1: Epitome

Until The End

Narrator's POV

The beat started off as intense, then changed to playful and upbeat as the 4 girls danced precisely to the music

towards the middle of the routine, 3 girls walked into the practice room, completing the girl group. 

"wah, uri maknaes" the eldest, Sori, grinned with pride. She slung her arm around another girl who was busy eating pepero, XiaoMei.

"Vivi-ah, you look bored!" another, Yumi, laughed. The said girl stuck her tongue out in response, finishing the dance strongly with her 3 other members. The youngest girls panted gladly receiving the water that the eldest three gave them.

"yah, stop picking on me Yumi-ah" Vi scoffed lightly hitting her arm. The Japanese girl only laughed, pinching her cheek "hajima"

"you're so cute though" Yumi said "your cheeks are so chubby Vivi-ah"

Vi swatted her hands away "we've been working on this for hours, can we take a break?"

"sure" XiaoMei nodded "our maknaes have been working so hard"

"what have you unnies been doing?" the youngest, Minji, asked

Yumi answered "while you guys were dancing, we were learning a duet"

"but there's three of you" another girl, Lihua, raised her eyebrows

"I was sleeping" XiaoMei said causing the rest of the girls to laugh

"oh I haven't told you girls yet, Seventeen wants to have an outing with us" Sori said

"when?" the last member, Ayana, asked curiously

"tomorrow I think?" Sori said "what time is it now?"

"11 pm, unnie" Minji answered

"we should get to sleep" Yumi said

Sori nodded "we have to get up at 5"

"5? wae?" XiaoMei said surprised

"we need to go to the airport and the flight's at 7" Sori said

"flight? we're not even packed, unnie where are we going?" Ayana said, agape

"it's like the Jeju of China, I heard" Sori said "molla, just when we get back to the dorm, pack a few clothes, we'll only be there a couple of days"

"you girls go ahead" Vi said as the 6 gathered to leave

"don't tell me you're going to keep practicing, unnie" Lihua said "c'mon, let's just go home"

"I'll just follow" Vi said waving them away. The rest of the girls knew better than to pry her away, so they reluctantly agreed and left Vi alone in the practice room.

There were 7 of them in this girl group, they haven't debuted yet, just trainees. 2 Koreans, 2 Chinese, 2 Japanese, and 1 American. It was a multi-cultural group. The 2 Koreans were Han Sori and Kim Minji. Sori was the eldest, born in 1994 (20) . She was like the mother, she was usually the one that woke the girls up in the morning and took care of them unconditionally throughout the day. Sori specialized mainly in vocals and composing. Minji was the maknae, born in 1999 (15). She was, of course, the baby of the group and all the girls treasured her. Minji specialized in rapping and dancing. The 2 Chinese were Fan XiaoMei and Mai Lihua. XiaoMei was born in 1995 (19). She's the laziest member, but is the one that keeps everyone in check when Sori cannot. XiaoMei specializes in rapping and composing. Lihua was born in 1998 (16), the moodmaker of the group. She specialized in dancing and variety. The 2 Japanese were Kawaii Yumi and Tomiyato Ayana. Yumi was born in 1996 (18) and was the fashionista of the group, she was basically their stylist. She specializes in vocals and fashion. Ayana was born in 1997 (17) and is their 4D cutie, she's always a surprise keeping the girls on their feet. She specializes in dancing and rapping. The American was Vivian Tuan. She was born in 1996 (18) and is the chef of the group. She likes to dabble in everything, having talent in all vocals, dancing, and rapping. She mainly specializes in dancing and is the choreographer for new routines. The age order goes from
Sori -> XiaoMei -> Yumi -> Vi -> Ayana -> Lihua -> Minji
Alone, they couldn't survive, but together they make a perfect harmony. They call themselves Epitome.

Vi was blasting music in the room, only stopping when she noticed her phone light up. Going to it, she let out a small smile and answered the phone "ello?"

"how is my lovely baby sister doing at 12:44 in the morning?" he hyperly greeted

"12:44? is it actually that time already?" she asked surprised

"why? somewhere you need to go Vi?" Mark asked worriedly

"ani, nevermind. And I'm doing fine oppa, thanks for asking. How about you? GOT7's really busy nowadays" Vi said sliding down the mirrors to sit down.

