Chapter 11

Guāng (Light)

  Baekhyun sit at lunch with his eyebrow furrowed together. A shadow fell across him, causing him to look up.

   "Hey," Max said "Can I join?"

    Baekhyun just nodded, staring off absent mindedly into space.

     "Something up?" Max asked, taking a seat next to him. Baekhyun sighed, running his fingers through his hair.

    "It's just those words Chen sang last night... it's the same words my mom sang to me as a kid" Baekhyun explained. "I forgot about it until now, but now I can't stop thinking about it. How did he know that song?"

   "What were the words?" Max asked curiously.

   "I don't want to say it," Baekhyun said quietly.  

    "Please I want you help with your problem", Max said. "Maybe I know them and can help you figure out why she knew it."

   "Okay," Baekhyun said slowly. "The words went like this. Uri ape pyeolchyeojin jeo bit sogeuro geu nugudo moreuneun miraereul hyanghae meon hutnare jeonseroi doel georeum" Baekhyun sang softly. He closed his eyes to remember the tune. When he opened them, Max was frozen in place. His eyes wild and starring off into space.   "Max?" Baekhyun said, reaching out to touch him. "Max!" Baekhyun called. Max blinked and finally looked at him.

       "I'm sorry I have to go" Max mumbled.

     "Wait Max," Baekhyun said in shock. "But I thought you-"

      "I'm sorry but I really have to go," Max said.  Getting up,  he ran away before Baekhyun could say anything more.

       "That was weird," Baekhyun said.

 

      Baekhyun walked down when he heard a voice. He turned around and saw Taemin, he smiled and waved at him. Taemin walked up to him. "So are you excited?" Taemin asked.

     "For what?" Baekhyun answered

     "Oh that's right Key didn't tell you" Taemin said, shifthing his bag up.  Baekhyun shook his head no. He didn't know of anything to be excited about.  "It's my older brother Lee Minhyuk's birthday this weekend," Taemin said. "I was wondering if you wanted to come."

     "Sure, I would love to," Baekhyun said. Then he remembered he was a human. Did Taemin's older brother hate humans too? "Question..... does he have a thing against- you know," Baekhyun whispered.

     "Of course not he totally cool with humans," Taemin answered.

      "Hey" Max said as he walked towards him. He put a friendly hand on Baekhhyun's shoulder. "Hey Baekhyun I'm really sorry about earlier."

      "It's fine" Baekhyun said, still unsure of what had made him run off like that. Was it something he said?

     "Hey Max, wanna come to my older Lee Minhyuk's party this weekend?" Taemin asked. "Lots of people are coming."

     "Sure," Max answered. He paused. "Can U-Know come?"

     Taemin shrugged. "Sure" Taemin said.

     "What time and where?" Baekhyun asked.

       "It's at 8pm and at Jin Golden's Palace" Taemin said. Then he was off down the hall.

        "I'll at your dorm to pick you up at 7pm," Max said. 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

   "I'm pretty excited for Taemin's brother party this weekend," Baekhyun said.

   "Yeah Taemin's brother party are the best," Ryewook said. Baekhyun dropped his stuff he saw Hyunseung come down the hall with a guy with black hair. His eyes lit up in surprise. 

"HYUNSEUNG" He screamed, waving his arms to get his attention.  Baekhyun ran towards him. The two of them stopped and let him catch up to them. "I'm so sorry," Baekhyun said.

      "It's fine" Hyunseung said, smiling.

     "No it's not I could have killed you," Baekhyun said. He paused to look at the guy with black hair glaring at him. "Hi?" Baekhyun said, unsure of him. The guy grabbed Baekhyun's chin with one hand and his shirt with his other. Within seconds he lifted him in the air.

      "If you dare hurt my friend again you'll have to answer to me," The guy snarled.

      "Woah Yoseob chill!" Hyunseung cried. He smacked his friend in the head.  "Put him down. "

        Yoseob glared, but put the winded Baekhyun down. Hyunseung patted Baekhyun's arm to make sure he was alright. "I'm sorry about him Yoseob can be a little temperemental" Hyunseung said. Baekhyun nodded, but moved to the other side of Hyunseung. 

       "I missed you Hyunseung," Baekhyun whispered.

        "I missed you too," Hyunseung said, hugging Baekhyun tightly.

        "I didn't mean to hurt you.... I was so worried I killed you" Baekhyun said. Hyunseung's hold on him tightened. 

       "It's alright. I'm fine see?" Hyunseung said. He pulled back and ruffled Baekhyun's hair. "I need to get to class now."

       "Are you going to Taemin's brother party this weekend?" Baekhyun asked hopefully. 

       "No I'm busy this weekend," Hyunseung answered.  

           "Oh... okay," Baekhyun said.