Matter over Blood

Just You and Me

 

 

Title: Matter over Blood  

Characters: Kyusung (if it's not yet obvious *smirks*) Heechul, Hyukjae, Donghae, Kibum, Henry and Ryeowook

Summary: He thought he was forever lost inside the never ending abyss of darkness and guilt but then he saw him and everything for Cho Kyuhyun made sense especially the fact that Kim Jongwoon was his only remedy from all his resentments in life.

Warnings: Mentions of killings, guns, deaths and blood.

 

-;- 

 

He crumpled the picture that he was holding and threw it on the ground.

Sweat trickle down from his nape up to his back as Kyuhyun lifted up his head and angle it towards the sky before closing his eyes. “I can’t do it.” He heard himself whisper. He tried to block every noise he heard, every sweat that he could feel rolling down from the very roots of his hair, every whistle of the wind as it blows through him. He tried to block everything, every thought about his job, every faces of the people he had killed before, every whispers of plea they all made, all the information about his next victim and every thought about him.

 But no matter what he does he cannot block the face of the guy he was assigned to kill this time.

Hard wind blew through him and he couldn’t help anymore the shiver that automatically came after it though it’s not because of the coldness but because of the image that appeared behind his closed lids; the image of his dead face. “I can’t do it.” He once again whispered.

Kyuhyun is an agent from a well-known company that works for almost everything one could think of such as: electricity, furniture, wares, housing, entertainment industry, food corporations, etc. SM Company is the biggest and the most famous leading company all over the world. On almost every part of the world, the said company exists. But unbeknownst to everyone, it also works underground; selling different kinds of illegal drugs, doing auction for illegal substances, selling unregistered guns and bombs, doing every illegal thing one could think of—including human trafficking and such—just to boost their power and to gain more money. 

And Cho Kyuhyun was the only son of the head of the company that was slowly conquering the world and he was trained to be someone who could ruin anything that will come into his way, trained to be heartless, to be cold and to be merciless, just to protect something that’s not worth of one’s life.

Together with the people he considers as friends, they were trained to kill.

He doesn’t want to be there; almost every day he would witness illegal doings, he would witness how his father plans the death of someone whom he thought as a threat to his company. But he was chained down to that guy by blood. He never tried to escape because he knew that once he did, he would only put the life of his friends on the line. Even if they keep on telling him that they could manage, he still couldn’t find the heart to leave them all behind in the mercy of his father.

That’s why he was lost, controlled by the strings that were tied to him by the life that he never wanted, by the life that he would willingly bargain for his freedom. Cho Kyuhyun was a lost soul.

Until he found him…

He was on the verged of falling in the never ending depths of confusion, guilt and the continuous whirlwind of sadness with no doors that could brought him back when he saw him. Kim Jongwoon was such a radiant sight for someone like him whose eyes were already accustomed in the darkness. He was Kyuhyun’s remedy from all the wounds he sustained from the life that was forced into his hands. 

He was his light, his sunshine.

He first saw Kim Jongwoon at a train station. They were actually standing opposite one another when his eyes landed on him. Kim Jongwoon was wearing white tee-shirt, dark washed jeans and a camera was hanging around his neck. He has thick, black glasses that almost covered half of his face but even then, it failed to hide his flawless face from the seeking eyes of Cho Kyuhyun. He’s simple, Kyuhyun noted, his clothes were simple that wouldn’t attract attention from any of the people present at the station and the aura he’s emitting was nothing but simple. 

But something in Kim Jongwoon pulled the attention of Kyuhyun, something in his fiery dark locks made Kyuhyun unable to take his eyes off the said man. He's so beautiful that Kyuhyun thought; maybe an angel finally came down to soothe his hurting soul. But that's impossible, for someone who has killed so many innocent souls before, for someone whose hands were stained from the blood of his victims; how could the Supreme Being from above took pity on him to send one of His angels just to ease the pain of a person who reaps the soul of others and brought countless of sufferings with him?

Kyuhyun thought all that as he stared at him intently that he wasn’t surprised anymore, when out of the blue, the other turned into his direction and stared back at him. They held each other’s gazes for a whole minute; no noise can be heard and no other people present trying to make their way in front of the line, just them. 

That day was the start of Kyuhyun’s routine to always take the train just so he could see those eyes, those sensuous lips and the smile that the guy gave him just before the train blocked their view of one another. He waited for the time that they will meet again. But then it seems like the wheel of chances called life had already made plans for the both of them that before Kyuhyun knew it, his next target was the person he was so hell-bent into finding.

