Inevitable

Just You and Me

A/N: The first fic I've written for AFF. I wrote this while watching the rain drops from the clouds.

 

It's that day again.

Every same date of the same month you always get up early to prepare yourself. Take a warm bath, brush your teeth, pick the best clothing you have and prepare a breakfast for yourself. But for this year you got your routine ruined by another appointment scheduled that same day. You weren't unhappy by the change, of course. In fact you're grateful that it got scheduled at the same day.

Today's the day you will claim your very first developed pictures after you became a photographer two months ago. 

You're happy because you are now living the dream you have since you were young and you also succeeded in fulfilling the wish of the person you love the most. You got excited in telling him that when you spotted your phone you immediately dialed his number.

The familiar voice welcomed you from the other line. "Finally, the pictures are coming out today!" You said in a form of greeting while tying your black tie on your neck. "Can you believed it?" You laughed. "I'm officially a photographer now. Good thing I listened to you back then."

You got out of your room to have some bread since you are too lazy today for some reasons to cook breakfast for yourself. As you listen to the response from the other line you prepare a coffee with cream to go with the bread. "You're bored? Don't worry I'll be there in an hour." You said in a whisper, though you are hoping that he can still hear you. You ended the call the time you were done talking; finished your breakfast on time so that you can be on your way since you were still to fetched the pictures because you wanted the very first person to have a look at it is him.

You drove first to the mall and got the pictures on schedule before spotting a flower shop nearby. You wanted the best for him that's why you tried so hard in picking the flowers he wants. You laughed when you remember how he used to teased you whenever you focus so much onto something.

"Jongwoon."

You hummed in response since you can't focus into other things whenever you're in front of the t.v watching one of the favorite movies you have, thinking what might happen next or who's the possible criminal or which is which. You heard a sigh beside you.

You looked up, expecting to see him irritated again since sighing - for you is a sign of irritation - but instead you saw him smirking down at you.

"Don't try too hard to think." His smirk widened even more. "I don't want you to fry your brain by thinking nonsense stuff. I dont want a dead person for a boyfriend, you know?" He laughed when you reached forward and punch him in the forearms.

"So is that all?" The man in charged asks you. You simply nodded. Memories like that were meant to be kept hidden and not to be reminisced.

You hit the road after getting all the things that you needed. The last time you went there the road was wet because of the rain. But now, as you looked ahead of you, you saw how the sun shines almost everywhere, how it turns the yellowish leaves into almost red. How it changes the same road you were taking last year. 

Things can never be same again, you thought. You can't have the same thing twice. Situations cannot happen twice. That's why you know that the memory you just had a while ago won't happen anymore, even after two months, even after a year, a decade or a millennium. And no one can do something about it, and you know that. Of all the people living in this world, it is you who knows that the most. No one can do something about time, all they have to do is to enjoy it while it lasts. 

And you knew to yourself that you were unable to do that.

As you got near to your destination you can feel the familiar feeling you've been pushing down deeper inside you, creeping up once again. You feel like stopping and turning back to the safe confines of your home but you didn't because you couldn't. 

When you finally arrived, you stepped out with the things you brought along with you. You took a deep breath, but every time you did you felt nothing but pain.

You took the stone path leading to your specific destination and abruptly stop when you're finally standing in front of him. You felt the coldness of the place and remember how warm it was whenever both of you were together. But now, everything has changed. Now that he is gone you only felt the coldness that you weren't accustomed too. 

You can hear a crashing sounds. 

You can hear it. It's like a porcelain being shred into pieces. Tiny pieces that no matter how hard you try into fixing it again, you won't be able to. Reality is starting to stomped on you once again laughing at how foolish you were, are. 

'Fix?' You heard someone whispered. 'How can you fixed it? When the person who can only fix you is gone?' It's mocking you, reality is mocking you. You laughed at that. And then you laughed once again at how ridiculous you sounded. 

'Jongwoon...' You heard his soothingly warm voice. But instead of being soothed, you felt nothing but the pain. 

You can feel the pain once again.

And it is choking you.

You tried hard not to cry since you knew that he never wanted to see you crying. You tried hard, harder, but you fail in the end. Tears streamed down your face. You put down the flowers and the pictures in a haste and walked away as fast as you can. 

Winds welcomed you as you wished to be taken away by it too, but it never did because if it would, then you should have felt nothing after the day he left for good.

You can't be there any longer because it kills you. And you know that he would do anything to keep you alive, even if it cost him his life. 

The pain is starting to eat you up once again. 

You cannot feel anything, not the cold winds, not the fallen leaves being crashed beneath your shoes, not the tears rolling down your face; you cannot feel anything because all there's left for you is the pain.

You reached your car and got in before reaching for your phone. You dialed his number once again and again the familiar voice that you've been hearing everyday for the last two years greeted you.

' The number you have dialed has been changed, disconnected, temporarily down, or is no longer in service...' 

You cried even more. Reality is a cruel thing and it is too much for you to handle. The curtains for the both of you is finally closed, your story has reached its denoument and you still can't move on. No matter how much you deny it you can never bring back the past because things will never happen twice. You can never have him back, especially if he left you and went somewhere unreachable. But you knew this is inevitable.

It is given that there are only two kinds of peoplein this world; the one that got away and the one got left behind. People will soon find their own ways; will gain friends, classmates, partners or lovers and it is inevitable for some to leave earlier than the others. You knew that, but that knowledge didn't stop you from grieving because one way or another it was destined that you will always be the one that got left behind in your relationship. 

Beep... Beep... Beep...

"Kyuhyun." You whispered in between sobs. "You didn't know, did you?" There is no use uttering the words that were left unsaid in the past but you'd tell him, anyway. Because you wanted him to know, even if it's too late, you wanted him to know. 

"I love you."

 

A/N:

I'm feeling down today. ):