Of Raindrops and Memories

Just You and Me

It was raining very hard.

 

Good thing we’ve finally reached the waiting shed so that we won’t get wetter than we already were. I glared at Cho Kyuhyun who was currently carrying the groceries we’ve bought and brushed away annoying wet bangs off my face. He seemed casual against the cold rain and blowing wind—damn, he doesn’t even shiver whilst I was here dying out of coldness.

Instead, Kyuhyun smiled at me. “Are you cold?”

“Do I look warm to you?” I replied irritatedly. “It was your fault why we got soaked. You ruined my umbrella.”

“You pushed me on a puddle that’s why we got wet.” He retorted casually and then started laughing. “I never thought wet hair looks good on you—you look plain on your hair. No wonder you have no appeal to other men and women."

“Shut the hell up.” I hissed at him and then carried half of the grocery to the dry part of the waiting shed. “It was clearly your fault, now look at us, we’re soaking wet!”

“I still have clothes in your house, right?” he asked casually and then run a hand through his wet hair. He then removed his leather jacket before placing it over my head. “I don’t want you to think that I’m not a gentleman, so there, you can use my jacket.”

I scoffed loudly and then pulled the jacket over my forehead and growled at him. “Although it was already too late for you to do that, still, thank you Mr. I-don’t-want-you-think-I’m-not-a-gentleman.”

“Very funny.” He mumbled under his breath and then sat on the bench while waiting for the next bus. “Anyway, how’s your Mom?”

“She’s fine, why?” I sat beside him and started playing with my wet phone. “Although she keeps on telling me to invite you over for dinner next time we see each other again. She thought you might knock some sense inside my head to go back to our house.”

He smirked at that. “Your Mom trusts me too much. I might you or something.”

“erted outer space alien.” I murmured and kicked his ankle. When he smiled at me, I rolled my eyes and forehead flicked him. “Seriously, I keep on wondering why my Mom trusts you so much and she couldn’t even trust her own son in living alone.”

“She must be thinking you’re bringing others home.”

I laughed at that. “You’re the only guy allowed to enter my room when I was still living with my parents.” I laughed once again and then slapped my forehead. “And damn, even Dad trusts you. When you were on top of me one time we’re fighting over who’s going to eat the last cookie and he found us like that, he didn’t react at all. He said he trust that you won’t do anything stupid to me.”

That make Kyuhyun smirked as he grabbed my phone and started drying it. “Oh yeah, but I remember the time too when your Dad found out that we are having a late night rendezvous at your garden every midnight and he hit me with a baseball bat.”

I broke into laughter upon remembering that. “Yeah, you were knocked out cold that time and Dad thought he had killed you!” I laughed once again and out of habit, slapped the back of his head. But since he was very familiar with my actions, he managed to dodge away. “He immediately carried you inside the house and when he finally realized that it was you—because he thought I was seeing another guy—he repeatedly apologized.” I laughed again and did the same slap-in-the-head action of mine which in return, he dodge away from. “I was laughing so hard that time but in the end, we still got scolded.”

“You were still laughing when I told you that the doctor said that there was blood clotting inside my head.” He pointed out sarcastically and then placed his hands at the back of his head. 

I rolled my eyes at that. “That’s because you were just fooling around. You even said that Dad’s super baseball hit was so tremendous you fear that you won’t be able to remember me anymore.”

“I was kidding that time, damn, I was only fifteen when that happened.” He massaged the back of his head and shivered at the memory. “I was dead scared when your Dad caught us because he thought I was somebody else. When he knocked me cold, I thought I was going to lose my head!”

“That’s stupid, Kyuhyun.” I said while still laughing. “He didn’t use an axe to knock you down.”

“Yeah, he use a bat.” He flicked my forehead and then looked away again. “You didn’t know how I felt that time. All you did was laughed at your best friend when he finally woke up.”

“I kissed the pain away, remember?” I reminded him and then stand when the bus finally came. “But then you said that it had disgusted you so I just laughed, it was your fault why I laughed.”