"I've been better Vi, a little bit homesick" he shrugged "usually if I'm homesick, we hang out, but I've been traveling and you're a practice-holic"

"bogoshipo oppa" Vi sighed sadly

"I miss you too, sis" Mark frowned "we need to hang out soon. Call up mom and dad and the others you know? Or just talk and catch up"

"when are you free? I have an outing tomorrow, but I'm pretty sure I can be free for one day next week" she asked

"I have an off day Friday, next week" he answered "let's meet up, have some brother-sister bonding time"

"teach me some of your flips, you promised you would" Vi said adamently

"sure" Mark nodded "you're practicing right now, aren't you Vi?"

"me?" she said looking around the empty practice room "what would make you think-"

"is there anyone here?" someone knocked opening the door. Vi stood up with a start, bowing her head to the boy "oh? Viv-ya. What are you doing here?"

"busted" Mark smirked on the other line

"oppa, I'll talk to you later. Love you, mwah" Vi said

"go home and sleep! don't forget to brush your teeth and-"

She cut him off in the middle of his rapid-fire nags, turning to the boy who began to speak again "did I interrupt something? You didn't have to end your call"

"gwenchana" Vi said "it was just my brother. I was about to leave too"

"you never answered my question" he said "what are you doing here?"

"practicing. I think the better question here, Jihoon-ah, is what are you doing here? Don't you have an outing tomorrow?" she said getting her belongings

"same reason as you" Woozi said, helping her lock up by the turning off the surround sound system "yah, you have an outing too"

"komawo" Vi said closing the door behind them "I'll see you tomorrow then?"

"jamkamman, you're an 18 year old girl walking in the dark at 1:04 am" Woozi crossed his arms "I'm not letting you walk alone, it's too dangerous"

"I appreciate the action Jihoon-ah, but I can walk by myself-"

"that's what they all say before they get in trouble" he said taking her backpack "c'mon, your dorm isn't that far from mine anyway"

She stared as he began walking ahead "yah, wait for me"

He smirked, stuffing his hands in his sweatpants pockets "so how are you girls? We haven't talked really in a while? All of us I mean"

"we're okay, learning new things, perfecting old things. We haven't talked because you boys are so busy with your program" Vi said. The two talked like that until they reached Epitome's dorm. It was small talk, nothing too serious, a bit random and stupid conversation but she liked it. "I'll see you tomorrow Jihoon-ah, thanks for walking me"

"anytime Viv" he nodded giving the girl her backpack "see you tomorrow"

"be careful walking back, good night" she waved, walking inside the dorm. Vi smiled to herself, Woozi was one of her first friends at Pledis. Despite the fact that they had a language barrier at first, they got along well. He, too, was someone that dabbled in everything. To this day, they like to learn dances and songs together just for the hell of it. She walked in the dorm to find that Yumi already packed a bag for her. Grateful, she washed up and went straight to bed, getting at least 4 hours of sleep before waking up.

***

"wake up!" Sori's familiar shouts and hollers filled the dorm "rise and shine girls!"

Being the light sleeper she is, Yumi woke up after her, helping the leader wake up the rest of the girls "maknae-ah, aigoo aigoo ireona"

"unnie" Minji whined "5 more minutes"

"andwae!" Sori said pulling the girl up from her bed "we need to get to the airport"

It took them a while, but they managed to get to the airport on time. Ayana turned to Vi "unnie, what time did you get home last night?"

"uh about 1:30, wae?" she asked playing a game on her phone

"you went home that late? by yourself?" XiaoMei gasped

"ani, Jihoonie walked me" Vi shrugged

"Jihoon?" Yumi turned, looking at the girl with a smirk. Vi looked up and sighed

"yah hajima, we're just friends!" Vi complained

"for now" Lihua commented

"yah, not you too" Vi said plugging her earphones in

"hey look who it is" Sori said pointing to the group of boys coming their way, the majority of the girls immediately greeting them with high-fives and hugs. XiaoMei and Vi were sitting at the chairs, too lazy or preoccupied to stand up, so they waited for the boys to come to them.

