Chapter 3

Guāng (Light)

Feeling better knowing he had made friends in this strange school, Baekhyun made his way to his next class. The school hallways were long and completly confusing. Glancing at his school schedule, he saw he had chorus next. That was the class he shared with Kyungsoo. Baekhyun was happy that he had a friend in his last class of the day. All his other classes had been students mocking him to the point of tears while he realized without powers he couldn't do anything. 

      He tentatively opened the door to the classroom and snuck in. Some of the students noticed him. They all rolled their eyes and muttered under their breaths. Human, what's it even doing here? Ten dollars he won't last a week. 

      Baekhyun rushed over to sit by Kyungsoo who was sitting by the window. The boy smiled at him, moving his bag off the side. "Ignore them," he said. "They're all being idiots."

     He nodded. He could ignore them for a while, but it was going to be a long, long school year if they hated him. Sighing he watched as the teacher came into the room. The man starting scribbling on the blackboard, immedeitly launching into a lengthly speech. 

     "And this is why we always-"

     The door creaked open again. Chen stuck his head in. On seeing Baekhyun and Kyungsoo, he flashed a grin and crept over to the two of them. "What'd I miss?" he asked. Baekhyun shrugged and Kyungsoo rolled his eyes. "Nothing," he said. 

      Chen smirked, relaxing in his chair. "It's the speech he gives every year," he said. "Stuff about powers and singing and things like that. He gives it the first day. Afterwards this class will pick up." The teacher yelled at them to pay attention. The students around them shot them dirty looks. Look the mortals in trouble, the looks said. Figured he'd do it. 

     Baekhyun shrunk down his seat, avoiding looking at their glares. This was going to be a long year. 

    

__________________________________________________________________________________

 

  "So what do I do without powers?" Baekhyun asked. The friends all sat in the library, off away from the other students. A few of them were studying, most of them were not. Xiumin looked up from the book he was reading and shrugged. 

      "I'm not sure," he said. "As far as I know, this school has never had a mortal student. Only people with powers get in here. We have to learn how to control our powers and act natural around humans like you."

     "Oh," Baekhyun said. He felt slightly disappointed they didn't have any advice for him. Right now it looked like the student body was going to kill him before he graduted. He glance over his shoulder to see a group of them staring at him. When his eyes connected with one of theirs, the student smirked and turned away. Baekhyun didn't hear what he said, but the sneering laughter told it all. He turned away. Running his fingers over hs bracelet, he tried to stay calm. 

      "Hey," Henry said. "Don't worry about it. I'm sure you're here for a reason. No one comes to this school without having something special about them. You'll do fine."

     "What if I'm not special?" Baekhyun asked. "Because I'm positive I'm just a normal human."

     Kris joined the converstation. "It doesn't matter if you're just a human," he said. "You're the first human we've met that knows about our powers and isn't scared of us. You'll figure this school out, give it some time okay?" Kris said Baekhyun nodded and smiled.