Chapter 6

Guāng (Light)

Baekhyun laid on the bed with a bag on ice on his forehead. Baekhyun was excused from Gym class so the incident doesn't happen again. There was a knock on the door, Chanyeol poke his head in the doonrway. "Hey" Chanyeol said "Hi" Baekhyun said turning his head lto look at him. "Kyungsoo told me you knew here" Chanyeol said, "Yeah Coach told me I was excused from Gym so you know" Baekhyun said. "Yeah" Chanyeol said, "How's your head" He asked "Its fine" Baekhyun answered. 

 

 "So I have been meaning to ask you something" Baekhyn  asked sitting up "Who's Sungmin" He asked "Oh Sungmin is the most scariest yet toughest guy in school" Chanyeol answered. "If Kyungsoo and Sungmin were in a battle they would be equally matched" He said. "But someone like you Sungmin could easily snap in half" Chanyeol said Baekhyun gulped. 

"But don't worry we won't let it happen" Chanyeol said, Baekhyun held his head and groaned in pain. "Are you alright" He asked "Yeah I'm fine" Baekhyun answered. "Here laid down" Chanyeol said pushing Baekhyun on the bed, Chanyeol placed his hand on Baekhyun's forehead. "That's should soften the pain" Chanyeol said "Thank you" Baekhyun said. 

"No Problem" Chanyeol said getting up from the bed, "Let me know if the pain goed away" He said walking out the door. Baekhyun just laid on the bed with his eyes closed, Baekhyun held his head.

_________________________________________________________

Baekhyun walked over to his group of friends as he sat down he placed his head on the table. "Are you alright" Suho asked Baekhyun just nodded, Kyungsoo placed his hand on his forehead and then his cheek. "Baekhyun are you sure you're alright" Kyungsoo asked Baekhyun just nodded. But Kyungsoo knew he wasn't okay. Baekhyun stay quiet the whole day without saying a word to anyone. 

Kyungsoo and the others began to worry about their human friend. Baekhyun sat in the corner with his head in his knee in Gym. "Hey" The guy named Hyunseung said "Hi" Baekhyun said. "Are you feeling alright" He asked "What do you mean" Baekhyun asked "Well all of your friends are just worried about you" Hyunseung answered. "Honestly I'm fine" Baekhyun said, "Okay just checking" He said getting up. 

_________________________________________________________

Kyungsoo opened the door and saw Baekhyun laying on his bed while holding a photo of his parents. Kyungsoo walked over to him and picked up the photo, Kyungsoo smiled then kissed Baekhyun's cheek. "Sleep tight Baekkie" He said and pulled the covers over him and walked away. Baekhyun shifted on the bed, his hand moving above his head. He was having another dream. 

 

   "Baekhyun," his mother whispered into his ear. "You're going to be okay. The lights will turn back on in a few minutes." Baekhyun shivered in the darkness. Thundered roared above them, whind shaking the house violently. He reached out for her, blindly trying to reach his mother. The bed shifted and suddenly she wasn't there anymore. He cried out in fear. He didn't remember this either. It must have happened when he was young...how did this end? The bed groaned. Hands slid around him, pulling him into his mother's lap. 

    "See, I'm right here," she whispered. "You're going to be fine. The storm will end and Dad will get the power back on. We're all going to be fine." Baekhyun nodded, but he really wanted to keep crying. Another peel of thunder rumbled. He saw no lightening. Were they underground? Something cold slid onto his wrist. Baekhyun whimpered, but his mother squeezed his hand reassuringly. "Don't be scared. It's a bracelet. It's....someone gave it to you a long time ago. It's time you had it."

     Baekhyun touched it in the dark. It was metal, with tiny little symbols carved into it. He felt a circle in the middle and little pieces breaking off from it. He wondered what it looked like the light. "Who gave it?" he asked. His mother ran her fingers through his hair. "You'll find out when you're older," she finally whispered. "Older and wiser. Until then, keep it and be brave my little Baekhyun. You're special."

 

     Baekhyun opened his eyes. The room was quiet. He wasn't holding his photo anymore and a quick glance told him Kyungsoo was sleeping in his own bed. The night was still. There were no storms, no thunder, no quiet whisperings. He sighed and shut his eyes. His head still hurt, but he wasn't going to die. He didn't have to take gym anymore, so that was something...I just have to avoid Sungmin....Baekhyun pulled the covers over his head and tried to ignore the fact that he'd remebered something new. Soon he was in a dreamless sleep. 

      He didn't notice his bracelet was glowing.