"unnie" Vi said putting her phone down "I'm tired"

"that's what you get for staying out late with Jihoon" XiaoMei smirked

"I wasn't staying out late with him" she said "we just met up when I was done, I was talking to Mark oppa" 

"if you say so Vivi" she said

Vi puffed her cheeks out in annoyance, "why do you guys keep pairing us? We're just friends"

"but you guys would be really cute together, that's why" XiaoMei said

"I'm not focused in dating unnie, all of us shouldn't be, we're still trainees" Vi said

"that's all a load of bull" XiaoMei laughed "date now while you can, you won't be able to when we debut. Well technically you can, you just have to do it secret, and if people find out, we'll lose fans and get bashed and-"

Two boys walked up to them, interrupting their conversation "ni hao jiejie, annyeong Viv-ya"

"annyeong Xei-ah, what's up Viv?" Joshua smiled at them, putting an arm around Jun.

"didi, how are you?" XiaoMei smiled at Jun giving him a hug, doing the same to Joshua

"fantastic" Vi chuckled following suit

"why aren't you guys with the rest of them?" Jun asked

"I didn't feel like standing up" XiaoMei shrugged

"I was playing a game" Vi said finally standing up, stretching 

"is it me or did you shrink?" Jun teased putting his hand on her head

Vi scowled, smacking his head "yah! I grew an inch!"

"how tall are you?" Joshua asked

"158 cm" she said "or 5'2"

"you're so short Viv!" Joshua laughed

"I'm also short enough to kick you right in the " she threatened and he shut up

"you're like Jihoon" Jun said "but he's taller than you by a few"

"still taller though" Woozi said walking up to them "one of the only things I can hold against her"

"I'm getting so attacked today it's not even funny" Vi crossed her arms in defeat

"it's okay noona, I won't attack you" Dino grinned as the rest of the group got involved in the conversation

"awww Chan-ah!" Vi beamed pouncing on him with a hug "you're my favorite"

"kiss up" Minji said to him "unnie, I thought I was your favorite"

"you make fun of me with the girls" Vi said

"Vihoon!" Yumi coughed "huh? who made that noise?"

"bwoh?" S.Coups laughed "what did you say?"

"I have no idea what you're talking about oppa" Yumi said innocently as Vi glared daggers at her head

"it's boarding time, guys" Sori said looking at her phone and grabbing her ticket. The 19 younger kids followed the eldest well, going into the plane after her. There was 20 of them so each person had another to sit with. It was 'coincidental' how Vi ended up sitting with Woozi. The two of them weren't making much conversation, just listening to music on their own. Vi yawned and took off an earbud, cracking her neck. They were an hour into the ride, meaning only an hour left until they landed.

"I'm tired, aigoo himdeureo" she said to no one in particular

"did you sleep well?" Woozi asked taking off his beats

"sorta" Vi answered recovering from the slight shock that he was listening "you?"

"eh same" he shrugged "do you want to sleep?"

"yeah, but we only have an hour left anyway" she said

"an hour is better than nothing" Woozi said giving her his pillow, putting it around her neck "get some sleep, you'll regret not listening to me later"

"you're right" Vi smiled at him, fixing her hair "komawo Jihoon-ah" 

"Vihoon" Yumi coughed from behind them

She was sitting with Wonwoo who responded with "/cough/ Jivian" 

"ooh I like that" Yumi said "good job Won-ah"

"there's also Vizi, Woovian, Zivian, Jivi, the names are endless" he said

"let's make a squad" she said deviously going on her phone, using the plane's wifi to add all the '96 liners in a group chat, making a separate one without Vi and Woozi

"yah, Yumi-ah what's this for?" Hoshi whispered from behind

"you guys will see" Yumi grinned typing a message in the chat without Vi and Woozi.


A/N
[6/11/15]
many hellos to all you beautiful people. Hope you guys enjoyed the first chapter of this fic ; )

I shall be writing more and packing bc I'm sorta going on vacation tomorrow lol 
well author-nim out, bye-ing~