Falling in Reverse

Just You and Me

Title: Falling in Reverse

Genre: Angst, Romance, General

 

He could barely breathe.

All he knew was that he had almost killed him. 

Kyuhyun closed his eyes as Kibum injected him another one of those blue medicines on his UV. Kibum was trying his best to save him—they were preventing his venom from spreading on his whole system that would slowly eat his strength out and kill him. If he was going to die, and if Jongwoon was the reason for this, he would have accepted it. Kyuhyun had loved him enough that he was willing to die even if it was all because of him.

He loved him…

He was willing to risk his life for him—that was how much he loves him.

But they cannot be together. If Jongwoon stays in his world for a longer period of time, he’ll die. He might wreak havoc because he’ll be so bloodthirsty that he might not recognized even those people he was considering his friends.

For the past nine months, Jongwoon never told him anything about his weakness. He thought he could control his bloodthirsty side. Even in a human form, he was still ravenous on the inside. Even if Kyuhyun was feeding him regularly with human food, Jongwoon thought it was enough. Kyuhyun thought it was rather fine confining him in a closed space room where he knew Jongwoon could never use his inhuman strength. He thought he’ll be all right because he was in a human form. He thought it will be fine because he never change back into his original form. He thought Jongwoon can stay forever beside him. 

That was what he needed.

Jongwoon was enough for him.

He couldn’t ask for more. He wanted him.

He thought loving him is enough to keep Jongwoon from going back to the place where he truly belongs.

Kyuhyun thought he was enough for him.

Kyuhyun could hear Jongwoon shallow breathes beside him. He was also on the same room—he doesn’t want to leave him. With all honesty, he doesn’t want Jongwoon to be here. Jongwoon needed to be free. He needed to be with his own kind so his strength and sanity will turn back. He needs to feed as much as possible and if he still wanted to come back here, he’ll welcome Jongwoon with open arms.

Kyuhyun knew Jongwoon also came to love him. 

But Jongwoon's mind was never the same as them humans. His mind belongs to a wild animal. In fact, it was only his form that was animal—his whole being was a deity. They were lonely gods of the night and Kyuhyun was mere human. For a hound like Jongwoon, he had only loved Kyuhyun because he was treating him as his master.

He was like a pet dog—a hound that took the form of a human boy.

He was determined to teach Jongwoon to become human and he willingly accepted his offer. Although the first weeks of training was hell, still, he didn’t give up. He knew from the first time he saw Jongwoon; he was already attracted to guy.

He loved Jongwoon…

To him it doesn’t matter if he’s an animal or not—he loves him. He cannot afford to lose him. But if Jongwoon was going to weaken by being beside him, then he’ll be the one to push him away. He wants him back to the darkness because that will give Jongwoon strength. Being in the light will only weaken him. If there was one thing he would never afford to sacrifice—then, it was Jongwoon.

Jongwoon was in the depths of his heart. He was the only one that managed to catch his attention. Kyuhyun loves him to his very core. But he needs to put aside the love and set Jongwoon free because there was a life more suitable for him than the life Kyuhyun was offering him here inside a tightly secured laboratory. And besides, this place reeks of human blood. If he hurt someone, he’ll definitely blame it on himself and it will only hurt Kyuhyun. 

Kyuhyun doesn’t want to see Jongwoon hurting.

He’d rather be the one to get hurt than have him crying because he was forcing a life not meant for him. 

He should be free.

He doesn’t want Jongwoon to be trapped in here anymore. He’s like a bird in a cage. He doesn’t deserve this kind of treatment. He has been playing house with Kyuhyun for almost a year now and he was surprise Jongwoon still manage to hold on to the little strain he was forcing himself to do.

He was indeed strong.

On those nine months, he never dares to touch or feed on human. Jongwoon was ing strong it was almost unbelievable. But hell, he knew that Jongwoon was slowly getting weaker and weaker. And if only he had found out earlier that the hound was going to die if he wasn’t able to feed on pure blood and do some hunting to practice his bones, he would have given Jongwoon the chance to be free then. He’d allow him to go.

But no, he didn’t mention anything to him. Jongwoon had kept the pain to himself and he suffered alone. Those long nights that he was crumpled in bed, Kyuhyun never notice he was suffering. He just thought it was some kind of after effects because that is what Jongwoon was telling him. He was lying for Kyuhyun's own sake. He had allowed Kyuhyun to continue experimenting on him and it was plain torture. 

, for that, he wanted to die.

All this time, he was the one hurting Jongwoon. 

