're my darling princess, I'll tell you that oppa does like someone and it's going well"

"Who?" She asked excitedly

"It's a secret" he winked making her complain "shush, you'll fun out soon enough, so how about you?"

"I've been better" she said truthfully

He frowned, "the teasing thing with Jihoon still?"

"There's something else" Vi said "oppa, Jihoon's doing something with Park Aeji, like a collaboration and he's literally dedicated every spare time he has to working with her and I just feel so sketchy about her like he won't even answer my texts and...ugh molla"

"you miss him?" Mark asked and she nodded. He sighed "Vi, are you sure you don't like him?"

"Oppa, I'm sure" she said "how would I know if I like him anyway?"

"It feels different" he said becoming solemn "you start to notice the littlest things and just want to be around them all the time. Whenever you talk to them, you become happy. Everything they do suddenly attracts you and you begin to feel woozy around them. It's a good different, they make you laugh more and smile more and it's a good feeling"

"wow" Vi said agape staring at her brother in awe "this girl...you like her a lot don't you?"

"A lot" Mark nodded his head "I'm not going to say I love her, we're all too young for love - especially you Vivian Tuan - but I do like her a lot"

"Jihoon...I don't know oppa" she sighed "he's someone special to me, he's the only guy friend I've introduced to you oppa, if he wasn't special I wouldn't have done that. When-"

She stopped talking, her eyes glued to the door. Mark looked confused "wae? What's wrong?"

He turned around to look at the door as well, spotting Woozi and Aeji. Knowing very well that being in the same presence with them would upset his sister, he stood up with his coffee in hand. Mark handed Vi her cup and nudged at her penny board while he grabbed his "what are you doing?"

"let's roam, being inside this place too long will be bad for you anyway" Mark answered. Unfortunately, the two did spot them, Aeji and Woozi looking surprised at the sight of the two siblings. Mark protectively put his arm around Vi, who was trying to look at anywhere but them

"Vi-ssi, nice to see you again" Aeji smiled. Vi wanted to smack her right then and there. Mark tightened his hold on his sister, knowing how feisty she can actually be. "Mark sunbaenim, it's a pleasure to meet you"

"I'm sorry, I don't know you" Mark said a bit too coldly than intentioned, but that was fine. She was taken aback at his remark. Mark proceeded to nod at the boy "Jihoon"

"annyeonghaseyo Mark hyung-nim" Woozi said "Viv-ya, I didn't know you'd be here"

"well isn't that a surprise" Vi said coldly before turning to her brother "oppa, kaja-"

"Sunbaenim, may I get a picture with you? I'm a big fan. I'm Park Aeji" Aeji interrupted

"I'm sorry, but my sister and I desperately need to catch up. I'm afraid I missed her so much when doing promotions" Mark said pulling Vi out, they were able to catch Aeji turn to Woozi with a surprised 'sister?!'. Looking at the way she hastily went on her penny board, going away from the coffee shop, he knew there was something wrong. Deciding to ignore it for now, he went in front of her and lead to a nearby park. They both sat down on the swings, thankful that kids were still in school "there's something you're not telling me"

"I don't like her" Vi said simply

"That much I can guess" Mark said "sis, what happened"

"it was Wednesday" she started to confess "Jihoon and I agreed to start working on this song together, so he told me to go to the studio. I went there only to see Aeji already sitting next to his seat, but Jihoon wasn't there. She started calling me names, telling me to back off Jihoon, said I was a and just a lot of things, it really pissed me off. The best part is when she pulled out a feather pen"

"h-how did she-"

"I don't know, but I started freaking out and left before Jihoon could show up" Vi said, hugging herself.  She stopped swinging a long time ago. Mark knelt in front of her, comfortingly rubbing her arm. He enveloped her in a hug, hoping to calm her nerves with even the littlest words. Mark frowned, he hoped that day wouldn't resurface, but sadly it came.


A/N
[7-6-15]
many hellos~ someone please tell me that they have Seventeen's KTR subbed. I'm literally dying to see it.

oh and self promotion, go follow my new Seventeen ig account @seventeen_trash