13: Overprotective Brother

Until The End

Narrator's POV

"-jigeum? Jihoon-ah, I can't right now" Vi said through the phone as she applied her eyeliner "and no, you can't come over my apartment either"

"ah wae?" he whined "I haven't seen you in so long, I miss you"

"it's been three days" Vi chuckled

"you know, you're supposed to say you miss me too" Woozi grumbled

"hm, but do I miss you?" she teased making him complain "I'm just kidding, of course I miss you"

"yah, why do I feel like you hate me more now that we both confessed?" Woozi asked

"now why would I hate you, Lee Jihoon?" Vi scoffed putting on lib balm

"you're not coming to see me" Woozi whined

"you're such a big baby" she laughed "I already made dinner plans, if I didn't I would go to your studio right away"

"yah, you're not seeing another man are you?" he accused

"I am" she answered casually

"bwoh? who?" he questioned

"my brother" Vi rolled her eyes "I'll text you later, Jihoonie, annyeong~"

"arasso, bye" Woozi said hanging up

Vi grinned 'I can't believe I like that whining idiot'. She sighed and grabbed her bag before leaving her apartment and heading to the coffee shop. Today, she was going to tell Mark about what happened with Woozi and also discuss about his relationship.

"oppa" Vi grinned, walking towards him

"wah, you changed your hair" Mark noticed ruffling it affectionately

"you too" she said before they sat down

Mark eyed her curiously, "is it me or did something really good happen to you?"

"what do you mean oppa?" she smiled

"alright, spill it princess" Mark crossed his arms "you're basically glowing"

"oppa, don't you want to eat first?" she asked trying to change the topic

"what can we eat here? it's a coffee shop" he said smartly

"there's a lot" she said standing up "I'm gonna go order, you sit here and look handsome"

"already one step ahead of you" Mark smirked as she went to the counter. After 10 minutes, she returned with some light snacks and their drinks.

"one Americano with 3 pumps of caramel" Vi said handing him the drink. He thanked her and took a sip "so, you and Sori unnie about what, 1 year?"

"I knew this was gonna get brought up" Mark said awkwardly

"thanks for telling me" she said a bit bitter

"I'm sorry sis, we didn't tell anyone about it" Mark sighed "I know either of us should have at least told you, she's your leader and I'm your brother"

"how did you keep it hidden for a year? and...why?" she asked

"everyone has their secrets, you just have to be good at keeping them" Mark said "why? because I know what I have with Sori is special and I don't want to give it up even if I'm an idol. I know that's selfish, but...maybe you have to be selfish sometimes if you want to be happy"

"I never thought you would be one to say that, oppa" Vi said "you're so giving and humble"

"there are different sides to every person" he said taking another sip "speaking about secrets and sides, what's yours?"

"Jihoon and I are dating" she said deciding to spill it

Mark sighed "I guess I knew this was going to happen soon enough"

"that didn't sound pretty" Vi said

"I'm not gonna ask you how this happened or whatever, but I will let you know that I'm not happy with it" Mark said warming up for his lecture "Jihoon's just debuting and you're near yours as well, no one will approve of this relationship sis, your company won't allow it right away-"

"you're one to talk, so what are you going to do with your relationship?" Vi stared at him

"Vivian, do not interrupt me when I'm talking to you" Mark said seriously "you're only 18. Both of you have no idea what you're doing"

"and you think you do? Mark you're only 3 years older than me. Sometimes, I act more mature than you do" Vi said "I've known Jihoon for 6 years, it's not like we're strangers to each other"

"but friends and boyfriend-girlfriend is different. If people know you're friends, that's okay. But if people find out you're in a relationship, both of your careers will be over before it even started" Mark said "this isn't like the States, sis. People don't easily accept idols in relationships"

"what do you expect me to do? You're being such a hypocrite right now, didn't you just say that you need to be selfish sometimes?" Vi asked slowly getting frustrated with her brother "you're not that far in your career either and we haven't even debuted yet. So don't tell me that I'm jeopardizing myself"

"have you ever thought that you might be jeopardizing Jihoon's career as well?" Mark said "if you really care about both of your futures, you wouldn't get into this relationship"

"well I guess it's too late, isn't it?" Vi said "Mark, I like Jihoon. I really like him. I've liked him for a long time. I thought as my brother, you'd at least try and understand me"

"Vivian, listen to me. You're too young" Mark pleaded "having a relationship like this, your first relationship, it's the wrong timing and it will get in the way"

"you're being so unfair, Mark" Vi crossed her arms "what makes your relationship any different than mine? What makes you okay to be in one and not okay for me?"

"I know what's best for you sis, I'm your brother and I'm older than you" Mark sighed "I'm only trying to look out for you, you're still such a baby"

"I'm 18!" she stood up "I'm really starting to get sick of your babying, please do me a favor and out of my business. If you're allowed to be in a relationship with Sori unnie then I'm allowed to be in a relationship with Jihoon and there's nothing you can do to stop me"

"Vivian, Vivian come back here-"

Mark was interrupted by the girl grabbing her cup and walking out the door. He groaned in frustration, running his hands through his hair.