Jongwoon was a photographer that was able to capture a very important dealing of their company with one of their biggest drug supplier just because he was at the wrong side of the town that time. And because of those pictures, Kim Jongwoon was the next person on his father’s blacklist that needed to be dispatch. And the job was given to him. 

He doesn’t want to do it. The person he fell in love with unknowingly will be killed by him just because his father thought that Kim Jongwoon might become a threat to their company in the future. 

 “But you have to.” He remembered his father’s words when Kyuhyun told him that he can’t do the job anymore. “Or else I’ll send someone to kill him, instead. Would you like that?” Of course not. Kyuhyun doesn’t want him dead; he doesn’t want him in harm’s way. He only wants him to be safe, to be happy. 

I want to see him smile. Kyuhyun tightened his hold at the gun he was holding as the thought of him dying in his hands plague him. He opened his eyes and stared once again at the city below. He was standing at the rooftop of one of the tallest building in the city; allowing him to have a view of the city square below just across the said building. 

Kyuhyun swallowed the bile that had formed in his throat the moment his eyes landed—through his binocular—at the familiar burgundy haired guy sitting at a bench. “Kim Jongwoon.” Kyuhyun whispered to no one in particular. And on cue, Jongwoon looked up at the building where Kyuhyun was standing, as if he heard Kyuhyun’s quiet voice calling him, with an unfathomable expression and lips that seem to have millions of words to say.

Kyuhyun stared back, knowing that it wasn’t really him that Jongwoon was seeing since he’s wearing a black jacket with its hood hovering on his head that would hide him from the eyes of the people down at the city. For the second time that night, Cho Kyuhyun was once again enthralled by the beauty that was in the form of a guy who has natural burgundy hair and eyes that seems like looking through him.

The guy was wearing a white tee-shirt and jeans but this time he was not holding his camera on his hand, in fact it was nowhere in sight. 

Kyuhyun’s brows creased when he realized that the guy was talking with someone on the phone. “He’s busy.” He murmured. He looked down at his wrist to check the time and this time he felt like the sky crushed him.

It’s time.

He lifted his gun at the railings of the rooftop, arched his back to level himself to the rifle and use the fixed telescope on his Barrett M98B to clearly see his target. He’s already used in doing stuff like this since this is what he was made for; to kill. ‘Nothing’s personal, business is business’ that was what his father had told him; that in this world, everything should be considered as business and that one should not be afraid to conquer the other or if it’s not needed then it should be disposed of properly.

 For his father, Jongwoon was just another business that is of no used and might become a threat someday that’s why as early as now, Kim Jongwoon must die. And Kyuhyun will be the one to send him off to afterlife because Kyuhyun is a killer. He is an assassin and his forte is to kill people with a shot on the neck. That is his trademark; that is Kyuhyun. And without that part—side—of him, Cho Kyuhyun wouldn’t exist.

Seconds later, fireworks lit the night sky with a booming sound that buried all noises that the human population below the building was making. Everyone stared at the sky, including Jongwoon, with awe on their faces. That was his cue. Since the fireworks display would only last for about half an hour—he needed it to drown the noise that would come from his rifle—Kyuhyun knew that his time was limited even from the start. He placed his index finger at the trigger of his rifle and readied himself to fire. 

‘I can do it, I have to do it.’ He told himself.

He was shaking; sweat trickle down from his nape continuously and his breath came out rigidly. Images of his dead face came into him like a raging flood keeping him from doing the thing he dreaded most. He closed his eyes to help himself focus on the job that he’s been doing for ten years now but instead, the ghost of Jongwoon’s smile welcomed him from his tightly closed lids.

He was back at the train station, standing in front of the person he’s been looking for and once again Jongwoon was smiling at him. He was smiling at Cho Kyuhyun like what he was seeing was a person and not a monster. He was seeing Cho Kyuhyun, the guy with a deep raven hair that contrasts his pale skin and not the Cho Kyuhyun that had killed many for the sake of his own father. That’s why he smiled because, truly, what he saw is a person and not a monster.

“Stop! Stop!” Kyuhyun shouted. He can’t do this and that’s final. He angled his rifle away from Jongwoon up to the guy sitting at the van not too far away from the bench that Jongwoon was occupying. He was the back-up guy that his father had sent. Kyuhyun knew that his father will do something like this since for the past few days his father was already doubtful of his action. 

