Dreaming of You

Just You and Me

 

“Okay Jongwoon, what’s with the scowl?” 

I scowl even more as I furiously chomp on my double-cheese burger as if it was the infuriating guy on my dreams. It has been a week since I’ve started having dreams about a guy wearing the uniform of a prestigious school just a few meters away from our school, the Kyunghee University.

In my dreams, the two of us were firstly having a talk. He was talking and I was simply listening. But what I hate about that dream is that, when I consulted it to Sungmin—my other best friend who happened to have the ability to predict dreams—he said that that guy would be the guy I would literally end up with. I mean come on, that was a very unfortunate dream.

Eunhyuk scoffed at me as he chucked me with a fry. “Earth-to-Jongwoon, hello? I said what the hell are you scowling for?” 

I groaned inwardly and slowly placed my burger back to its plate. “I had that dream again.”

His forehead creased, as usual, not paying attention. “What dream?”

“The one with that brown-haired guy.” It was Sungmin who replied. “The guy who you’ll end up with. The guy with those beautiful brown eyes and an admirable stature. The one with such strong arms where he’ll hold you for the rest of forev—“

“Oh, shut up.” I intervened. “Like what I told you, that guy was only a product of my imagination since I’m reading too much manga. You know well how much I love mangas.”

Eunhyuk rolled his eyes. “You’re pathetic.”

“Yes, you are.” I said while smiling and continued to eat my burger. “But really, I think I must consult a doctor now. This kind of dream is too… bizarre.”

“It’s not about being bizarre, Jongwoonie.” Sungmin told me. “What if that guy was really a real guy? What if he really exists in this world? What if he really studies at Kyunghee?”

It was now my turn to roll my eyes. “He isn’t real. He was just a figment of my imagination and mostly, everything that concerns him is bizarre.”

“What if you suddenly saw him today?” Eunhyuk prompted. “Like, you know, what if he suddenly appeared here in front of you and asks you to go out with him?”

I was speechless at that. Sungmin and Eunhyuk are right. What if that guy was really real? What am I supposed to do if he suddenly shows up here in front of me wearing that Kyunghee uniform I’ve always wanted to wear? Wow, if that would happen, I could now compare myself to a character in a Manga.

My long time dream! That was my long time dream! But sorry to tell that I don’t like the guy inside my dreams. He was a little arrogant and cocky and everyone knows well that I hate those kind of personalities.

I deserve someone better. Someone that isn’t like my father, someone that would respect my mother and brother. 

“Jongwoon-ah,” Sungmin said in the midst of my day-dreaming. “That perfect guy you want to have is unreachable once you finally met the one you’ll really fell in love with.” 

“Sungmin's right.” Eunhyuk agreed with a nod. “No matter how much you want your future lover to act as what you like, you would still fell in love to someone that would make your heart skip a beat.”

“Yeah, like what you experience with Donghae?”

He threw a fry on my way and glowered at me. “You—don’t you dare mention his name! It would be embarrassing if he would hear you!”

I rolled my eyes again and continued to eat my burger. But still, my mind drifted away from the canteen and went straight to the guy who rules my dreams.

___________________________________________________

It was the same dream again. I knew it even before I tried to escape it again. Every time I’d dream about the guy, I would always know that I was inside the same dream which isn’t normal. Because usually, when a person was dreaming, he wouldn’t know that he was dreaming.

Arg! Wake me up. Please!

“Jongwoon.” The guy—the brown-haired guy—walked towards me and gently caressed my face. His expression seemed hurt as if there was something I have done to really hurt him. “Do you not want to dream about me anymore?”

My brows furrowed. “W-What?”

He pulled me closer to his chest and put his hands around my shoulders. “Am I being a bother to you, Jongwoon? Do you not want me anymore? If you don’t want to have dreams about me anymore, then say so and I will stop appearing before you again.”

My heart skip a beat upon realizing that I wouldn’t see him again. 

“Jongwo—“

“No!” I cut in. “No, it isn’t like that! It’s not like I don’t want to see you again.”

He let out a soft laugh and skimmed my neck with his lips. “Hmm, was that the truth?”

I flushed as I hesitantly tried to distance myself away from him due to the sudden electricity I’ve felt running all over my body. “Ah… yes. Th-that was the truth. I still want to s-see you… here in my…m-my dreams.”

“Good.” He smiled at me and then got something from his pocket. It was a silver ring. He inserted it on my ring finger and smiled. “There, this is for you. Please accept it.”

Oh, my effin’ God! He gave me a ring! He just gave me a ring! Someone gave me a ring!

I face him and hesitantly walked backwards. “Wait, how did you know my name? How come I don’t know yours? Who are you and why am I dreaming about you?”

His expression seemed to have changed since he walked away from me, still maintaining that mischievous grin of his. “Once you knew my name, then it’ll be all over. A day will come and we will see one another again. And as for now, this is the only thing I could give you. This would be the symbolism of my love for you. We will meet again… Kim Jongwoon.”

“Wait.” But he didn’t listen and instead, started to walk away. “Wait… wait—“I fell on a deep hole and before I realize it, I was out dead cold.

.

I was awake. I was widely awake and I was laying flat on my stomach on the floor. I fell on the floor and that was the reason why I woke up!

“DANG IT!!”

Minutes later, my door budges open revealing Mom’s worried face. She rushed after me and kneeled before me. “Jongwoon! What is it? What happened? Did you have a bad dream?”