***

"I hate him" Vi complained crossing her arms as she thrashed around on the couch. Woozi listened intently, his chair facing her "I never expected Mark to say that, he's being such a hypocrite, I hate him. Yah, say something"

"I honestly don't know what to say" Woozi shrugged

"ahh" she whined "Jihoon-ah, don't tell me you agree with him"

"it's not that I agree, but your brother does have a point" he said carefully.

Vi sat up, staring at him "what are you trying to say?"

"I'm not trying to say anything" Woozi shrugged turning around to face the computer and the keyboard. She might have been thinking brashly, but Vi stood up and grabbed her bag, exiting the studio without a word. Turning around to see that she was no longer there, Woozi bolted out of the studio catching her just before she left the building

"Jihoon-ah, let go" Vi sighed "please"

"no, I obviously ed up with something I said and I'm not going to watch you walk out that door without knowing why" he said "what's wrong?"

"I don't know, maybe my brother was right. Maybe we should break up, it's for the best of our careers, right?" she said boldly "4 days isn't technically a relationship, right?"

His face dropped as soon as she said it "b-but Viv I like you, I really like you, we've been friends for years and now that I realize my feelings...we can't end just like that"

"I never said that we were ending our friendship, but maybe a realtionship is too much for now" Vi said "tell me honestly Jihoon-ah, you've never lied to me. What is more important right now, your career? or a relationship?"

"I'm sorry" he said "but my career"

"I would have said the same" she nodded

"so what? are we breaking up? just like that?" Woozi asked, the pain definitely apparent on his face

She frowned and went in to kiss him, maybe for the last time "mianhe Jihoon-ah, but oppa's words are getting to me. He's right eventhough he's breaking his own lecture. I don't want to be the reason for ruining your career. You've worked so hard for it, I know. We'll still be friends, right?"

He nodded, holding her hand tighter. "best friends"

"you should return to your studio" she said fighting the tears that were trying to fall. "I'm gonna head on home"

"it's late, I don't want you walking home alone" he said

"it's only 9" she said "I'll be fine"

"arasso" he said "be careful"

***

"no, no, Vivi" Yumi said hugging her "why?"

"I don't know" she sobbed "I thought Mark oppa's words were bull, but then when Jihoon said that he had a point, I started thinking about it and he's right. My brother's always right and usually I follow him, but with this, I regret everything"

"Vivi...is this what you want?" Yumi asked

"no it's not what I want, but it's what's right" Vi said "a relationship isn't what he needs right now. Jihoon needs to focus on Seventeen and their music and whatever the hell they're doing, I'm not going to be a distraction"

"God, you're making me rethink my own relationship" Yumi muttered

"nonono, I'm sorry Yumi-ah, I-I didn't mean to do that. You've been going at it for 5, almost 6 months! Me and Jihoon were just officially 4 days, don't throw yours away" Vi said "and I know it, you love Soonyoung, I can see it in the way you talk about him and in the way you look at him. You're head over heels and don't let my decision influence yours"

"but what you're saying is absolutely right" Yumi said

"Yumi-ah, let me do what is right. You do what your heart desires. I'll help you if anything goes wrong, just like how I'll help Xei unnie or Sori unnie" Vi said

"but you and Jihoon were so perfect for each other" she said

"maybe, but if we're 'so perfect for each other' then in the future, we'll try again"

"I'm gonna yell at your brother" Yumi said taking Vi's phone, dialling his number

"yeobosayo? Sis, are you okay? I didn't mean to-"

"Mark oppa! because of you, Vivi's crying!" Yumi yelled

"oh? wae?" he asked worriedly

"she broke up with Jihoon! like what you want" Yumi sighed "oppa, why couldn't you just be a bit more supportive of her? Vivi really liked Jihoon. We've waited years for this to happen"

"Yumi-ah, I want my sister to be happy. Trust me, Vi's happiness is so important to me, she's my little princess, but-okay there's two stand points" Mark sighed "one, I'm not ready for her to have a boyfriend yet. Especially with what happened when she was younger? Vi may think she's grown up at 18, but to me she's still my little sister. I don't want to bring it up again Yumi-ah, but when both you and Jihoon got mad at her, it killed her, you know how much Vi wants to be a performer, but she even went all the way back home, because it hurt her so much here, you and Jihoon both hurt her so much, and knowing that it was Jihoon that was her boyfriend, I wasn't so sure"

"deh.." Yumi said quietly

"second, we all have committed ourselves to being idols. We commit ourselves to our fans and to the media. If anyone finds out about her relationship with Jihoon, not only will both of them get hate, but also both of your groups. My sister is so talented, I don't want her talent to go to waste just because of a dating scandal" he said "I know what I'm saying contradicts everything that I'm doing, but I just don't want Vi to go through the stress of having to hide all the time. Trust me, Yumi-ah. I'm doing this because I care for her, not because I want her to be upset"

"deh oppa" she nodded "I'll tell Vivi to talk to you later"

"please make sure she's okay for me" Mark said before hanging up

"well...that didn't go as I planned" Yumi said "I was ready to curse at your brother and , but then he gave me this whole explanation and I'm like..wow. Talk to him, Vivi-ah. He knows what he's doing"


A/N

[7-20-15]

God dammit Mark Tuan amiright?
I'm kidding, Mark's my ultimate, pls slay me

Don't worry though, they'll somehow find their way back to each other lmao. What's a story without drama???