Family Dinner

Lovely Days With You

We, five, are sitting in the dining room, ready to have dinner. Our menu for today is the oyster soup that both Michelle and Hyuna prepared this afternoon.

“Whoahh…. This is delicious! Our Michelle who skipped classes today cooked this for all of us..” My dad says while slurping the soup.

“Eyyyyyy… don’t add the details! Dad, Hyuna eonnie helped me to cook this too..” Michelle said.

“Really? You’re good at cooking then…”

“I just helped her cut the vegetables and wash the oyster. I cannot cook at all. I’m very bad at cooking, your son knows it very well..”

Hyuna take a quick glance at me then smiles at my dad. I look at my dad, he giggles. Probably he finds Hyuna’s answer ridiculous or even adorable. I then look at my mother who is busily smiling while looking at Hyuna.

“Mom, are you okay?“ I try to distract her from whatever thoughts she was in.

“She’s so beautiful!”

“Ah, thank you very much..” Hyuna is blushing.

“I choose the right one, right?” I say, proudly. Hyuna kicks my leg under the table.

“You’re a singer too, right?” my dad suddenly butts in.

“Yes, Kevin and I are working under the same agency..”

“Nine Muses, Dad! Nine Muses!” Michelle adds.

“Nine..what?”

“You’re so uncool…” Michelle frowns. “This eonnie is a supermodel! She can sings and dance too. This eonnie is really daebak, I love her!” She says, enthusiastically.

I can see Hyuna smiles. She is blushing, for the thousands times, right now.

“My son is dating a supermodel. Wow!” My dad claps his hands.

“Dad, this is embarrassing!” I said.

Around 12.05 a.m…

                I cannot sleep, so I decide to stand at the backyard alone, drinking wine. I hold the glass while looking at the sky. I hope there will be a falling star so I can say my wish and everything will be so magically dreamy. I put the glass on the table then back watching the night sky of Sydney with both my hands in the pockets. Suddenly someone gives me a tight back hug.

“Hi..” Hyuna whispers to me then rests her head on my left shoulder.

“Can’t sleep?” I rub her hands.

                Hyuna then stands in front of me, placing her hands on my shoulder. I message her waist a bit. I frown, seems like she is going to say something to me.

“Why are you still here? Aren’t you tired?” Hyuna hugs me.

                I wrap my arms around her waist tightly, I bet she likes this kind of moment.

“Probably because I had a nice nap this morning. I cannot sleep. Why are you here as well?” I say, smiling.

“I love your family. I thought they would be cold to me. Your sister is so kind, she’s too generous, up to the point she asked me to sleep in her room but there’s no enough space on the bed because she is like doing karate while sleeping and kicking me around..”

“Hahahaha… what?” I pull Hyuna away. “I probably appear in her dream, that’s why she’s doing karate while sleeping..” I said.

“But she is so nice to me. So are your parents…” Hyuna smiles. “Thank. You..” Hyuna kisses me right after she finishes the word one by one.

                I stun like an idiot then smile at her. Did she know that I’m confused about our future? Did she know that I love her more than anything in this world? Did she know that I want to spend the rest of my life with her? Did she know that I want to ask her to marry me every time I see her face?

“Kevin..!” Hyuna rocks my body a little, forcing me back to my consciousness.

“Well, you can sleep in my room. I can share the bed, like you always do. At least, I don’t do karate in my sleep. Let’s go..” I smile.

“I thought you said you couldn’t sleep, which means you’re not tired yet..”

I wrap my arm around Hyuna’s shoulders then drag her along to my room.

“That’s why I won’t make you sleep, tonight….darling!” I giggle.

                Hyuna looks at me like I’m some kind of mental. The next thing I know, we both enjoy the rest of the night like any couples will do.