Since the van was slightly tinted and was away from the eyes of the spectator he dauntlessly pulled the trigger backward making the rifle shook a bit as it made a booming noise in sync with the noise made by the fireworks and milliseconds later the man fell limply at the steering wheel with blood oozing out of his neck. 

He immediately turned away from the view and quickly exited the rooftop; he was in the elevator when the communicator device on his left ear rang. “Hyung.” He said in a form of greeting. He heard a chuckle from the other line and ringing bells like that of from an ice cream stand.

“I knew it.” The familiar voice of Kim Heechul boomed in from the other line. Another chuckle before he heard him speak again. “I knew you can’t do it.”

He keeps hearing the annoying laughter of the man from the other side of the line which made him more irritated. “Shut up.” Kyuhyun replied shortly.

“Aish, you brat!” Heechul shouted that almost made Kyuhyun’s left ear fell from its place. “You just called me hyung and then you’ll order me to shut up.” And then added in a whisper “and I even came here to help you.” Without thinking Kyuhyun smirked. One of the perks of being an assassin: you get to have friends that could also do things normal people with normal life couldn’t do.

“Thank you.” He said lowly.

A boisterous laugh slid off from Heechul’s mouth before he spoke. “Later. You should be grateful later when that guy is already out of danger. By the way, you should hurry; your dad is smart enough to know that sooner or later his only son will go against him.” There’s a shuffling noise from Heechul’s background before he spoke again; this made Kyuhyun feel a little bit edgy on the inside. “He didn’t send only one back up, seems like he had sent five more. A wait, was it ten?” This time Kyuhyun felt the emotion that he rarely felt; he was afraid. Not for himself or for his friends but for the guy sitting at the bench; oblivious of what was happening around him; or about to happen.

He felt his determination wavered a bit at the thought of some guy that his father had sent approaching Jongwoon and fearlessly plants a bullet on his skull. He shivered. He knew that Heechul wouldn’t follow him if the guy doesn’t have anything in mind; he knew that Heechul was prepared for the worst. “Hyung, how about the others?” He asked. He was still at the elevator that seems like moving very slowly; he looked up only to see that he was still at the fourth level of the building. 

Damn it, faster.

“Already in position. I placed Hyukjae among the crowd since he’s the fastest and he’s also flexible, I might need him when things gone out of hand.” Kyuhyun noted the word ‘when’ meaning: Heechul already knew what will be the outcome of this all. Suddenly another voice came out from the other line; someone’s trying to join in to their little conversation.

“I’m the little skater boy.” Then Kyuhyun heard the sarcastic laugh of Lee Hyukjae, one of the weirdest friends he has inside the company. “How’ya doin’, Kyuhyun?”

“Hello to you, too, Hyukjae.” Kyuhyun greeted him indifferently. “Hey monks, I’m counting on you big time tonight, okay?”

He heard a snort from Hyukjae’s line and a chuckle from Heechul’s. “Really? After calling me a monkey?” Another shuffle before he continued. “And I don’t understand why am I even wearing clothes like this?! What am I supposed to be? A gangster?”

“Shut up, monkey boy. You needed that to blend in since your station is with the viewers. Just do your business properly.” Heechul effectively cut in. Kyuhyun heard Hyukjae’s ‘whatever’ before Heechul spoke again. “For Donghae, he’s the one closest to Jongwoon. Henry and Kibum were on the rooftop of the building next to yours all set to shoot.”

“Ok, good.” He breathed out. He could feel his heart at his throat. He heard three more line opened on his device, must be Donghae, Henry and Kibum. 

“When you’re out, run directly to Jongwoon. The others will start to move as well after that, we’ll back you up until you reach the car that we’ve stolen awhile ago. Then we’d sped off together. Henry’s position as well as Kibum was closed to that parking lot, you don’t have to worry about the time that they will consume. Is that okay with you?”

“Sure.” That was far from okay with Kyuhyun because he wouldn’t just let his friends fight for their wellbeing while he ran off into safety. As soon as the elevator door dinged open Kyuhyun almost threw himself out and run for the exit of the building. “I’m out. When things get out of our control, go directly to my apartment. Make sure that no one will follow you guys.”

“Ok. Oh and Kyuhyun,” He heard Heechul smirk from the other side. “Don’t die on me, got it?” A smirk automatically crawls up to Kyuhyun’s face before answering back. 

“Same to you.”