“N-No.” I looked around me and before I knew it, I was starting to laugh. “It’s nothing, mother. I was just rolling and I miscalculated my move that’s why I fell.”

Mom studied my face and suddenly caressed my cheeks. “Jongwoon, please be careful, okay? You should go to sleep now. Today has been a very busy day for you.” She stood up, smiled at me and finally got out of my room.

I let out a deep sigh. “Miscalculated my moves, huh?” I then went back to my bed and exhaled out of depression. “Seriously, who are you?”

Morning came without me having a peaceful sleep and so I entered school looking like a slug.

“Jongwoonie!” Eunhyuk rushed towards me and tightly hugged me. “How are you? You look like you haven’t had enough sleep.”

“I’m fine.” I groaned and continued to walk while rubbing my eyes sleepily. “I just forgot that every time I’d dream about that Kyunghee guy, I would get restless. I even fell on the bed.”

“Eh?” Sungmin snapped from his trance and glanced at my way. “Like seriously? You dreamt of him again? Jongwoon, this is getting weird. Maybe that guy was really real. It could be an implication that he wants to really meet you.”

Eunhyuk agreed with him. “He could be right, Jongwoon. Why don’t we go to Kyunghee today after school and asked about that guy?”

I growled even more. “Hell no.”

“Jongwoon, what if he’s real?” Eunhyuk pressed impatiently. “What if… he really likes you?”

I rolled my eyes at that. “Yeah, right, a guy inside my dreams was really real and is actually in love with me.”

“Just let him, Eunhyuk. By the way that’s a beautiful ring you have there, Jongwoon.” Sungmin smiled widely at me and grabbed my palms in order to study the ring. “It’s so cool. Where did you buy it?”

My eyes rounded even more upon seeing the silver ring on my ring finger and studied it with too much scrutiny. “Oh, my God! This is the ring given to me by that guy!”

Eunhyuk frowned at me. “Jongwoon, what are you saying?”

“It’s true!” I snapped loudly. “It really is true! He visited me in my dream last night and gave this to me! He’s real! That guy is really real! Oh, my God!”

“Jongwoon, calm down will you!” Sungmin pulled me away from the now gawking crowd at us and we run to a secluded alley. “Jongwoon, I think you should consult the doctor.”

“Right.” I muttered sarcastically. “You think I could buy a ring as beautiful as this? And besides, weren’t you the one who keeps on saying that that guy is real?”

Albeit hesitant, Sungmin nodded. “Yes, but… that ring that he gave you couldn’t materialize in reality. It’s too… unbelievable.”

“But—“

“What’s the commotion over there?” a voice popped out from the entrance of the alleyway. It belongs to a guy who is with other guys too. “Ah, students are here in our territory.”

I froze at that. “Wha—what?”

“Good looking students.” Another one corrected him. “I like the raven haired one.”

Eunhyuk, Sungmin and I started to back off as they advance towards us only taking us deeper inside the alley. 

“Stay away from us.” Sungmin muttered; already used to confrontations like this. "we don’t have any money.”

“I’m not after your money.” Someone behind the last guy who spoke said while scratching the back of his head. “We are after something more than precious than money.” He advance towards us and held a handful of my hair. “

Without thinking, I stretched out my fist and punched the guy in front of us and immediately pushed Eunhyuk and Sungmin towards the other way and run as fast as we could.

“Get them!” the guy that I punched growled at his comrades as they charged against us.

“Hurry!” I yelled at them and run as fast as I could. As of now, the only thought that I have is to escape here with my friends dead or alive. I wouldn’t want to be touch by dirty guys like that!

I run with all the strength that I’ve got however, when I was finally about to get out of the alley, I slammed hard against a tall guy who immediately grabbed me tight on the waist and spun me around to face the still running Sungmin and Eunhyuk.

Eunhyuk gasped at that. “Jongwoon!!”

“Wha—let go!!” I tried to jerk away from the guy but his hold was too strong I failed. “Eunhyuk, Sungmin just run! I’ll do something about it!” I decided on stomping on his foot but he didn’t even wince. “Geez, let me go!”

“There they are!” the guy who are after us shouted and immediately charged towards us but suddenly skidded into a full stop. “C-Crap… its master.”

Him what?

“Why are you after him?” that velvet like voice hissed at them. It was so pure of rage that I stop squirming under his hold. “You want me to beat the out of you?”

“S-Sorry, master! We’re going then!” that and the thugs dashed away from us.

It took me literally a minute to comprehend their words and another minute to finally realize my position with the guy. So, alertly, I pushed him.

“What the hell!” I hissed through gritted teeth. “Get your hands off—“ what the f—?

I was astounded as to how dead gorgeous and familiar he is that somehow, I was too shock and utterly surprised to even speak.

The guy in front of me smirked. “Surprise?”

From behind me, Sungmin rushed to the guy and wrapped his hands around his elbow. “Well, how do you like it, Jongwoon? This is Cho Kyuhyun, my cousin, next ringleader of the Cho clan and most especially, the guy inside your dreams.”

My mouth fell open as I openly gawked at Cho Kyuhyun. He was here now in front of me, he was really here!

With an evil smirk, he leaned closer to me and placed a quick kiss on my lips. “A pleasure to finally meet you," and then added in a whisper. "Jongwoon-ah.”

WHAAAT THE F***!

 

A/N:

Should I make a sequel for 'Red String of Fate' or 'Memory Keeper' or both? Help me decide. ●︿● please?