Musical Innovation

Lovely Days With You

                Two weeks later, we arrive at the company. The CEO invite us to have a BBQ party this evening, he also said that he wanted to make a musical innovation (??) from our group, just to keep the pace up since we are the hot idol group these days.

“He probably will ask us to record an English song… I love it!” Kwanghee whispers to me.

“I don’t know.. maybe a unit?”

“Shut up, you both speak too loud!” Junyoung puts his point finger on his lips.

“All ZE:A members gather in the meeting room!” Mr. CEO orders us.

                We all then go to the fourth floor and sit on the prepared chairs. We all are expecting for another album, but Kwanghee’s variety programs schedules do not allow us to, that is why we are kind of confused and worried.

“We’ll create a unit. Junyoung, Dongjun, Taeheon, Minwoo and Heecheol.. one team! Kwanghee will focus on variety programs, Siwan will start filming a new movie next month and Hyungsik will be casted in a new drama..” Mr. CEO says that even before he sits on his chair.

“What about Kevin?” Junyoung asks.

“Kevin… Kevin will sing an OST for Hyungsik’s new drama. If the respond is good, solo album is a yes!”

“WAHHHHHHH DAEBAK!!!!!!!!!” Kwanghee, half shouting.

                I somehow cannot believe this. We are really on a roll. I don’t know if I will call myself lucky or what. I am a little bit nervous now. My heart is beating very fast. Something that I always wanted for years. A solo album. Well, only if the respond of my OST song is good though, but still, it makes me want to work harder on this project.

“The OST song, is that a song you’ve already prepared?” I ask the CEO carefully.

“Aren’t you good at composing songs? I’ll let you do everything you want for this..”

“Really? Thank you very much…” I smile like a little kid.

                Siwan pats my back, I know he is saying “good job” to me in a silent way. The CEO then says that I have to do it seriously.

“Sure, I will!”

“Make sure that Hyuna has no schedule when you have to record the song..”

“Yes??”

                All of us ask the CEO at the same time. We thought that he knew about the relationship between me and Hyuna. We are afraid that he will get mad and scold us.

“What? You don’t like it? What’s wrong with Hyuna?”

“Is.. is it a duet?” I ask.

“Yes. You don’t know? I told your manager, though….”

“Ah…. Whoa, a duet! That’s cool, Kevin!!” Junyoung fake a smile.

                The CEO then goes out of the meeting room. We all then discuss about the new unit concept and also talks about Hyungsik’s new drama.


 

At the dorm…

                I just sent a text to Hyuna, asking if she knows about the duet project between us. She said she knew but refused to tell me because she was afraid that I would be still busy with my activities. I am now questioning myself, since when she is afraid to bother me? She knows well that I will never be bothered even if she asks me to come to her house in the middle of the night. At that moment, I realize that we are now having a very bad relationship. It is all my fault.

                I drive my car, I am going to Hyuna’s apartment and promise myself that I am going to solve this problem. I bought her a set of aromatherapy candles when I was in Japan. She loves this kind of smell. On my way to her apartment, I see some familiar faces. Her mother and Joowon are together in a coffee shop. HYUNA is THERE too!! My heart stops beating for some seconds. No way! I said that to myself.

                I do not even know that the light turns green, thank God that there is no car behind mine. I keep driving and tell myself if Hyuna lies this time, saying that she does not meet Joowon and stuff, I definitely will end our relationship. I hate that man! He is like a stalker, always there wherever Hyuna is. Annoying!

                I arrive at her apartment and now am standing in front of her front door. I push the password number buttons. It says ‘wrong password’ though.

“Mwoya?! It was the right password..” I said to the handle of this door.

                I repeat my action but it is still saying ‘wrong password’. Hyuna must be changing it to only God and her know what it really is. I call her phone, she answers. I stun for some second, extremely nervous because I finally can hear her voice.

“Where are you?”

“I’m on my way home, why?”

“I’m in front of your door. I think we need to talk…”

“I’ll see you in 15 seconds, I guess? I’m in the elevator now…” Hyuna says, calmly.

“Okay…”

                I hang up the phone. My heart beats very fast. I will see my girlfriend in seconds. It almost feels like the moment when I first confessed to this lady. Why am I so nervous? Kevin-ah!! Calm down!! I said that to myself while wandering around like a fool. Bing! The elevator comes on the fifth floor, where I’m at right now. When its doors open and I can see Hyuna is walking out of it, I almost popped my eyes out.