Kyuhyun helped me carry the groceries inside the half filled bus before allowing me to enter first. Both of us were standing and facing each other as we resumed our conversation. “I remember the kiss but I don’t remember saying that I was disgusted by that, you’re just making that up.”

“So now I’m a liar!” I hissed at him and punched his chest none too gently. “You clearly said that, there is no way I’m going to lie about it. I was the one who remembers everything about us.”

“Nope, I was the one who clearly remembers our childhood days.” He held my elbow when the bus skidded into a stop so I wouldn’t fall. I almost arched an eyebrow at the girl behind him who seemed to be trying to get close to Kyuhyun. He laughed at that. “You’re acting like a jealous boyfriend again. Didn’t I tell you that you’re the only guy in my life?”

I laughed at him inwardly and then glanced outside while grinning. “Yeah, you’d always tell me that thing that someday, you’d marry me and we’ll live in your dear England. Dad would laugh at us if he hears you say that.”

“But I was really serious every time I’ll say that.” He retorted and looks outside too—his hands gripping tightly on my elbow. “And besides, I’m jealous at the guy behind you. He was trying to get close.” 

I laughed and then turned my back on him and pressed my back on his chest. “There, happy?”

“A little bit.”

“Oh, here’s another one, do you remember the time when you told Dad that you’ll keep me when we grow up?” when he nodded, I laughed. “Dad and Mom made fun of you that time and refused to let you see me, it was really funny.”

Kyuhyun pressed his forehead at the back of my head and then wrapped one of his long and pallid arms around my waist. “Yeah, how old am I that time—nineteen? I’m not sure.”

“You’re seventeen that time, stupid.” I said to him and held his hand tightly. “You said keeping me from you is against the law so Dad laughed so hard and finally allowed you inside the house—seriously; I never thought you were that in love with me that time.”

“I am still that in love with you up to now.” he informed me and started massaging my forearms. “You just wouldn’t believe me because I left one time for England without telling you.”

I nodded uncaringly and caressed his hand. “Yeah, I found out that time too that you were going to meet a candidate fiancé. I was so mad at you I refuse to eat for days. Dad and Mom were really worried that time so they called your sister to inform you of what was happening to me. I thought it was really pathetic so I’ve decided to go back to my normal self.”

“And then when I got back..." he gulped at the sudden thought of the memory before continuing. “—you hit me with a baseball bat.” He leaned closer to my ear and sighed. “That guy was really getting on my nerves; he keeps on getting close to you.”

I irritatedly elbowed him and finally spun around to face him. “If you’re planning to bully me again, I swear I won’t go back home.”

“I was just kidding!” he retorted hastily and gently held my elbow again since I wasn’t holding onto the safety handrails. “Seriously, Jongwoon, you should go back home now. Your Mom’s really worried and your Dad threatened me that he’d spank me with a baseball bat again if I didn’t manage to bring you back home.”

“What did you tell them when they’ve said that?” I prompted, trying to control my laughter. 

Kyuhyun shrug. “Well, of course I told them that you were refusing to answer my calls and that you didn’t want to see me—though I assured them that everything will be fine and you’ll be home soon. Come on, Jongwoon, I’m literally begging you, please go back home.”

“I bet you just need someone to clean it.”

He rolled his eyes at that. “Jongwoon, I’ve never thought of you as a servant. You weren’t even touching either the broom or the dustpan because I was the one who does all the house works!”

“So now I’m at your—hmmp!”

“No, I don’t mean any harm, babe.” He interrupted me and then pushed the buttons since we’ve finally arrived on my apartment—well, on the apartment I was currently occupying since I run away from our house after finding out that Kyuhyun went to England again without notifying me. He carried almost all of the groceries before telling me to get off first. “We’ve arrived…at your house.”

