Chapter 9

Guāng (Light)

   The guys starred at Kyungsoo. "Something wrong?" Kris asked, unsure of what was going on.

   "It's Baekhyun," Kyungsoo answered. "He won't eat anything, he's trembling, he can't think straight. His face is red but he has no fever...." Kyungsoo sighed, really worried now. "He keeps complaining about his head, and I've noticed his strange behavior."

     "What do you mean?" Suho asked

      Kyungsoo looked around him, wary of the other students. "When he wakes up from his nap his eyes are silver..... and when he's tired his eyes are silver. Not grey, silver." Kyungsoo answered. 

     Kris looked at him strangely. What does that mean? "....Let's go see how's he doing" Kris said. They walked to Kyungsoo and Baekhyun's shared room. He opened the door and saw Baekhyun sleeping on his bed. His eyes were shut tightly, his hands gripping the blankets tightly.

    "He's been asleep for a couple of hours now," Kyungsoo said. "I don't know if I should leave him like this or wake him up to make sure he isn't dead."

     "He's looks so cute when he sleep,s" Chen whispered. They all moved closer to the bed. Hovering over the small boy, they watched him in concern. Baekhyun moaned in sleep, his eyes flittering open. He was waking up.  Baekhyun sat up and rubbed his eyes. His friends' eyes widened. Baekhyun's eyes glowed silver.

     "Baekhyun are you okay?" Luhan said carefully, unable to tear his gaze from Baekhyun's. Baekhyun just starred at him with his silver eyes. He didn't look like he knew what was going on.

     "Are you hungry?" Kris asked, trying something else. 

    "No," Baekhyun answered slowly. He blinked a lot, like he was still sleeping or in a haze. Sehun brough a plate of food. He handed it to Baekhyun. He looked at it blankly before picking up the fork. 

     "Okay.... are you alright?" Xiumin asked, positive something was wrong. 

      "Yeah," Baekhyun said. 

       Suho looked at Baekhyun as he poked his food. Baekhyun furrowed his eyebrows together like he was thinking hard."Are you sure you're okay?" Suho asked

      "Yeah, just thinking about something...." Baekhyun answered. He shivered and put the plate of food aside. He looked up at his friends with tears in his eyes.  "What if I end up killing someone next time?" Baekhyun asked. "I just..I can't control it. What if I kill someone?"

     "You're just stressed out from all the things that have been happen here,"  Kris said quickly. Everyone else nodded. "You're not a bad person....whatever is going on, it's something we can all get through together?"

      "Yeah..... I guess you're right" Baekhyun said quietly. Chen, feeling how badly Baekhyun felt, pushed him back down to sleep. 

      "Go back to bed," he said. "I'll sing you to sleep okay?"

      Baekhyun nodded. 

     "Uri ape pyeolchyeojin Jeong bit sogeuro geu nugudo moreuneun miraereul hyanghae meon hutnare jeonseroi deol georeum" Chen sang  Uri ape pyeolchyeojin jeo bit sogeuro geu nugudo moreuneun miraereul hyanghae meon hutnare jeonseroi doel georeum

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

    "Mom?" Baekhyun called as he looked around him. He realized he was in his room laying on his bed. Everything was dark again. He didn't remember his childhood being this dark...where were the lights? Reaching out to the shadows, he tried to find her. Something stirred in the blackness. Baekhyun drew back from it in fear. "Mom?" he called out louder. "Mom where are you?"

     She appeared now, resting beside him. His mother pulled the blankets tightly around him. She whispered into his ear. "Don't worry, you're fine Baekhyun..." He shivered.

      "Mom why is it dark?"

      His mother sighed, his hair gently. "Never mind the darkness little one. You need to sleep alright?"

      Baekhyun sat up, trying to protest. But he was exhausted and tired of being scared. So he let his mother push him back down into the mattress. She began singing, her soft voice lulling him to sleep.

      " Uri ape pyeolchyeojin jeo bit sogeuro geu nugudo moreuneun miraereul hyanghae meon hutnare jeonseroi doel georeum. Uri ape pyeolchyeojin jeo bit sogeuro geu nugudo moreuneun miraereul hyanghae meon hutnare jeonseroi doel georeumUri ape pyeolchyeojin jeo bit sogeuro geu nugudo moreuneun miraereul hyanghae meon hutnare jeonseroi doel georeum......"

         "Sleep little one."

        "But it's dark," Baekhyun said, sitting straight up. "I'm scared of the dark."

       She laughed at him. "Baekhyun, there's nothing to fear here. There's light everywhere."

       He pouted, reaching out to hold her hand. "Not here," he whispered. I can't see anything here. If there's nothing but dark, where's the light?"

      "In you silly," she said, scooping her up into her arms and rocking him back and forth. "The lights in you. Make your own light. Just be careful that you don't let it overwhelm you small one. Light fills up everything and can burn if someone lets it rage too brightly."

      "I like light," Baekhyun muttured, eyelids fluttering shut....

        "I know," she whispered into his ear. "Now sleep.'" She began singing again, and this time Baekhyun fall deeply asleep. 

 

 

 

       ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

     "You're right Kygunsoo," Kris whispered as they watched Baekhyun turn in his sleep. The covers had been tangled around him, Baekhyun was sweating and looked like he was having a nightmare. "Something is very wrong with him....no one has silver eyes. Not even us with powers. We need to check this out before he hurts someone or himself."

      Kygunsoo nodded. "Let's check the library, " he said. "The last thing we need is for the teachers to notice this."