Upon exiting the building, Kyuhyun made a dash towards the direction of the bench Jongwoon was occupying. All things around him disappeared upon seeing the guy he’s been longing to be with—still looking up at the fireworks in the sky. And it seems like in some way or the other though they seen each other only once, maybe he and Jongwoon was already connected with one another because for the third time, Jongwoon looked away from the sky, as if feeling the intense stare of the other, only to stare at Kyuhyun who was slowly closing in the gap between them, like somehow he felt the presence of the guy who was so hell-bent into finding him, who was ready to sacrifice anything just to see him again and ready to go against everyone, anyone—including his own father—just to be with him.

Finally, after months and months of searching, their eyes collided once again. Deep raven smashed into warm brownish orbs. Everything was perfect when Kyuhyun finally reached the guy without breaking their eye contact; he was—at last—standing in front of the person he adores the most. No words escaped their mouths; seems like silence was enough to convey everything that Kyuhyun had felt all those months that he was looking for the other.

Kyuhyun thought that he could just stand there all night long and do nothing, just staring at the person sitting in front of him until he heard it.

 A gunshot.

He heard it on one of the line that was connected into his communicating device, probably on Henry’s or Kibum’s side. “They’re moving.” Kibum’s whispery voice came in next. And as if Kyuhyun’s body has a mind on its own; it moved faster and immediately grabbed Jongwoon’s hand before bolting into a run.

Kyuhyun could feel his heart at his throat as he willed his feet to move faster, he cannot afford to be a slowpoke now that the life of the person he loves is on the line. He looked back only to see Jongwoon with a shocked expression written all over his face, he stared at Kyuhyun in pure confusion, eyes questioning and brows furrowed with each other.

“What—“ Jongwoon gasped in sheer surprised. Everything went back into reality; it’s as if Kyuhyun was punched into the kisser when Kibum informed them that the enemy started to move. Everything went blank and the thought of saving him, of saving Jongwoon weighs down every existing thought that he has in mind.

"Just trust me." He whispered back to Jongwoon. This wasn't what he had in mind whenever he daydreams of what their second meeting would be like. He always thought that maybe they would meet in a café shop or in a CD store or in a bookstore or maybe in the train station again. Never had he dreamed of meeting this guy because he was assigned to kill him.

Kyuhyun tugged Jongwoon with him harder as they both run towards the parking place that Heechul had told him. He could hear the strained breathing of the guy behind him, Kyuhyun wanted to alleviate him but they needed to get away from the city square as soon as possible. He also heard his friends from the other line as they shout orders to one another. But all of it didn't matter to him, what matters most for Kyuhyun at the moment is the guy he was pulling alongside with him as they both made their way towards their safety haven. He felt his heart skipped a beat when he heard Donghae’s word from the other line.

“Kyuhyun, incoming!” Donghae shouted at him. “Damn it, he slipped!” Immediately Kyuhyun alerted all his senses as he tried to think of what will be his next move. He reaches for the gun that was safely tucked into his jeans using his free hand before pulling it out; ready to kill. 

He heard Jongwoon gasped from behind him. He looked back and gazed at Jongwoon in assurance hoping that the other won’t suddenly turn away from him because of fear. “What’s happening?” Jongwoon asked him and Kyuhyun not wanting to do anything but to tell him what’s really happening but they do not have time for that anymore seeing that the pursuer was slowly closing in the gap on them.

“I’ll explain later. Just trust me for now.” Kyuhyun felt, for the first time, desperate because of their situation. He knew that a normal person wouldn’t trust some random guy just because he asked him. But he doesn’t have time to explain and he needed Jongwoon to move faster, Kyuhyun needed Jongwoon to trust him. So, without waiting for the answer of Jongwoon, Kyuhyun pulled him once again and started to run in the direction of the parking lot. “Wai—“ Jongwoon’s words died down in his throat as he got pulled once again by the stranger he met once at the train station.

“, Donghae, why did you let him slip?!” Heechul’s rugged breathe came in. Different kinds of noise came from the other line as they do whatever task was assigned to them. “Kibum?! Henry?!” Heechul shouted. “Back them up!” He heard Hyukjae’s cry of ‘damn it’ at the poor performance they’re showing because all of them knew that they were far better than this. 

“We can’t, they have snipers as well, damn it!” Henry’s irritated voice beats Kibum. Another gunshot from his side broke off before he spoke once again. “Kyuhyun, if I shoot the guy following the both you, a sniper might get Jongwoon!” Damn his father for sending snipers as well! 