I rolled my eyes and then laughed at him when his expression turned morose but well, I’ve learned to ignore it. It was his fault in the first place. “Don’t forget to remove your shoes or else I’ll throw you out.”

“You always threaten me that you’ll throw me out but then you keep on running away.”

“Because it seems to me that you don’t want me around anymore.” I hissed at him and went straight to my room to look for spare clothes. “Because if you really wanted me around, you’ll inform me when you’ll fly to England and when you’ll decide to go home. Did you think I was the type of man that you could leave whenever you want?”

He rushed to my room and removes his socks before ing his polo. “Jongwoon, you know very well that I never thought of you like that.”

“Then why did you left without telling me?” I prompted at him and threw him some of his clothes that he left days ago. “Because I swear if you met up with that stupid candidate fiancé again, you’ll be signing a divorce paper now.”

“No, no, Jongwoon, you’re not going to divorce me.” he said and rushed to me while holding my wrist tightly. “Please, please Jongwoon, I’m begging you. I won’t do it again, please.”

I rolled my eyes and pushed him before grabbing the towel that was hanging by the headboard of the bed. “Stupid. The bathroom’s by the end of the hallway. Hurry up and change or else you’ll catch cold.”

He went to the bathroom quietly whilst I settled on arranging the groceries I bought to the fridge. I was on that position when Jongjin appeared by the staircase with his law books on his hands. I smiled at him. “Hey, I’ve bought you some ice cream.”

“Is Kyuhyun-ssi here?” he asked instead and placed his books by the counter. “I think I heard his voice awhile ago.”

I merely shrugged and put my hands under my jaw. “He’s at the bathroom changing clothes. Anyway, thanks for letting me stay here for a month.” I chuckled at that. “—he’s getting aggravated because I was all alone on my own. He was begging at the bus awhile ago.”

“I was hiding Dad’s bat in the sink.” He said while slightly laughing. “If he tried to go back to England without notifying you, feel free to use the bat to smash his head open.”

That made me laughed and noticed Kyuhyun's shadow appearing by the kitchen door. 

From behind me, Kyuhyun appeared and cleared his throat. “I’m hearing the two brothers talking about me.”

Jongjin rolled his eyes and then went back upstairs again. “If you’re planning to leave, don’t forget to lock the doors.”

“Okay.” I called out and then faced Kyuhyun. “Try doing that again and I’m going to divorce you.”

“I already promised I won’t” he reasoned and placed both his hands by the counter so he was cornering me and that there weren’t anywhere for me to go. “Please go back home, I promised I won’t do it again. And if I ever did—“ when I narrowed my eyes at him, he immediately retaliated. “Okay, okay, I won’t do it again, that’s a promised.” He scrunched his nose and placed a quick kiss on my forehead. “I’m so sorry for leaving you alone without even calling you. If ever I had a call from England, I’ll immediately tell you so that you would know that I’m going back home.”

“Don’t promise.” I told him and gently caressed his pale cheeks. “Do it…because you know, I don’t really know what I’d do if you disappear again.”

“I won’t disappear, Jongwoon.” He said and pressed his forehead on mine. "I told you that there is no way I’m going to leave you."

“Whatever.”

“So, are you going home now—back to our home?”

I smirked at that before nodding. “Yeah, just don’t leave me alone again inside that huge mansion of yours or else—“

“I’ll be signing a divorce paper.” He continued since he was expecting me to say that.

I laughed on his neck and gently slapped his back. “You were the one to say that, honey. I was kind of thinking to burn the house down if you plan to runaway again.”

“Oh come—“

“Honey, shut up.” I interrupted and place a chaste kiss on his lips. “Let’s go home, Jongjin said he couldn’t sleep properly when I was here in the guestroom sleeping alone so he volunteered on sleeping beside me.”

“No wonder your Dad warned me that he’ll knock me again with a baseball bat. He said how could I let you sleep alone."

 

A/N:

 

Done! It's a rush so please bear with my mistakes. Hope you like it and as always do tell me what you think. (: