Under the Blanket, Under the Rain

Just You and Me

 

 

 

The ringing of the alarm clock broke the peaceful silence of the room.

Immediately, a shift from the right side of the bed signalled that someone was effectively awakened by the alarm.

The floor was cold under Jongwoon's feet as he made his way to the bathroom to do his morning rituals but not after turning the alarm off since it will never really work against to the other occupant of the bed. Though all the windows were closed, still, he could feel the coldness brought by the storm seeped through into their apartment. 

After brushing his teeth and doing some other morning stuff, he made his way out; not forgetting to look back at the bed briefly, taking in the sight of the body lazily bundled up with thick comforters before completely heading out of the bed room.

The silence that welcomed him, though pure and homely, made him cringe as unpleasant memories flooded his mind almost quickly. He contemplated on waking up the other guy to have a companion but thought a better solution without actually bothering someone. He walked towards the television before turning it on. He sighed as morning news lighted nearly, if not completely, their handkerchief-size living room.

News about the storm and the cancelled appointments and classes were all over the reports once again, just like last night and the nights befofe that. This was the second time that his meeting got cancelled because of a storm so strong it could already unroot trees that are very much dangerous for any bystanders.

But unfortunately, he have to thank this storm since without it, he might already drowned himself from all the paper works that his boss will give him as his assignment. After minimizing the volume a bit to not distract the one who still sleeps, Jongwoon went directly to the kitchen to prepare his all-time favorite breakfast; coffee minus the sugar but with great amount of cream to balance the bitterness and sweetness.

Walking pass the bedroom and the television; he settled on the small sofa facing the floor to ceiling window of their apartment, enjoying the view as the rain hurriedly drenched anything it will touch.

Everything is perfect. The morning, the place and the person though he's still sleeping and even the weather, they're all perfect. Kim Jongwoon loves the rain. Though for some it may bring gloomy atmosphere, for him it is the other way around.

Because so far, everything good that had happened to him all happened under the coldness and wetness of the rain.

A soft sound of fabrics and heavy footsteps echoed from the other room and just as he predicted, a warm body snuggled him from behind together with a thick comforter that encircled both of them for added warmth.

Kyuhyun sighed contentedly as he nestled his face into Jongwoon's neck, appreciating the very attractive smell of cinnamon and sweet coffee that oddly and positively complements one another.

He lets out a soft laugh as he felt Kyuhyun's weight slowly weighs him down a bit. On the usual day he would really, really gives anyone an earful about being lazy and heavy sleeper even during weekdays but if he will always be welcomed by this kind of weather and the person that it brought with it two years ago, then Jongwoon will gladly let him rest on him as long as he wanted.

Call him bias or anything he doesn't care since he already admitted that two years ago; when the very same weather brought them together.

"A beautiful morning, huh?" Kyuhyun drowsily whispered. The sound getting a bit muffled as he nestled his face a bit more on the crook of his neck.

Indeed, one of the most beautiful mornings Jongwoon had.

"Yeah." He whispered back.

 


 

Author's Note:

Blame the coffee and the weather if it's too cheesy or fluffy or sweet for your own liking. I got inspired by the coffee that I had a while ago and since it has been raining here in the Philippines too much for the past few days I thought why not make a Kyusung drabble about it. Enjoy reading guys.