“Okay, I got this. Start to move out—“ Kyuhyun’s words got eaten by another gun shot that this time didn’t came out from any of his friend’s lines. The hand that he’s been pulling since earlier slipped out from his grasped and a gasped of pain echoed in his ears. He felt his breath got caught in his throat as the weight that he’s been tugging disappeared. He looked behind only to see Jongwoon, the first person that he had loved outside of his chaotic world, fell limply on the cold pavement as crimson blood started to color his previously white tee-shirt. “No!” He heard himself shouted as he approached Jongwoon.

He felt the world grew quieter as he bent down in front of Jongwoon, people started to gather around them; whispering words that went unheard in Kyuhyun’s ear. Even the sounds that were coming out of his communicator device on his left ear became muffled as what Kyuhyun only heard was the cry that Jongwoon had made when the bullet hit him awhile ago.

Jongwoon was conscious, and that’s good news for Kyuhyun, he was on his knees and his left hand was on his right shoulder while the other struggles to hold himself upright. His face shows no other expression but only hurt; his upper lip bit down his lower in poor attempt to hold down his cry of pain, eyes were tightly closed as he tried to block the soreness of his right shoulder and blood already started to crawl down his forearm. Kyuhyun bent down in front of him and cooed Jongwoon’s face on his shaking hands. He felt his resolve tumbling down as he saw how much Jongwoon struggles to keep himself awake.

He felt something in him snapped.

Without thinking, he run towards the guy who was so hell-bent into killing his other half that he doesn’t care anymore if there were other people—innocent people—watching them. The guy wearing an Americana stopped in front of Kyuhyun as he angled himself as if he would punch Kyuhyun directly on his face. But Kyuhyun knew better. He threw his gun away, not wanting to accidentally kill the offender using his gun since that’ll be an easy death, while ducking away from the fist of the enemy before snatching the other’s firearm and slamming it into his face. 

The Americana dude buckled a little bit backwards, trying to regain his balance before lounging in again to Kyuhyun. But Kyuhyun wasn’t the head of the security in their company for nothing; he outstretched his right hand as soon as the offender started to run towards him and before the enemy knew it his neck was already on Kyuhyun’s mercy. The other tried to fight back, still, but when Kyuhyun tightened his hold on his neck the struggle immediately ceased. Kyuhyun smirked as soon as he heard coughing sound coming out from the mouth of his prey. He pulled his pocket knife out from his jeans and pointed it directly on the neck of his enemy, he felt delighted even more as he heard whimpering sound the other made whenever he put pressure on the knife. “You know, I’m not called ‘The Reaper’ for nothing.” He whispered. Images of Jongwoon’s face as he tried to struggle from the pain of being shot appeared on Kyuhyun’s mind and all what he wanted to do was to make the guy that he was holding at the very moment to feel all of it tenfold. 

So, slowly, he digs the knife that he was holding on his left hand at the neck of the guy on his grasped, making sure that every coming second the other could gradually feel the sharpness of the dagger as it digs on his skin thoroughly. He certainly didn’t missed it when the guy started to struggle out off his hold as he felt the sharpness of the blade get buried on the side of his neck. Everything around them went black and Kyuhyun was now only aware of the guy who’s struggling and breathing hard as he continues to deepen the dagger.

He felt his throat vibrated as bubble of laughter escapes his mouth. “You deserve this.” That and he let the man hit the ground with a loud thud.

Silence, there’s no sound in the background, only blackness and stillness.

Kyuhyun shut his eyes close so he could focus on his surroundings to wipe away the feeling of wanting to kill again; this was one of his problems, he gets obsessed to killing whenever something triggered him into doing the action in the first place. 

“Kyuhyun….” Someone whispered. He opened his eyes only to see silhouette around him joined by muffled sounds, his brows creased as he tried to decipher what was happening around him. “Kyuhyun…” 

Then someone slapped him so hard he felt like the world underneath him shook a little. He blinks fast and hard to make sense of the episode around him and then he saw the worried face of Kim Heechul. “You have to snap out of it, this is not the right time for you to submit yourself into that side of you.” Heechul said in a rush. “Remember Jongwoon, he needs you.”