He leaned in forward to place a chaste kiss on his cheek and then kissed him up the forehead before caressing his forearms. “Kyuhyun-ah…I’m so sorry.”

He could fully remember everything. He was training Jongwoon and he could notice that he seemed not up to it. Jongwoon was literally growling on him in a whisper and he winces on his every move. And when Kyuhyun accidentally cut himself, which is what that had made him snap. Turns out Jongwoon couldn’t hold on anymore. He was turning into his wild side—he was giving in to the temptation even if he was still trying to control himself. 

Jongwoon had bit him on the neck—very deep. It was so deep he thought he was going to die. But then, he ignored the pain and hugged him tightly which in futile effort seemed to have made him revert back to his sanity. 

From behind Jongwoon, Kibum appeared and grabbed him by the forearm—by his forearm with the wound that never seemed to be healing. “Jongwoon, you need to go back to your cage.”

Cage…Kyuhyun thought. He was keeping Jongwoon in a cage.

Jongwoon turned away from him unwillingly and averted his gaze to Kibum. “But Kyuhyun-ah…he’ll be all right, right?”

He could see Kibum shrugged. He wanted to be angry at him—they were giving Jongwoon the cold shoulder and he doesn’t want that. “He’ll be all right if he stays away from you…after all; it was completely your inability to control your hunger that placed him on that state.”

Jongwoon dropped his gaze and then turned to him and leaned in forward to kiss him on the cheek again. “Well, I should get going Kyuhyun-ah. You’re hearing me, right? Kibum-ssi is going to train me on your behalf so no need to get worried about me acting like a wild animal again. I’ll see you…tomorrow.” He smiled at him—that forced smile—and then stood up. His eyes followed his. He noticed the red marks of whip on Jongwoon's arm and above his ankle. 

.

He so badly wanted to move right now, they must be beating him.

Once again, Jongwoon turned to him and gave him the smile he loved about him the most. “Sleep well, Kyuhyun-ah and when I return from training, you should be awake now.”

Kyuhyun watched as Kibum placed those manacles around his wrist and activated the collar on Jongwoon's neck that made him wince. Inwardly, he growled and using the last of his strength, he exhaled and glared at Kibum. “Kibum…”

On time, Kibum turned to him in surprise. “Kyuhyun…?”

Jongwoon turned to him too and he looked like he wanted to run to him but he couldn’t because there were weights on his wrist. Jongwoon's eyes lightened like seeing him moved gave him hope. “Kyuhyun-ah…”

“Come here…” he whispered and when Kibum made move towards him, he shook his head and glared at Jongwoon. “Not you, Jongwoon…come here.”

“M-Me?”

“Kibum, kindly remove his restraints and deactivate his collar.” He ordered under a whisper and closed his eyes once again. “After your done, leave Jongwoon here in my room.”

“Kyuhyun, what the hell—“

“No back talks.” He hissed at him and opened his eyes again to see if Kibum's planning to heed to his orders. Without much talk he did as what he says and then left the room—shutting the door close behind them. He turned to Jongwoon and flashed him a smile. “Come here…”

He seemed reluctant but then immediately rushed to him using his inhuman speed because his restraints are finally gone. He was beside him in the blink of an eye and was hugging him tightly. “Kyuhyun-ah…I thought you’re going to die. I’m so sorry…please don’t be afraid of me.”

He tried to laugh which jarred his throat since that was the part where he was fatally wounded. “No…don’t worry; I won’t be afraid of you. It’s my entire fault that you have become like that. I should be the one apologizing.”

Stubbornly, he shook his head and then leveled his face to him. “No, don’t apologize. It’s not your fault. I swear, I won’t do it again. I won’t hurt people again.”

He just smiled and then slowly wrapped his arms around his body and kissed him on the forehead. “I love you…Jongwoon.”

Jongwoon pressed his face on Kyuhyun's chest and slowly, he nodded. “Yeah, me too.”

He loved Jongwoon…

But there are times when you just need to let go of the person you love because of the huge difference you’re in. 

Cho Kyuhyun loves Jongwoon…but they cannot be together. Jongwoon belonged in a world where he knew he could never take him from and Kyuhyun was a mere human that couldn’t be selfish enough to force Jongwoon to stay by his side. 

Because if he truly loves Jongwoon…then he would let him go.

He loved the deity…but he should put aside the love to free him.

 

A/N:

Another oneshot from my wild imagination. It's originally written using Kaichou-wa Maid sama's characters but after some editing I succeeded in turning it into a Kyusung fic. Next oneshot is from my sister's work, I love the plot and all so I think you guys will love it too.