The mention of Jongwoon’s name fueled Kyuhyun in moving his body, he looked back planning to help the man in subject only to see that Hyukjae—who was wearing, indeed, clothes that looks like that of a gangster—and Donghae trying to assist Jongwoon who was already on his feet and looks like being swallowed whole by confusion. “We need to move.” Heechul pushed him forward but he needed that no more since Kyuhyun was not wasting any more time away from Jongwoon.

Upon reaching the others, he quickly took Jongwoon on his back before resuming their task awhile ago and that was to run away from the city square. He couldn’t help his blood as it boils whenever he heard the strained breathing of Jongwoon in his ears. “Hang on, we’re almost there.” Kyuhyun whispered but received no response except for only heavy breathing.

More people started to flock around the city square because of what Kyuhyun had done and this became their advantage for the reason that the more people around them the harder it will be for the pursuers to catch up with them.

 “Kibum and Henry?” Kyuhyun asked in between breathes.

“They’re on their way too,” Donghae answered in rush. “snipers….gone…” Kyuhyun felt a little bit of relieved with that. It’s hard to fight someone in a hand-to-hand combat but it’s even harder if the challenger was hidden somewhere and could struck you any moment they wanted. 

They run nonstop as if there’s no tomorrow and heave a sigh of relief upon reaching the stolen car. They needed to hide from the eyes of Kyuhyun’s father and using one of their owned car won’t be a good idea. Kyuhyun carefully placed Jongwoon in the vehicle with the help of others and drove off when Kibum and Henry finally arrived. 

Kyuhyun fidgeted on his seat at the sight of Jongwoon still bleeding heavily because one thing that he didn’t wished for was to see Jongwoon on his painful state. And it broke Kyuhyun’s heart even more when he heard Jongwoon moaned in pain. Donghae, who was checking the wound, crunched his face in a disapproving manner when he got the full view of the injury. “The bullet hit his shoulder blade and he had lost a lot of blood already, Kyuhyun what do we do?” Donghae stared at him and waited patiently for his answer.

Kyuhyun felt his sweat trickle down at the side of his face. Damn it, what to do?! His mind was in a mess and he doesn’t have any idea of what remedy he should relate. He felt the tips of his fingers grew colder as nervousness creeps its way up to his body. He keeps on making an effort to even out his breathing and tried to focus his vision on something else since looking at Jongwoon’s bloody figure doesn’t suggest any form of help to him but it won’t take long before his eyes wonder once again to the man seated next to him.

“I… I – ah… ah, let’s ah…” Kyuhyun stuttered as he reached his hands out to Jongwoon’s and started to play with it unknowingly. They weren’t allowed to go to the hospital since his father might track them there and he doesn’t know anyone in their group who could do medicine and his mind might already burst any moment now. Kyuhyun stared at Jongwoon’s face as the latter leaned a little bit away from Donghae and towards him; he gulped the bile that was starting to form in his throat as the thought of losing him again now that they’ve finally found each other crossed his mind. He cupped Jongwoon’s face and gazed directly at his eyes when the other opened it very slowly. He was gasping so deep that Kyuhyun feared maybe he was already having hard time breathing. “I don’t know what to do.” He confessed truthfully and looked at Jongwoon with sorrowful eyes.

“Maybe you know someone…” Henry asked the others seeing that Kyuhyun already reached his limit. He, too, tried to think of ways on how to save Jongwoon but arrived with nothing. He’s not good with thinking or analyzing things, the only thing he was good at is to shoot his target and plot how to end someone else’s life. 

“That’s it!” Heechul shouted from the driver’s seat. “My brother, he’s studying medicine. Call him, he might help us.” That and he threw his phone to Donghae who was seating behind him. Donghae fiddled with the phone for the briefest of moment before bringing it up on his ears. But before he spoke with the person on the other line he looked, first, at Kyuhyun and asked if he would give him the address and after getting Kyuhyun’s permission, proceeded with the conversation.

The ride was short, after arriving at Kyuhyun’s apartment the sight of Heechul’s brother, Kim Ryeowook, welcomed them. Immediately, Ryeowook started with whatever he was doing while Donghae and Hyukjae patrolled outside. Kyuhyun stayed at his living room waiting for Ryeowook whilst watching Kibum and Henry wiped away unseen dirt from their rifles; he tried to focus on other things that needed his attention but his effort always ends up at the nearest bin since his mind would always very slowly drift off to Kim Jongwoon. He sighed.

“Could you please stop that?” Kibum said; startling Kyuhyun.

Kyuhyun’s brows creased at the guy who just brought him back from his trance. “Stop what?” He asked.

“Stop sighing, it’s bothering me.”

Kyuhyun leaned his back at the couch he was sitting at and sighed once again, with this, Kibum also sighed. “He’ll be fine; don’t fry your small brain by over thinking.” One good thing about Kibum, he rarely speaks, but every words that came out of his mouth were nothing but the truth and sometimes with a little bit of mockery. 

Kyuhyun prevented the sigh that was about to slip off of his mouth and instead just stare outside. “I hope you’re right. Anyway, you may use whatever room you would prefer.” He said as he stood up planning to stalk inside the room that Ryeowook was using when suddenly Heechul, who was supposed to be helping his brother, walked out of the said room. Kyuhyun was so caught off guard that without thinking he muttered different curses to his hyung.

“Hey!” Heechul shouted at him. “You brat—.”

“You surprised me, it’s your fault.” He cut him off before the latter started his very long litany that Kyuhyun doesn’t have the time listening to since he’s badly in need to see Kim Jongwoon. And it seems to Kyuhyun that Heechul was being extra nice since the older man just sighed and told him that he could already see Jongwoon.

Kyuhyun didn’t waste any more time as soon as those words left Heechul’s mouth and immediately made a dash inside the room. He slowly enters and saw that Ryeowook was just starting to drape the covers over the sleeping man.

Ryeowook smiled at him. “He lost blood but don’t worry he’ll recover.”

Kyuhyun smiled back at him and swear that he could hug the other if he would permit since he never felt so thankful towards someone since he was a child; this is the first time. “Thank you so much. Thank you for saving him.” Kyuhyun whispered as he walked towards Ryeowook and grabbed his hands before shaking it.

The latter man just nodded and laughed before excusing himself.

Kyuhyun slowly walked towards the bed—his bed—since the room that Ryeowook had used was his’. He kneels down beside the futon and stared at the person occupying his space. Kim Jongwoon was bathing in the light that was coming off from the moon and Kyuhyun felt that he, once again, fell all over in love with the guy. 

Jongwoon was so pale and beautiful at the same time that one word automatically came off from Kyuhyun’s mouth to depict how much enthralling the figure before him is. “Ethereal.” He spoke so softly; afraid that he might disturb the quiescent state of the man that he was admiring.

He lifted his knees and gently puts his head on it to serve as his resting place. He grabbed hold Jongwoon’s right hand with his’ and it using his thumb. Calmness envelopes them as Kyuhyun keeps on staring at the sleeping man. Never in his wildest dreams had Kyuhyun thought that he would get the chance to be this near to Jongwoon; he thought he would forever spend his life searching for this very guy in his grasped, he thought that the only purposed of his life was to always look for other people; like the way he looked for his nonexistent mother. He always thought that living in this world was always about looking for another person who would give him clarity of mind. He thought he would always look, look and look until he was not capable anymore and in the end, will always find nothing.

But then Kim Jongwoon proved him wrong.

In every way Kyuhyun could think of, Kim Jongwoon proved him wrong. Because after years of searching, after those lonely and sad years, monotonous day for he keeps on going back to the place where he first saw Jongwoon only to be dishearten, he finally found the person that he would willingly bargain anything he had just so he could be with him until forever reached its endless zenith.

He thought that he will never be blissful in this lifetime; that he will forever succumb to the guilt that he had brought upon himself, but he was wrong, he was mistaken. 

Without thinking, Kyuhyun laughed lowly.

Indeed, to make mistakes is human, and Kim Jongwoon is the only person who made him feel how to be seen as a human being rather than a monster. And now that he holds his own hourglass, he could turn it upside down whenever he wants and correct those mistakes that he unwillingly made and maybe this time, he’s already allowed to taste the sweet flavor of happiness.

Kyuhyun stared intently at Jongwoon with a smile on his face that grew wider when he felt the hand that he was holding onto tightened a little bit around his. And as an entry to their future together, he leaned down and placed a soft kiss on the corner of Jongwoon’s lips.

 

 


 

 

 

A/N:

An idea that the plot bunny randomly and rudely, not to mention, threw at my face a week ago. And I was like (⊙o⊙) "what the 938%*37%!!! I need to write this, I need to f@%#& write this!" and the rest is history. Then.... *taadaaa* it's all done! *phew* I just hope you, guys, liked it.

Anyways, enough with playing and on with business. 

Hello readers, I hope you're not disappointed with this oneshot. And, oh you know me, as always please do tell me what you think, okay?